FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Dead??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
southpaw
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Houston, Texas

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaleFish, thanks! Love the podcast thanks for keeping the stoke alive! Wakeskating is not dead! I want to buy a new board and I always wanted a Watermonsters. Been riding a Remote Leo 39.5 its 11.8lbs! It's feeling too heavy these days I want something about 10.5lbs. Why has wakeskate weight never been listed by companies? To me it's a very important aspect of the board just like length. For example on the other end of the spectrum I've weighed an integ at 8.0lbs. It's a huge difference if you didn't know before you buy. Is Remote still making boards? If you check the Remote instagram in their tagged pics a few down there's a graphic I've never seen. JZ on the podcast said go buy a Watermonsters to support those guys, what does that mean for the state of Remote? I'm still stoked on wakeskating and riding a few times a week learning a few new tricks still. I taught a bunch of kids this summer at the cable to wakeskate for this first time hopefully they keep at it. I miss how active this site was.
DaleFish
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Cape Town, South Africa

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

southpaw, Thanks dude I appreciate it!

I don't think you can go wrong with the 39.5 WM it's what I ride currently and the weight is perfect.

I can't speak for the Remote guys, but from what I have seen around the web their are a few new remotes floating around in Asia and Europe, I can only assume that its easier to get the skates sent there from the Phillipines than it is to send them to the states, that and the fact that we can't get stuff sent to or from the states during the C-19 restrictions. But they are still fairly active on social media so I'm sure that we will here more from them soon enough.

https://linktr.ee/Wakeskatewednesday
GOLD!en
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Edwards

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like a lot of wakeskaters/owners of a lot of these brands realized that there really isn't a way to continue to try to make a living doing something that really isn't that well known or popular. Ben has been working on Pivot but seems to only skate for fun these days. He was recently spotted in a video with the Oklahoma homies who have a few spots. Wakeskating is a fun hobby, but you really can't make much of a living doing it long term.
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Oct 26, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick’s latest wakeskate Wednesday podcast stated they’re trying to get remotes for 2021. Smash
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: