FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Users from 08 and earlier. Where are you now?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakemitch
Frontside Bigspin

City: Yay Area

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Users from 08 and earlier. Where are you now? Reply with quote

Back when I joined this site in 04 I was a junior in high school. I would ride 1-2 weekends a month in the summer, so I relied on wakeskating.com to get my fix before I could drive and then ride as much as possible.

Now I'm 28, teaching high school, getting married this year, and wakeskating every weekend. I even started a Wake Club since the school is right by the CA delta and a ton of kids ride.

What are you guys doing now?

Last edited by wakemitch on Jan 26, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
PIRATE
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome thread! Lets add a "say something about the person above you clause".

[wakemitch, the thing I remember the most about you was talking punk rock bands. I always really enjoyed trading songs back and forth via PM's. I remember you saying that in the Bay area my type of music was referred to as "pirate punk" that always made me laugh.

When I joined the site I was working in my parents gas station and I would sit on this site all day debating fins and talking trash on bi-levels. Laughing I wakeskated 4-5 times a week for a few years and was fortunate to get picked up by Sattelyte Wakeskates (Because of this site) and was able to make a lot of friends and meet a lot of people from this site. All in all it was a good time and back in the day this site was soooooo busy!

Today I'm a father of 3 (two boys and a little girl) I have been married for 13 years as of yesterday. I'm a Firefighter Paramedic in Lake Havasu City. On my days off I sell real estate also as a side job and then at night my wife and i coch 3 soccer teams and a travel team...... I don't wakeskate as much as I used to but I go out once a week when the weather is warm. My kids like riding a lot now so thats fun. I have deffinelty traded my wakeskate in for a Mountainbike but wakeskating will always be close to my heart.

Who's next? Cool [wakemitch,

What a threesome this would be!.
knox
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Gainesville

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't join as early as you guys (07), but when I joined the site I was in middle school. Fell in love with wakeskating real quick! Got advice for how to land my first shuv, bought my first board, and learned just about everything wakeskating related through this site in the first few years I was a part of it. I definitely said a lot of stupid shizzle.

I graduated with an elementary education degree and was teaching while I was in school around Gainesville. Now I'm in my first year of law school at 23. Still wakeskating when I can, and I still ride with the friends I met on this site when I go to Orlando. Super pumped the Tour is back, I hope to see some of you guys out there!

PIRATE you were a legend of the site when I joined, haha. I heard a lot about you from other members of the forum, and my 15 year old self didn't want to cross you Laughing
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joined this site back in 03' i believe, frequented every so often, went on a 2 year mission for my church to Italy, from June 07 - June 09', and secondarily lost my login info. made a new account a few years ago.
i went from riding in dirty, sewage canals to.... still riding a slightly bigger dirty canal. biggest memory from this site was when the Bi-Level was just about to be released and everyone fantasizing/hating on it.
i am now married, in med school to be a PA, have a 6 month baby girl, and cant wait to teach her to wakeskate one day. in addition to wakeskating (which i did solely back in the day) i now strap as well at cable, and love slalom skiing. my wife and her fam got me into it
i think ive always liked people arguing different ideas on this site, if i want somewhere/one to talk to about my hobby that will agree with everything i say i can go elsewhere, i like the discussion, differences of opinion, and critics that can occur here. (doesnt have to be done with any amount of disdain, just fun to see differing opinions)
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and foremost, wakeskating.com was the foundation for which shaped my love for wakeskating and led to me meeting some of the coolest, most down to earth people I know. I can remember being on here back in 04 as a freshman in HS when this site was on fire with stoke and passion. WS.com was a major part of my life for many years, without this site I really don't think Id be the person I am today, seriously.

Back in HS I rode all the time, even more once I moved back down to Florida. Because of this site Ive ridden and made friends with people from Florida to Arizona and up to Maryland. I can't tell you how many times wakeskating has made me realize what a small world we live in.

These days I work 2 jobs, of which one will be a career, and go to school at 2 community colleges, finishing up one degree and starting another. I haven't ridden since May, but everytime I do the same stoke and vibes are always there.

PIRATE I can remember talking to you on the phone in HS when I bought a Sattelyte from you for my buddy, plus all the hysterical threads between you and Grouch

knox I remember when you drove down to Tampa to kick it with Daniel and I. We went winching at our local pond and then went on to shred M-Gap, followed by a Taco Bell session lol

tampa winching.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  71.86 KB
 Viewed:  28448 Time(s)

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
Lollar
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be in the main

I still suck at Wakeskating.

Jake S
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started wakeskating when it was just the hyperlite boards with foam tops that grubb used to ride. I was 12 maybe? I got my first cassette, a 41" projector concave, and joined here soon after. Throughout high school senza wake and I wakeskated and filmed it as much as we could.

My username used to be endpro and I remember giving Nick shizzle about doing inward kickflips and not hardflips. Not that I could do anything close hahaha.

3ish years ago I tore my labrum pretty bad in my left arm (I'm regular so it's my main wakeskate arm) and haven't ridden since out of fear it would tear again and because wakeskating takes a lot of time.

I'm now 27 years old. I work in the TV industry as an editor. Am married with a daughter that is two years old and have a boy on the way in two months. As far "sport" goes I guess you could say I'm a road cyclist and I love every minute of it.

On here I'm usually a cynical armchair critic but I still love to watch the sport grow and evolve. I miss when this site was busier besides senza wake I have nobody to really talk about wakeskating with.
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont remember when I joined but it was just barely before Pirate, I live in AZ and I am an assistant manager of a gun store/range as far as everything that happened in between fuuuuuuuuuuuucck thats a long sordid pile of stuff shouts out to Grouch/E-snow/Parky/Neverride Im sure Im forgetting people sorry Im old now lol I used to ride with Pirate but my family sold the river house so I don't get to see Him or Jeff or Danny much anymore I get to ride like twice a year now, (thats depressing as all hell…) also I have no Pirate Winches left my proto and a customers winch were both stolen haven't quite crawled out from under the money hole I put myself in over Pirate Winch
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah turns out I joined in 04 Smash Smash
Raven
3 Shuv Reed Texas Gap

City: OC

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kento yo really motivated me to go out and get a winch as well as one brother who really breathed a lot of life into the wake skating .com back when i first joined like what seems like forever ago. i've made some great friends here and have been taken in by many...labellethrasher, elecrticsnow, gregeo, the kid, frye, canal skater, caryK just to name a few.

nothing quite like meeting someone you've never met(physically), and sharing the stoke that comes with a wake skate session.

i still work at our restaurant here in oc and my girl is 5 and my son is 2 and i am old old. i had a disc pop out after a set this fall and am on the sidelines til summer......i'm feeling much better and having been on my longest wakeskateless hiatus since joining over a decade ago i am primed for some silver lined wake skate sessions once again. oh boy

this site has been therapeutic for me. i really enjoy each and every member on here and is has been a pleasure sharing this young endeavor with you all

Raven
3 Shuv Reed Texas Gap

City: OC

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
kento you really motivated me to go out and get a winch as well as one brother who really breathed a lot of positive life into the wake skating .com back when i first joined like what seems like forever ago. i've made some great friends here and have been taken in by many...labellethrasher, elecrticsnow, gregeo, the kid, frye, canal skater, caryK just to name a few.

nothing quite like meeting someone you've never met(physically), and sharing the stoke that comes with a wake skate session.

i still work at our restaurant here in oc and my girl is 5 and my son is 2 and i am old old. i had a disc pop out after a set this fall and am on the sidelines til summer......i'm feeling much better and having been on my longest wakeskateless hiatus since joining over a decade ago i am primed for some silver lined wake skate sessions once again. oh boy

this site has been therapeutic for me. i really enjoy each and every member on here and is has been a pleasure sharing this young endeavor with you all

-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly dont know where to being, But I am pumped raven posted above me and thanks to Pirate's clause, I get to say a few nice things about that guy.

Raven has always been the definition of STOKE. He is amped about life and just getting out on the water with some good friend on that dirty black river supplied with all the goats you can imagine. He came to visit FL from MD back when I was still in Highschool, got too pull him and watch some magic back on the Loxhatchee River and we had a blast. I had several more opportunities to pull this dude over the years and I even made my way to get a pull back from him on several occasion with him and coricluster... YEEEEEEWWWWWWW those were some fun ass times man..... Thank you so much for all the hospitality and driving my ass around from the top to the bottom of OC haha. You sir are a true legend and I can't wait to ride with you again soon!

Back to my life story lol..... I joined some time before 2004... but I never made an account, I just browsed.... learning.... coming from a skateboard background I was familiar with most of the tricks, but had NO idea how to convert them to the water. Luckily I had Mr.Tophat and ScottyB to learn with. Tophat had a old Hyperlite Grubb which began the addiction. We were in highschool maybe 9th grade? .... WE couldnt drive and used to meet up on the water, or boat/bike/skate to each others houses just to get a pull and bask in the greatness that is wakeskating. Our appetite grew more and more, We all started traveling, meeting all the pros at the time, and meeting the people who were to become pros like Nick.... Made many trips to O-town and thought i may attend college there because of wakeskaing.... I changed my mind and settled down in So Flo where I belong and couldnt be happier, most of my friends who went up there ended up back down here anyways haha... during college.... Erik, Bobby, Oury, Ejazzle, MikeG, Andrew Masi, LadyKayYachts, and Jeff from Virtue and we rode as much as our schedules would let us! I met some of the best friends I could ever have made on this website, Chris O and Scuba Steve they lived in Miami which is a short drive from my home town Boca at the time. We have been riding ever since, despite the fact they live in Cali now. I cant name everyone I have met, because the list would be endless.... I wish i could.

I owe wakeskating.com so much. The adventures, the friends, the pulls, the pictures, the videos, the help, the love! Its endless.

Last Feb. I was able to buy my own 2012 Sea Doo Wake .... I couldnt be happier. I am engaged to an amazing girl who pulls me whenever I ask. I have a dream job and can't believe I get paid for doing what I would do for free LOL.

Here are some pics of the adventure that has been my life of wakeskating:

http://postimg.org/image/lnko5wa97/

http://postimg.org/image/5hkx5kgpf/

http://postimg.org/image/3w4jild97/

http://postimg.org/image/aesdg6m8t/

http://postimg.org/image/te1nae27l/

And my most recent vid from this summer.... still riding and having the time of my life <3 TY WS.COM!
https://vimeo.com/132169233[/b]
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Raven, that's means a lot man there are so many canals in the Phoenix area it really bums me out to no longer have a winch, maybe I should freshen up the design and build a new Piratewinch Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing
Frye

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many friends from this website. In the beginning me, peterinsano, Yuri Lima, and Fredrick_Eisenhauer were the annoying kids. Then came nick, TTUFAN24, seven11dmd, wcwakeskater, rukusrider103 and the llama vs alpaca debacle. The grown ups, Grouch, Dave Barousse, electricsnow, and PIRATE were always tolerating us. Followed by Morphine and the darkslides on bilevels. After enough PMs -=AlexXx=-, Mr.Tophat and ScottyB convinced me to come visit. On those trips I met canalskater, Keith R and kevincalvez.

Trying to ride more I moved to California and met up with kento911 who has the oldest PM in my inbox from March 2005 about meeting up to winch. NotSoBueno became my second dad and pulled me every chance we got and then one time chriscut came to take pictures. He gave Reed Watson my phone number on Facebook and we started riding jetski a bunch.

Then I moved to Lake Howell and met the rest of wakeskating.com, CGA PFD took me to Lollar's and I met the strapless crew, uidzero, bromfutter, taku, walaka and some others. Tons of people came and rode with canalskater and I here, Logik, Raven, Wakeman1, DVSKATE, tad, integrity640 And Drew and probably 40% of this website so it doesn't make sense to list everyone.

Lots of pros came and went but the site is ours and we ran most of them off. It is a different place now but this thread feels pretty homey. Currently I live in Orlando and just bought Wakeman1's Dad's old boat and ride a good amount. I don't talk to everyone anymore as much as I'd like to but they all still feel like some of my best friends. Anyone I mentioned and anyone in this thread has an open invitation forever to come ride at my house if you're ever in the area.

-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frye, That was such a fun time when you came to visit..... man that was like SO long ago it feels like. Birthday
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frye actually has a picture in I think the October 2011 issue of Alliance (Rusty is on the cover back lip on a wall ride thingy) and it's got my name under it because we were wearing the same shorts which is literally the only thing visually similar about us lol
Vance Collins
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know where to start.

Frye, I do not think we ever got to ride together but I remember watching your videos and always getting amped to ride.

I got to meet so many people by the use of this site, many of whom I still stay in contact with.

I sadly have not rode in so long, as the last 5 1/2 years of my life I have proudly served in one of the most elite SOF units there is. If you do not know what SOF is google is a great tool!

I am married to a wonderful woman and have an amazing 18 month old daughter. We are proudly moving back to Orlando in November and I am looking forward to getting back into riding.

I always remember when Pirate and Nick came to ride at my house. Still amazed that one of the best wakeskaters in the world was willing to come stay a weekend and provide some of the best memories I can remember.

I miss everyone here especially Grouch. Twisted Evil
TTUFAN24
Something Clever

City: HOUSTON

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frye, I am completely honored to be mentioned. Everything was so crazy back then. Nobody even really knew what all was possible. Sfumato, Jesus Christ. Seeing Drew Danielo's W2W back big and losing my mind. Wood and water don't mix. Llama vs. Alpaca. This website meant a lot to me and people I never met were like firends and family.

I havent ridden a wakeskate in 2-3 years, since I moved to Houston. I fell in love with bicycles and broke my neck at C7 last year. I'm back to riding bicycles everyday. I have a plate and 9 screws in my collarbone from the accident and am healed up enough to hit the cable park now. My wakeskate stares at me every day. I have a cat named Catrick Swayze and I like to party. If anyone wants to be IG friends hit me up @ "BustedDaytonaStripper" on there.

carive
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Manila

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined here in '06 I was 26 then maybe we are the first few in Asia. hehe! I road boards from sucky LF boards, weird ass gatorboard doyle and integs thats a keeper. now back to an LF tao hehehe! I still visit this site once a week to get my ws.com fix. 10 years after with a family now and managing a cable park. I guess I still owe it to wakeskating where I am now.

cheers guys and more wakeskating!

peace Smile

samgoskate
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Winter Haven

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakemitch, I know this thread is dead now, but I remember you coming to Winter Haven, FL. and riding with me and another guy Adam. You also landed one of the steeziest front bigs I had ever seen, on the Liquid Force SST model.

Glad to see you're still riding, hopefully still a keeper of the Straightedge as well.

Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: