FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Remote Roadkill Splitting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IrieWay
Ollie
Ollie

City: DFW

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Remote Roadkill Splitting Reply with quote

Not even a month ago i bought the Remote Hooker that my friend won here on wakeskating.com He already had the same deck and sold this one to me brand new (iliterally took the wrapping off) after one set at the cable and 3 ski sets, this is what is happening to my Remote. It looks like the glue is unsticking between the layers and the bottom layer is bending away from the top of the deck. I dont understand? I always bring my deck inside after i ride, it hasn't been out in unreasonable conditions other than the Texas heat, but that is just in between sets when im not riding. What can i do?

Link to Photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulpn58i12zp8f4y/CF14PGUvpq

remote1.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  82.49 KB
 Viewed:  9152 Time(s)

TexasBlazed
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damnnnn my shiznackle phone didnt do the picture justice you sent me. i could barley see it from my phone. thats whack. imma be pissed if that happens to mine. maybe do what cory did with gorilla glue? Sad
TexasBlazed
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope it gets replaced..
wakeshredder
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Kansas City

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably a freak accident. Smash Just PM Ben, he'll know what to do. This is the first I've ever seen of a Remote delaminating.
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would check with ed since it was a boardstop board, or try contacting Silas. They are probably the best people to contact (and make sure you contact them direct).
carive
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Manila

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have the same board. I hope it doesn't happen with mine. i only used it like 1 session on cable.
TexasBlazed
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i put white marine epoxy all over mine to seal it to make sure nothing happened. now no water can touch the wood!
IrieWay
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carive, it doesnt seem to have anything to do with cable riding or sliding anything for that matter..carive,
carive
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Manila

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrieWay, yep! just saying that i hope it wont happen to my road kill also. the shop where i bought the board had 2 of the same problem also. just saying. Smile
wakeshredder
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I read here on one of the topics something about how the newest "traffic?" series of Remotes are being made by a new manufacturer... Perhaps this is a known issue and just maybe that's a contributing factor to choosing a new company to make the boards. That being said, there is a good chance you could get your hands on one of the new decks! Let's all cross our fingers for you Birthday
IrieWay
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carive, oh really!? thanks for the input dude. i absolutely love my deck it was so disappointing to jump on the ski and see that GAP..

wakeshredder, im hoping something can be done. pm's and e-mails have been sent. Ill see the whole team in a few days at the obscura championship and ill have my deck with me even though it isnt shreddable
TexasBlazed
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i hope they are fixing these first problems. mine was taking in water on the nose and tail and even the side. it would buldge out over the bottom sheet.. and its only seen water 4 times
wakeshredder
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man! This reminds me of a certain HUGE wakeboard/wakeskate companies product... I know those dude's at Remote are gonna take care of this, and on that note the new ones DAMN well better be made in the USA Smash
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you hear about a new manufacturer?

And let's save the criticism for some other forum or outlet. Remote is not in the business of being sheisty...none of the riders who are driving a brand have this intention. And for whatever wakeboard company you're talking about, I would bet the warranty was handled (even though board delaming is not an ideal situation by any stretch).

It's wakeskating...we don't need to feel that kind of animosity about this.

wakeshredder
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will search for the quote regarding the manufacturer, I certainly never intend to misinform. Also, it's hardly animosity, just frustration... something I would think can and should be discussed in a forum... like this one... wakeskating.com. For that matter, what other forum would you suggest? Certainly not a wakeboarding forum? I know Remote and the guys there are solid. I'm actually working with someone there on one of their side-projects. I will let on more, given their blessing.

P.S. You and I both know, that the second a board from that HUGE company I was talking about, hits any kind of rail; Warranty is null and void Idea And yes, I imagine even Remote holds that stance, but at least all the Remotes I've seen are bulletproof by design, not cheap to maximize profits like some companies do it.

electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think it kind of sucks when people complain about companies on here and then the forums get a bad rap because of it. I know I've said my share of things on here and that's not to say that my opinion about certain issues in the industry have changed. But I've learned two key things: there's generally a time and a place for everything, but sometimes it's better to keep the critiques to yourself because people do get hurt. No matter how much you disagree with something (like large wakeboard companies and wakeskate warranties) there are wakeskaters on the other side of the divide working really hard to do something right because they care about wakeskating.

I've never of remote switching from moonshine mfg.

IrieWay
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked with Silas today, he was super cool about everything. I've dealt with several companies before and this is definitely the best customer service i've received. I appreciate everyone's feedback hopefully you guys will see a new deck photo in this thread soon..
IrieWay
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, still Moonshine from what Silas was saying today.
GOLD!en
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Edwards

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakeshredder, certain people who happen to work for those certain wakeboard companies are working their asses off and have no intention of producing cheap, breakable products. We have to remember that there are a few people above them who generally have final say in not only what is produced in a line for such a large manufacturer like these but where the goods are produced as well, and those with final say can sometimes have a kookiness about them that is not quite in tune with the wakeskating mindset at our point in history.

Warranties aside, companies like Remote and WM are able to have customer service that larger ones cannot and it shows. Once again, boards break. Blems happen. The guys are taking care of that shizzle.

IrieWay
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silas is going to meet me at the obscura championship with a Lecomte 40".. couldn't be more happy with the service these guys deliver. CHEERS Remote Wakeskates
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: