FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

2018 Wakeskates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vance Collins
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: 2018 Wakeskates Reply with quote

I scrolled through a few posts, all I really saw was a picture of some 2018 graphics for Remote?

Strolled through Performance for the first time in 8 years, (after realizing it was no longer on OBT but on Sand Lake..)

Took me even longer to find the "wake skates', which were hiding so well they could have been mistaken for trick skis..

So basically, what the hell has happened the past couple years? Seems like remote is the company to buy?

I may just ride my old 4trac... uhh i mean 484...Yes i still have it...

Also I found an old oak wakeskate in my dads shed. Think it is a Prodigal?

Maybe I'll ride that..

Any help? Thanks.

P.S. -- Nick I love you
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remote: through a dealer (online/store)
Watermonsters: watermonsters.co
Original Wakeskates: originalwakeskates.com
Virtue/Project Co: typical.supply
Leaf: leafwakeskates.com
Grain: grainwakeskates.com

You have a choice of shape, weight, grindbase/no, all small companies that are putting out solid looking stuff!
deepcove
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Vancouver

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senza pretty much nailed it with his list.....there are some pretty good choices out there. I really like riding my virtue and rode the older thicker Remote for a couple years. Have not tried the newer thinner lighter model Remote. Not sure if you still ride primarily boat , current wake skates from smaller companies seem to have slower rocker lines that are not what I would consider friendly for to w2w type of riding....something to keep in mind if you are into that sort of thing.

BTW I have a 4 trac and a 484....those boards are nothing alike.....the 484 is symmetrical and not as rounded on the tip and tail. The 484 is identical to my Cassette Mckguckin transformer.....

electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

484 would resemble the 03 cassettes. If you’ve got an 05 concave, that will be
Very different in shape.

I’ll throw it in that liquid force has a couple of skates in their line up. Performance did sell remotes this year, and active still has some on their site. I thought the 2018 decks would have been out already.

Comparing a water monster to a remote, I think the wm has a more abrupt three stage than a remote, or even an original Tao. I found I had to ride it more back foot heavy. I just bought a wm dip so I’ll be able to check out how it rides compared to a 2012 wm or 2013 remote.

My hope is you can find a new brand to support! That’s what wakeskating needs.

canalskater
Taco Bell Fa'Lyfe

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're in Orlando, come check out Freedom Wakepark and you can demo some different brand boards. Its kind of back to the grass roots stages of wakeskating for the time being. There isn't much money coming in from companies who have previously been involved but the DIY spirit of wakeskating has been keeping the progression steadily moving on.

My hope is that as wakeskating continues to evolve, it will attract new companies who's products align better with the lifestyles and customer base within wakeskating. The level of riding isn't slowing down and if you scroll the gram long enough, you'll find tons of new rippers you've never heard of, ripping in their respective corners of the world, pushing the sport and changing it in their own way. In this new "short attention span" landscape of social media, likes = $, and wakeskating definitely has the potential to elicit mass likes when delivered to the right audience, the right way.

It might be a niche activity, but we are living in the heyday of niche activities and even the smallest markets have room to succeed.
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad you made that offer to demo at freedom wake park! I was thinking about that on my bike ride, and one could probably demo just about any wakeskate out at that place.
Vance Collins
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canalskater,

Would love to do that! Can you message me some information? I live in Saint Cloud.
southpaw
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Houston, Texas

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is manufacturing Remote and Watermonsters now? I feel like I heard somewhere the shop in the Philippines isn't making them anymore?
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the most recent wm decks and the remotes with the stamp graphic, and those all came from the Philippines. Based on turnaround time, my suspicion is this hasn’t changed.
dscsk8er55
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vance, If you want to ride a Tao (i have a 41 and 39) come out on the boat! PM me, I am about 5 minutes away from Performance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raven
3 Shuv Reed Texas Gap

City: OC

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canalskater wrote:
If you're in Orlando, come check out Freedom Wakepark and you can demo some different brand boards. Its kind of back to the grass roots stages of wakeskating for the time being. There isn't much money coming in from companies who have previously been involved but the DIY spirit of wakeskating has been keeping the progression steadily moving on.

My hope is that as wakeskating continues to evolve, it will attract new companies who's products align better with the lifestyles and customer base within wakeskating. The level of riding isn't slowing down and if you scroll the gram long enough, you'll find tons of new rippers you've never heard of, ripping in their respective corners of the world, pushing the sport and changing it in their own way. In this new "short attention span" landscape of social media, likes = $, and wakeskating definitely has the potential to elicit mass likes when delivered to the right audience, the right way.

It might be a niche activity, but we are living in the heyday of niche activities and even the smallest markets have room to succeed.

like that Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: