FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Wake tractor what do you know?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PIRATE
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Wake tractor what do you know? Reply with quote

What up boys! And girl...

I have a buddy thinking about buying a wake tractor.... Anyone have any experience behind one? Surf wake and skate wake info appreciated plus the good and bad of the overall boat.

What a threesome this would be!.
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My buddy is the designer. I have been trying to get behind it. I think it would be the best wakeskate boat out there. I will let you know if I do get a set.
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they launched a side driver this year too it looks way better

i flew the drone over one the other day not sure who's it was

dscsk8er55
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in this too...especially the skate wake
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deepcove
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Vancouver

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POPTART wrote:
My buddy is the designer. I have been trying to get behind it. I think it would be the best wakeskate boat out there. I will let you know if I do get a set.

Why do you think that?

POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepcove,I think it would be versatile. But until I ride One its all subjective.

It seems that the larger radius wakes have been the best for surfing weights. So to me if they used that as a basis for making a 19ft boat put out a surfable wave should give you a pretty decent stock wake for w2w skating. Small enough to be something the average rider can progress (skate or board) on.

Look at the new mastercraft xt20

L 20ft
B 98
D 29

$83,999

HEYDAY WT1

L 19-20
B 81
D 31

$? not sure of total msrp (listed at 299/mo? ) lets say its under 40?

I mean this is what the boating/wake industry needed to be doing (like axis started off).

Make a boat that is geared at teaching everyone how to stand on water (surf) then pull them faster- wakeskate/ or board / or whatever

Its not like they are saying here is a 130k boat(that was originally intended to be for parks or vandall to take stuff to the flats on) and we made it Surf specific, bc that is whats hot , and that's all the beginners are going to do behind it. BC even unweighted at 65 it will destroy a beginner's enthusiasm with just a few good slams trying to take that new found waterstanding ability anywhere. So they never do anything but erode the shoreline and standing there chugging a beer sinding ("dont let me down BeeeehwwWAMPHwaaPshernwom dont let me down down dooooownnrd")

When what they need to be doing is getting people out on the water and learning how to get up and stay up, how to re-entry ollie and do surface 360's. Then encourage them to take that to a real board at a real speed. Then they can take those re-entry ollies w2w on a platform that won't kill them. Then once you have ts bs 's and a good foundation of fundamentals get a 24ft boat and weight that shizzle down.

I just don't understand why MC, Malibu, and others have priced themselves out of this world, and are following a fad like this. All us wakeskaters and wakeboarders will be standing around a bar with the 3comp skiers talking about the good ol days and how much fun a prostar 190 was back in the late 90's because we all did everything behind one boat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: