FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

So uh....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaleFish
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Cape Town, South Africa

PostPosted: Nov 16, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I might not be considered an OG on these forums and haven't made thousands of posts, Ive been creepin' since 2007, cant believe its been 11 years. I'm still wakeskating as much as I can while working the 8-5 at the family run electrical wholesaler. I'm married, 3 dogs no kids yet.

Matti and I started the South African Wakeskate Tour about 3 years ago to service our small scene here in SA and I'm stoked on how its going so far, we did a 3 stops last and have 2 in the bag so far this year (2015/2016 we did 3 events with no overall tour standings) and for the last 3 years we have been the only wake based events running in SA. Hoping we can carry on and get some more exposure to more people and bring more people into the sport and hopefully get more sponsors, at the moment its all self funded.

I've had some amazing experiences wakeskating, I've had the pleasure of meeting Nick when he came down to visit his son Matti. I got the stay with Diets and Matti for a month in Orlando, met Byerly, Bear, Chase, Reed who graciously let us ride battle falls. Went to Poland for a comp where I met Oskar G, one of the funniest dudes i've ever met and recently I met Andrew Roehm, Andy P, Zuzanna & Cole when they came to film for Istudiomo. I linked up with Andy when I was up in Orlando and he introduced me to the whole clear lake crew, James, Brandon, Tynna, TJ, Maria, Sam & Tad. I was really stoked to get to meet some of the people who have been part of the scene on this site and over in the states. They are all awesome people. Its a beautiful thing how this little sport of wakeskating connects us.

It's in my blood, I wont stop till I cant stand up on the board anymore and I'm looking forward to many more adventures and new friends I encounter on the journey.

So yeah...

https://linktr.ee/Wakeskatewednesday
doubleg
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Singapore

PostPosted: Nov 16, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work on the SA scene DaleFish
t-rex
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Denver

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so cool DaleFish! I wish I would have checked this site before last year. I was in Cape Town last christmas, and I saw a few wake boats and I was wishing I was out there!
DaleFish
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t-rex, bummer dude! we could've organized a sesh for sure. What did you think of Cape Town?
t-rex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 05, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaleFish wrote:
t-rex, bummer dude! we could've organized a sesh for sure. What did you think of Cape Town?

Loved it! What a cool place to live. Unfortunate about the catastrophic drought that was happening, but it was a place I could definitely live!

DaleFish
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 06, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t-rex, Yeah man the drought was gnarly, my home lake almost completely dried, our reservoirs are back up to about 70% now. the most we've had in 3 years, so its getting better, hopefully we'll get more rain so I can have water in my home lake again.
Raven
3 Shuv Reed Texas Gap

City: OC

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick, so crazy my wingman best bud from college flies for paradise on oahu and does exactly what your talking about. not to mention tow ins with a hell flying backwards at jaws Shocked anyhow. pm me if you want me to introduce you guys and maybe he can help you Smash

t-rex, how'd did you break your leg bro bro.....hope your on the mend. do your therapy early and often. god speed a quick heal.

aint been wakeskating in a few weeks and feeling abnormal Evil or Very Mad

t-rex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
nick, so crazy my wingman best bud from college flies for paradise on oahu and does exactly what your talking about. not to mention tow ins with a hell flying backwards at jaws Shocked anyhow. pm me if you want me to introduce you guys and maybe he can help you Smash

t-rex, how'd did you break your leg bro bro.....hope your on the mend. do your therapy early and often. god speed a quick heal.

aint been wakeskating in a few weeks and feeling abnormal Evil or Very Mad

Raven, DUDE! Do you still have the same number? I'll call you tomorrow!
Unfortunately, I broke my leg on a really simple slip and fall... socks on a wood floor, and I slipped and broke my damn leg
Mad
You still the chef at Phillips Crab House?

coricluster
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: berlin

PostPosted: Dec 21, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

life been pretty crazy for me....got married five years ago...had a beautiful son 17 months ago...and caught some serious legal issues in sept.

Got caught with the largest indoor grow operation in the history of the county I live in.. so the last few months have been pretty stressful....I have since found time to get wet a few times....shoot a bunch of ducks and have tons of fun with my child...
t-rex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 26, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coricluster wrote:
life been pretty crazy for me....got married five years ago...had a beautiful son 17 months ago...and caught some serious legal issues in sept.

Got caught with the largest indoor grow operation in the history of the county I live in..

Congrats on the baby!

Can't believe it took them that long to catch you! Razz just kidding, that sucks man, can't wait till the feds legalize it all.

t-rex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 26, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a new kite... I kite surfed many many years ago, decided it's time to take it up again.
EJazzle
faceplant

City: Tequesta/orlando

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnnnn the words "kampus flat deck" brought me some serious nostalgia feels
Raven
3 Shuv Reed Texas Gap

City: OC

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just was watching Clint kill it old Skool on that deck in transfer Soooo steezy Smash
t-rex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready for winter to be over.. It's time to skate.
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 YEARS!!!!!! Damn y'all....wakeskating.com........a website that was a huge part of my life and undoubtedly helped shape me into the person I am today. Seeing some of the names on here brings about a flood of emotion with hundreds of memories, laughs, knowledge, humanity, and people that I met through here that turned out to be lifelong friends while I was growing up. I still come back on this website a few times a year to see if anything new has popped up or just to read some old posts and get some laughs out of the yesteryears lol

As stated above I've met some of the nicest and most humble people through this website, a few of which are good friends to this day.

PIRATE Dude you and Grouch used to have me crying laughing with the commentary and back n forth y'all would have in this forum, to this day I still think Grouch should've been a comedian, wherever he is these days. Brandon, I hope all is well with you man, you were definitely a pillar of this site bro.

Raven One of the coolest and most motivating people that i have yet to meet in person. I remember all the time messaging each other after shredding talking about what we landed and didn't, riding, boats, fishing, and how damn cold the water always was lol. I think i met your brother? on spring break down in Florida while riding with Jordan Schwaller on Lake Weir. Your whole crew up there was nothing short of awesome human beings man.

nick I feel like it was a lifetime ago watching you shred down in AMI and progress the sport at a seemingly inhuman level....I can also remember messaging your dad talking about fishing and cigars, if i remember correctly he used to always have a stogie in hand in most of the pics he would post....He was a great guy from the little I got to talk to him and I wish I could've met him in person man, always such a humble and genuine guy.

Im not sure if you remember but I got to meet you twice, once you came up to North Tampa to shred on the lake we lived on and then by random chance Ryan from Phoenix Winch and I met up with y'all when the remote team was touring across the US. Im glad to hear life is treating you well in Hawaii man, that sounds like the life out there!

Theres so many more people I have met through here, Daniel from TX ended up being a great friend and my room mate for a few years, Raleigh from TX ended up being a lifelong friend I still hang out with.

The entire LOTW crew from Orlando- Nick, Lollar, Paul n Mariam, Yuri,Jordan J....all of y'all were so welcoming when I first moved to Orlando back in the day and didn't know anyone, I had the time of my life on some of our adventures back then, I miss y'all!!

In regards to myself, these days I'm living in Ocala, Fl, I finally bought my first boat 3yrs ago and have yet to wakeskate behind it, I have been fishing entirely way to much on the coast and always kick myself in the ass for not having skated behind it yet. I really don't follow the wake community and haven't for a while, I know wakeskating was always a small group and I'm not sure if its because of my own lack of involvement but I feel that over the last several years it has declined in popularity or maybe grown? I honestly cant answer that, but I know many of the OG companies are long gone.

Anyways if you made it to this point in my rambling I appreciate it, for all those I didn't mention but have crossed paths with on here I hope y'all are doing well. If anyone is ever in the central florida area and wants to do some shredding or get out n fish hit me up on FB (Ben Levin)

P.S. Still repping my ws.com sticker on the truck, i think it went on in early 2007 and has managed to survive all these years lol

P.S.S. To this day every time i take a leak in a mens urinal and see the cake I always think about Urinal Mint Laughing Laughing Laughing

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
cheapskate
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Baytown

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integ. I smell what your fartin. I’ve gotten old and have had to act like an adult. I miss those days. Bayou butta, shred. Hope you are well😊
cheapskate
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Baytown

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven!
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a really nice post, integrity640.
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow thank you ma’am and above all else a special shout out to you for being the matriarch of this page and as far as I’m concerned wakeskating as a whole, you were the glue that held this site together all these years...plus dealing with all us delinquent chittlins running around this page back when, must’ve been similar to herding cats! Lol I’m glad to see you still come on here and stay up on the latest happenings, I genuinely hope life is treating you well E-Snow!!!

Has anyone ever started a wakeskating.com group on FB for us old farts? Frye must’ve seen my post and hit me up, I’m gonna try to make it down to Orlando soon and do a little shredding.

If any of y’all are on FB look me up sometime, Ben Levin Ocala,FL

Much love y’all!!

cheapskate you don’t wanna smell what’s brewing right now Laughing

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Sep 14, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

integrity640, thank you so much for saying that. I had a really great time on these boards, and that absolutely helped feed my enthusiasm. I absolutely had some arguments also. (Lol) A community is collective, so the thank you goes right back. The site would have been nothing without folks like you. Cool Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: