FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Alliance Wakeskate is a joke
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lollar
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Alliance Wakeskate is a joke Reply with quote

True Story
shredaustin
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: AUSTIN

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

second
shredaustin
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that
wakemitch
Frontside Bigspin

City: Yay Area

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakeskating does not exist outside of alliancewake.com

this post doesnt even exist Shocked
LATX
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Austin

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bro top 5 wakeskate videos bro

insta: chriscollinge_
#yolo
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey what should we put for the top 5 wakeskate videos brosmosquito?"
"I dunno dude just put the most recent five, nobody'll notice, only like 5 people wakeskate anyway"
TTUFAN24
Something Clever

City: HOUSTON

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those guys were scrambling for some wake to wake riding obviously. GD rips but top 5 of the year? This was a pretty amazing year.
likwidfolife
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: DFW

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, truly a joke. Patrick Weilands is 3 out of 5 vids "nominated". Patrick Weiland is also the main contact for web content... Coincidence...? Rolling Eyes

Didn't even mention the Andrews Celebration Video or Nicks trip to Aus. Yep im gonna do it again. Rolling Eyes
tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, what did you expect?

You're getting worked up over one wakeboarder's obsession with himself, who cares what his favorite videos are? This might be news to some of you... Wakeskating is not wakeboarding, hence the reason wakeboarders have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to wakeskating.

How annoyed are you with how many times I used the word wakeboarding? Definitely.

Solution? Film your own wakeskate videos, start your own website to post wakeskate videos on and pick a new Top 5 wakeskate videos of the year. Hell, you would make history. Wakeskating has never had their own awards picked solely by wakeskaters, they've always been voted by a majority of wakeboarders.

Last edited by tad on Nov 30, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
carive
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Manila

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
GnarShredd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shredaustin
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha
88skisupreme
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: ATX

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joke? Joke's are funny, there's nothing funny about DirtyCracker.
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only as devils advocate I ask Tad and kid:
Would you have even let him use your videos? Even if all 5 of his picks were Kids and Tads , would we be pissing about how he can't make his own edits?

Anyone think that an outsider of ws.com or wakeskating in general even gives a crap?

its basically little this

aws is his own little party
or

POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyCracker
Quote:
Don't even know if this email works anymore been a long time. I don't really know the point of this email other then maybe striking a cord with someone on this issue. Take the info below however you would like. Copy and Paste it, delete it whatever you wish. I just wanted to share my side of the story with at least one person.

Against my better judgement I decided to check WS.com today... I try to limit my visits as each time I do I find some new juicy hate against me or my doings at Alliance. I stumbled upon the O so nice thread from Lollar. He's a real doll... I must admit I blew it when considering the videos for Top 5 of the year. I have watched Andrew's welcome to Dragon video multiple times, that obviously should be of been there. I screwed the pooch on that one. I reached out to Andrew Rohem multiple times about posting his edits with always saying he wasn't interested.

People can make me out to be the worst thing to ever happen to wakeskating all they want. I can't stop that. It seems like it was a long time ago when I first started posting on Wakeskating.com. I will admit that my actions on that forum were in way no mature or if they even had a point. I can't really explain what it was other then just dumb. I've grown up a lot since then.. I have 2 kids now and a girlfriend that I support. I take my job very seriously now. I also take how interact with certain people very seriously. People can say I never loved wakeskating, I never actually wakeskated, I have no idea about wakeskating all they want. But honestly I spent more hours wakeskating behind my Jetski with Greg Jones, Jamesboarder, Gporter then 75% of the people who claim I know nothing.

Wakeskating gave me this insane opportunity to do what I found I love. I know I know... I don't actually like filming and editing I'm just a soul less monster who wants more twitter followers. I still work with wakeskaters and film wakeskating these days, do I do it as much as when I first started? No I have to film other things so that I can keep my family fed and the bills payed. Hell I've been filming Bowling so that I keep filming and traveling doing what I love and thats being on the water either on a wakeskate or wakeboard.

Hell when I was in the Philippines last week I rode a kneeboard around for shits and giggles and hit rails. Guess I'm a kneeboarder now haha!

Again I have no idea what any of this proves but maybe it will shed some sort of light on the Dirtycracker issue.. I wakeskated for the first time Scott Byerly the other day after all these years. That was pretty awesome. I mean I grew up watching videos of him wakeskating and wakeboarding and hell I even wore his REEF shoes to high school. It was definitely humbling sitting there looking at the boat as Scott was driving and I was sliding that buttery lip...

I will always love wakeskating no matter what certain people believe so strongly. Those certain people have really been one of the reasons I'm afraid to even do stuff in wakeskating anymore because I know no matter what I do, no matter what, People will still talk shizzle and hate me for it.

POPTART
Quote:
Yo dude. Long time for sure. 1st i loved lipsmack. House had great things to say about working with you. So from the knoxville/slingshot/mastercraft crew everyone digs some dc film. 2nd congratz on the kids! 3rd i dont know why everyone is up their asses. I always thought you were a fun dude on the forms. Even if people can talk shizzle the fact is, i respect some one for their differences in opinion more than anyone who blindly follows the pack. I just think the pack mentality of having something to continually fight is important. Fueling their fire for the wsmag. If they didn't there would be nothing to talk about. I do think that they have some bitter feelings about the amount of time spent on boarding vs skating. But everyone knows wakeboarders pay everyone's bills.
So i think that will just be one of those things where they already made up your mind. Only way to combat that would be to sponsor and run your own wakeskate specific site and tour. Even then they might not give you the chance to set things right. I say keep on keepin on homie. You are obviously making a niche for yourself the same as they are. And for all the similarity between the filmers journeys at this point they still feel the need to continuously separate themselves from you.

I think you are doing the best you can.
So let ws.c beach about something. Any publicity is good publicity.

And just my 2c. Make your next top 5 wakeskate vids picked by someone. Remove your name and opinion as far as you can from your content. Scott byerlys top 5. Stuff like that.

What could he even do to fix your opinions?

Would you even care?

If he is happy, and you are happy, and you know it...clap your hands.

Why even load alliance? LOLLAR

I KNOW FOR A FACT I'VE HAD MY IMMATURE MOMENTS ON THE INTERNET

forgiveness is for the few here on the ws.c

Even if he didn't care to make an effort for wakeskating we can't let it go.

I wish Tad could post on aws and DC could come back here, and everyone could have it out in a real thread Laughing Instead of all this 3rd party bs.

SCBrips
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Darcy's Parents' Hot Tub

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus christ. Talk about first world problems. What a bunch of whining p*ssies.

PW wrote:
I wakeskated for the first time with Scott Byerly the other day after all these years. That was pretty awesome.

I am insanely jealous. Keep making badass vids and living the dream.
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POPTART, i think some of it comes down to being a part of a respected outlet and appearing unbiased. To be a part of alliance as a videographer and selecting three of your own videos to comprise a top 5 doesn't appear unbiased. And in that regard, i think people start to question credibility and effort. How much time was put into creating that "article" and truly trying to find the best of the best for 2012? I think thats where people had the problem, and not that patrick had a video or over half of the entries in a top 5. (did he make the top 5 list also? It would appear that way, and that probably makes it look weird too.) the bottom line is wakeskaters who paid attention know there was some really good stuff out there this year and they want it recognized. Thats not to say nobody liked his vids, because a lot of people dug that fortenberry edit.

I also disagree with your comments to patrick, basically throwing everyone on here under the bus. And i'm disappointed that you will justify a lack of wakeskate coverage in the name of wakeboarding--but that wasnt even the main beef in that other thread. Some people believe that alliance lacks a certain amount of credibility, in terms of being a modern, progressive voice for wakeskating (anyone, correct me if i'm wrong, or just reread nick's old post). A wakeskate only magazine has been something we've wanted for as long as i can remember. Brian zinn even petitioned for one in 2002 to guage interest. Many have come and gone, and now there's a passionate bunch that want to take the reigns, and have the credibility and vision to do it. That magazine and the people involved can sure as hell survive without drama--there's plenty of radical content and fresh ideas to keep people coming back for more. To cheapen that passion and effort with a supposed need for drama and hate really disappoints me and i don't respect that commentary at all., and i'm pretty disgusted that you grouped everyone on here as a group thinking hater who needs drama to be entertained.

And this site doesnt need drama either but it finds its way here in many different ways. The one thing i can say is people dont beach about patrick and alliance on here frequently. Comments arent coming out of nowhere--people are responding to wakeskate related coverage that they question. So who is that on? Everyone has an opinion...

WERDna
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just gonna address the parts that concern me.

POPTART wrote:
DirtyCracker
I reached out to Andrew Rohem multiple times about posting his edits with always saying he wasn't interested.

http://www.alliancewake.com/skate/celebration-andrew-fortenberry/

So there's that...

I verbalized my disinterest to many of Patrick's request to post my videos because he only approaches me after the videos are finished and are up on the web. Tad and I arrange these releases to help one another and above all else bring some new content to the community. Tad supports my work, and gets exclusive hosting rights on many occasions. That appreciation and commitment to my work isn't something I back out on. To think I would bail on an arrangement just by getting nonchalantly approached days after a release for another wake site is mental.

If he had any real interest in my work, he would know that I was/am still doing a 4 part series that he has shown no real anticipation for. I have not received any emails yet for him requesting the Autumn edit, and I assume I won't be receiving one after the release because of this kerfuffle.

I am only interested in helping and providing content for those who support me as an artist as well as the wakeskaters I am proud to represent.

As far as all the other mumbo jumbo, my internet is down and I am on my phone so... to save time, I more or less agree with Esnow on everything else.
tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have to read that story again about Patrick Wieland wakeskating one summer in 2008, I'm actually going to invite him to come out and wakeskate with me.

Last edited by tad on Nov 30, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Than Machines was a pretty important project for me and I think the video speaks for itself. Patrick Wieland deemed it worthless to Alliance and didn't post the trailer because it was posted on wakeskating.com first. Here's the thread I started after that situation:

http://www.wakeskating.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31629&highlight=wesubsist+com

Asking me to change my opinion about dirtycrapper is like asking me to change my opinion about dirty crappers. They're always going to be covered in 5h1t.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: