FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Question for you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenny-11-
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Shawnigan lake

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Question for you Reply with quote

I'm about 6ft 215 lbs Fairly new to the seen and was wondering I'm looking at getting a Better skate...does size really matter as I noticed most Pro level boards r between 42 and 39 ...how small can I go before sacrificing ride quAlity and if u guys could also give some input on a good skate for flat water n lip tricks ...w2w as I get better but prolly never winch...anyway thx guys and go easy on me I'm new to this
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm stlightly taller and heavier than you and ride a 40". i think it would be safe to say anything near 40.5" would be good for you. you can definitely go bigger, i probably wouldnt go smaller than 40" but if you can try some out then decide, that is best.
GnarShredd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 6'3" and around 220lbs and I'll echo senza wake. I'm going to try and buy myself a 41" for next season though since I like something on the bigger side.
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently 6'1 at 190lbs. 40"-41" is great. But I was also at home on a 38" integrity and riding it when I weighed 205lbs. It's not so much the length of decks that bothers me, it's the width.

I have a size 13 shoe so I get heel and toe drag. So I have To find a board that is wide enough first and then length comes into play.

I rode a catalyst 112 for my first 2 boards and those things are 44" No idea what I was thinking then but at the time it felt right. Now a 41" feels big and 42" is huge.

GnarShredd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven M wrote:

I have a size 13 shoe so I get heel and toe drag. So I have To find a board that is wide enough first and then length comes into play.

I forgot to mention. I'm the same way. Fatter boards are nicer for me due to huge feet.
Rootar
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Little Rock

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im 6' 190 and i have Cursed huge feet issues aswell! I started wearing shoes a whole size small and made sure to get very slim shoes, made a huge difference for me.

I ride a 38.65 integ and it feels pretty small when going w2w but it's a blast on the flats I think you'd be fine on. 39-40 anything above 40 feels huge to me.

Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear some slim DVS shoes and rode the 38.5 integ with no problems.. Well nothing major it worked for me and I felt comfortable. I took a quick set on 38.5 remote and had heel drag. Didn't work for me.

Width plays a big part into board choice and I lucked out with the watermonster.

SCBrips
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Darcy's Parents' Hot Tub

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I don't know how you guys ride those small decks. I'm 6'3" 215lbs and anything less than 42" feels tiny.
Rootar
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Little Rock

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you start by riding faster on the small board. I started with a 42 byerly then a 39 byerly now the integ 38.65. I used to ride around 18-19 when I started now I ride at 21-22mph.
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride closer to 23/24mph. Feels better. Slower speeds make me feel like in working to hard to get the board out of the water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: