FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Media and Technology
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is best for the iPhone 5?
AT&T
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Sprint
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Verizon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

supermanotorious
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon? Reply with quote

I'm going to order the new iPhone (as I have been doing for years), who do you think has the best service (customer, data, and cellular)?

texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: HOUSTONNN

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it really only depends on where you live and where you frequently visit.

i live in houston and AT&T typically does a great job with the areas i am in. this will be the only iphone with true-4g tech so if you think that 4g is really important i would suggest looking at the coverage maps.

4g is nice on the android phones but i do not think it is as big of a factor for ME as just having the most 3g coverage.

this is the pickle i am in though:
i have AT&T but am currently grandfathered in to an unlimited data plan, which they no longer offer (a$$holes..)
well my mom wants me to get off of her plan (even though i pay her OVER what my bill is every month) and i have recently found out that i will lose my unlimited data. i know that currently ONLY sprint offers an unlimited data plan but i am very wary of switching...

i am driving to AR with her this weekend so i'm going to work some of my 'best son ever' magic on her in hopes that she won't kick me Rolling Eyes

supermanotorious
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree as I'm grandfathered on unlimited data too but either way, you're going to lose it if you buy the 5, I looked up my past usage and never seemed to go over my 900 min talk or 2GB of data, so my largest focus is having the best and most reliable service, it seems my Verizon sister always has service at our cabin in Northern AZ where no one else does, and I can't remember who gets the best service out on the lake
scott a
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT&T users can stay on their grandfathered Unlimited data plan if they switch to iPhone 5.
texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott a wrote:
AT&T users can stay on their grandfathered Unlimited data plan if they switch to iPhone 5.

you are correct sir.

on a similar note, a while back AT&T started to throttle all users going over 2gb a month and i would get the message every time. but then AT&T backed off a little and pushed it to the 3gb a month. since then i have not gotten any message about throttling BUT i kindof feel like AT&T stopped sending them out and just throttled people anyway... it's all bulljive BUT that's okay

i am kindof tired of AT&Ts crap.............................

we'll see.

mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: mob town

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if they will let you get one at the $199 price if you have the "insurance" thing to where you can get a new one anytime for the contract renewal price? I have a feeling they'd try to make me take a 4s.
scott a
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texasT wrote:
on a similar note, a while back AT&T started to throttle all users going over 2gb a month and i would get the message every time. but then AT&T backed off a little and pushed it to the 3gb a month. since then i have not gotten any message about throttling BUT i kindof feel like AT&T stopped sending them out and just throttled people anyway... it's all bulljive BUT that's okay
It IS all B.S. but at least AT&T did warn people that they would be throttling after 3gb. They may have flagged you early on after 2gb because they hadn't set a clear plan in place, but they definitely made it known that 3gb of 3G data or 5gb of LTE data is max before they throttle your speed - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/01/att-data-throttling-unlimited_n_1314046.html

And as far as "AT&T's crap," well, it's all relative. You could always switch to Verizon or Sprint...

texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott a, correct sir.
supermanotorious
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll go with Verizon, everyone raves their about cell service, AT&T gives me so many dropped calls and failed call attempts, even though the phone is amazing, its a piece if not reliable for being...a phone. I'll sacrifice multitask
supermanotorious
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verizon it is, only waited about an hour and was #15 in line at the Verizon store, I hope none of those morons stayed the night there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Media and Technology All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: