FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

FAU- Anyone go there?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: FAU- Anyone go there? Reply with quote

Ive been throwing around the idea of going to FAU for their marine engineering program. Have any of yall attended here or taken this program? The campus id be going to is in Dania Beach. Anyone live around there or have some insight to shine on the topic?

Thanks,
Ben

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

integrity640, My sister used to go to FAU... Seems like a cool campus & I know there's plenty of homies that wakeskate down in that area. What kind of marine engineering are you doing?

EDIT: Never having attended college myself, I guess it's kind of a stretch for me to say it's a cool campus. I wouldn't really know.

`

Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Santa Barbara

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick, if theres plenty of girls, than its probably a cool campus. so if you know that, than you know the other
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick thanks for the reply, did she enjoy going there? FAU offers "Ocean Engineering" program, the only one in Fl. Their program encompasses marine and naval engineering into 1 program, all the way up to a PHD I believe, but basically teach you everything from marinas, oil rigs, inshore/offshore structure construction and design all the way from something as small as a ski all the way up to a cruise ship....

http://www.ome.fau.edu/ocean-engineering/what-is-ocean-engineering

I think itd be right up my ally, I love boats, being on the water, and working on stuff. A little east coast beach living would be pretty sweet too Cool Birthday

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
Mr. Top Hat
Dead

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for it. I have a lot of friends that go to FAU for various engineering programs and they all speak very highly of it.

And yes, east coast beach living is pretty sweet.
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I graduted from FAU but only attended the Boca campus. I donno much about the Dania campus, but my buddy graduated from some kinda of engineering program at the Boca campus and got a job really fast after we graduated. They just built a HUGE new engineering building etc and seem to be expanding fast. Ive only heard good things about the Ocean Engineering program and have heard they had the reputation of "Best Damn Ocean Engineering Program in the World!" (quoted from their website so donno how reliable that is haha). Go visit! Good luck. Smash

Feel free to PM me if u have any more question of FAU in general.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: