FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Board Strength

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: May 09, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Board Strength Reply with quote

So i'm around 6'3" and around 215 lbs. This year i want to get a new board, and am deciding between a Remote and an Integrity if i can only afford one. My question is will i snap an integrity going w2w if the biggest they make this year is the Fortenberry 39"? im honestly not worried about the size of how it rides. Just its durability. Im used to riding a 39" and 40". If i get a Remote it will be the 40". Any insight as to how these will hold up with my weight going w2w or on drops?
senorbueno
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 09, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol.... I bet Integrity/Mutiny comes out with a 40 or 41 this year.... and there's no way you'll ever break one of their boards w2w. Remote's appear to be very solid and durable boards, but nothing has proven to be more durable than Integrity in the market.
Slapdown
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Austin

PostPosted: May 09, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you be doing w2w tricks onto rails?
awatts
The Liquid Playground

City: San Mateo

PostPosted: May 09, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will be way safe either way bud. Both these companies are pretty much bullet proof and will last many years. At your size and being a wake to wake guy I'd rock the 40.5 Remote or wait for Integrity/Mutiny to drop a 40. What were you riding before so we can get a feel for your likes and dislikes in a board? The weight of the Remotes feels really good on wake to wake's, snappy as heck, and the rocker is really quick. The only thing I had to do was sand my rail down (I'm used to my cassette's Wink) since I like something a bit more forgiving for lip tricks. Hope that helps out.
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 09, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Will you be doing w2w tricks onto rails?

you realize that 2ft too far or 2 ft too short is flats or knuckle right? i snapped a cassette clean in half landing basically perfect.
im actually not much of a w2w guy. just having snapped a skate in two doin it, thats what worries me. i ride mostly drops and rails, so i had a hyperlite urso that i also broke, liked its feel, not the brand or quality. i just want something to last. and again i was asking for durability. not size, im not too worried about a 39". my rail board is a 39" and seems fine. which is a homemade board. just debating for my 2012 purchase.
awatts thanks for the input on the remotes feel.
henrification
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: 941

PostPosted: May 09, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you aren't gonna break an integ, and probably won't break a remote. I'd try an integ and see if you could get used too it, not sure what you're used too
JCB_Mutiny
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Fort Worth

PostPosted: May 09, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never even heard stories of an integrity ever breaking. And of course their gonna make a 40 this year just not with K.Powers graphics.
sigtex
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: royse city

PostPosted: May 10, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Signature Reply with quote

Signature 41 vertically laminated all wood core will never break ,cheaper than both
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 13, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigtex, signature should come to Utah and do a demo day during one of the wakeboard comps here. i think the boards look very legit, very solid. im sure tho there are lots of people wondering about the different shape.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: