FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Welcome nick!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samcollett, why is it worse?

The one thing I will say Is I could understand the personal heartbreak from having a friend leave a team for whatever reason...someone who represented that image for years. But I feel like nick gave a lot to integrity also...from my understanding, not being paid but proudly rocking that board for years, even in the thinnest times. I for one never ever saw this one coming, but I can't help but wish nick the best of luck. And I'm even more excited to see what remote is up to, and simply look forward to their media presence...it gets me excited in a cassette kind of way just because of how stacked this team is.

Last edited by electricsnow on Apr 10, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think lems or anyone at integ is wrong to feel the way they do. Or nick is in the wrong for doing what he did. Its just they way things are going to change. Look at any other pro sport.

A modified quote from ferris bueller.

" I don't care if he rides wood or composite, for remote or Integ. It still doesn't change the fact that I can't kickflip, and that i still love wakeskating"

spowell
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: munchester

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTUFAN24 wrote:
He waleskates. He rides a diff board. What's the big deal? Just get on a new bandwagon

good point and i love how you said 'waleskates' haha
Lollar
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long live Integrity!

Long live Remote!

Praise Jah for Wakeskating! (And thank Thomas,Erich, and Scott)

samcollett
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Baton Rouge, LA

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow wrote:
samcollett, why is it worse?

The one thing I will say Is I could understand the personal heartbreak from having a friend leave a team for whatever reason...someone who represented that image for years. But I feel like nick gave a lot to integrity also...from my understanding, not being paid but proudly rocking that board for years, even in the thinnest times. I for one never ever saw this one coming, but I can't help but wish nick the best of luck. And I'm even more excited to see what remote is up to, and simply look forward to their media presence...it gets me excited in a cassette kind of way just because of how stacked this team is.

Out of respect for Nick's decision and respect for my friends (family, really) at Integrity/Mutiny, I'm not gonna get into this on a public forum. A lot of guys here think they have a lot more knowledge about the situation than they do. I'm not going to come across as one of those guys.

That being said, I'm pretty opinionated about things, this being no exception. So if you want to PM me and talk more about it feel free. My only point was that waiting until after the video was really disrespectful to a lot of people who have put a lot of hard working into making the integrity video a reality.

POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lollar wrote:
Long live Integrity!

Long live Remote!

Praise Jah for Wakeskating! (And thank Thomas,Erich, and Scott)

Lollar
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samcollett, Respect
Jake S
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bachlonso, are you saying Nike is bad for the sport of wakeskating?
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait wait wait, are you saying JP Walker left Forum?!? Crazy Eyes
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now in seriousness, there has been much said that i agree with. like how watermonsters being created didnt recieve such harshness. and think of the other integrity riders that will now have the opportunity to help out their brand. only TNT's were made in 2011, now maybe the 2012 line will feature someone else, and allow them to grow in their profession with more spotlight on them. what a great opportunity. and nick meanwhile will be helping out remote so much, and they're already helping the sport so much. i still love to watch the retention video. i know Nike technically did that. but really. we all know it was remote that really facilitated it while Nike helped fund it cuz they have bookoos of dollars to share with the wakeskate industry.this will be an amazingly great change in so many ways. Smash
Evan71
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Santa Barbara

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man the stock market is gunna crash after this move.

congrats nick, and well done integ/mutiny on ride among us, shizzle was tight. stoked to see a new era in this small sport.

Doc4tw0
Ollie
Ollie

City: Fort Worth

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortenberry pro model!?
88skisupreme
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: ATX

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but who's he paddleboarding for?, that's the real controversy.
masi
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Deerfield Beach

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

88skisupreme wrote:
but who's he paddleboarding for?, that's the real controversy.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

awatts
The Liquid Playground

City: San Mateo

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually try to stay under the radar but what the heck-

First off I am ECSTATIC for Nick and the guys at Remote. To me this is honestly one of the best match ups in our sport. You have a guy like Nick who has the most heart, passion, soul, drive, appreciation, and perspective of our sport that I have personally ever scene. Then you have Remote that is doing everything "right" imo to promote and grow wakeskating. Silas and his crew are throwing everything they have into helping our sport go in the right direction. Creating a solid deck that is ready to ship, creation of the tour, media support and coverage, trip across the US later this summer, and solid retail knowledge and customer service. As an owner it is exciting to see a company pour their heart and soul into something like I do with the LP.

Schmaltz hands down makes the most durable and bomb proof decks available and his team even without Nick is still arguably the most talented and diverse in the industry. I always appreciated how they had the "clean" cut guys on Integrity, and the "bad" ass tattoo boys on the Mutiny team. Seeing "Ride Among Us" last week was mind blowing and meeting guys like Josh and Ryan and seeing them on the water is simply amazing. This move will open up some opportunity's for guys like Fortenberry and everyone else to grab some exposure and grow. I worked for 3 months trying to track down shots of guys like Andrew, Collin, Josh and Blake for the gallery exhibit and they are some of the dopest riders out there. Sad that these guys never get much footage. Hopefully this will be huge for these guys and they can shine in the spotlight some more.

Sorry to ramble. I truly feel that this is something amazing for us all and nothing but progression will come for all parties-Nick, Remote, Integ/Mutiny family and the sport.

Love you Nick, good luck my man!!!!!!!!!!!!

texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: HOUSTONNN

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awatts wrote:
I usually try to stay under the radar but what the heck-

First off I am ECSTATIC for Nick and the guys at Remote. To me this is honestly one of the best match ups in our sport. You have a guy like Nick who has the most heart, passion, soul, drive, appreciation, and perspective of our sport that I have personally ever scene. Then you have Remote that is doing everything "right" imo to promote and grow wakeskating. Silas and his crew are throwing everything they have into helping our sport go in the right direction. Creating a solid deck that is ready to ship, creation of the tour, media support and coverage, trip across the US later this summer, and solid retail knowledge and customer service. As an owner it is exciting to see a company poor there heart and soul into something like I do with the LP.

Schmaltz hands down makes the most durable and bomb proof decks available and his team even without Nick is still arguably the most talented and diverse in the industry. I always appreciated how they had the "clean" cut guys on Integrity, and the "bad" ass tattoo boys on the Mutiny team. Seeing "Ride Among Us" last week was mind blowing and meeting guys like Josh and Ryan and seeing them on the water is simply amazing. This move will open up some opportunity's for guys like Fortenberry and everyone else to grab some exposure and grow. I worked for 3 months trying to track down shots of guys like Andrew, Collin, Josh and Blake for the gallery exhibit and they are some of the dopest riders out there. Sad that these guys never get much footage. Hopefully this will be huge for these guys and they can shine in the spotlight some more.

Sorry to ramble. I truly feel that this is something amazing for us all and nothing but progression will come for all parties-Nick, Remote, Integ/Mutiny family and the sport.

Love you Nick, good luck my man!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love this. sin perfecto

spowell
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: munchester

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smash Smash i'm so drunk right now...great work guys it's not turned into a bitchfest!
zip
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Sydney

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spowell wrote:
Smash Smash i'm so drunk right now...great work guys it's not turned into a bitchfest!

yet......haha

gratz nick i think change is always good

shredding the woody

knox
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Gainesville

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaleFish wrote:
I was shocked to see this, like Kyle Kearns said I couldn't imagine Nick riding anything else but Integrity,

I believe you mistook me for this gentleman, haha.
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its so funny how EVERYONE is letting this simple team change affect them. We all know the change is affecting him in one way or another. Ever think some1 had a contract.... thats besides the point..... But guess what everyone, its Nicks life, not yours. Buy whatever boards you like. Everyone has loved Integs since I joined this site in 04.... things wont change.... They make solid decks. Guess what else.... Everyone has loved remotes since they appeared a few years ago.... both great boards. Wakeskating is getting bigger and bigger, you cant think of a person leaving a team as a mutiny or "cowardly". NFL players move teams, NBA players move teams.... ect... why is it any different in this sport. Everyone has their reasons for their changes, whether it be financial, friendships, product change, fun, ect. Can we have some respect for other peoples decisions instead of all this drama? Congrats Nick on your newest adventure. Dont let all the negativity kill your stoke bru. Cant wait to see more hammers dropped on the wood! Ive said it from the time you danced on the lox river... you look better on that wood! (k39) <3333333333333
Good Luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Add To Favorites

Jump to: