FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

In your opinion...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Winching sponsored by Pulldozer.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  

IYO: Which winch company provides the highest VALUE for your dollar?
Grinch Winch
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Phoenix Winch
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Boodog Winches
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Ridiculous Winches
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Yankmeister Winches
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Pulldozer Winches
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Wrage Winches
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

supermanotorious
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: In your opinion... Reply with quote

...as defined by the Merriam Webster dictionary (www.m-w.com)

val·ue noun \val-yü\

Definition of VALUE
1: a fair return or equivalent in goods, services, or money for something exchanged
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Toronto

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what to say really, i feel like you are searching for ppl to vote for you. should be peace and love in the winch game, everyone should be happy to have winches and stuff. in the end, a person from florida will end up buying closer to them, and people will end up building them themselves too, it's not a huge industry where competition is really huge...

not tryign to start a fight either.
this is from my knowledge atleast, if im wrong my bad.
supermanotorious
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think of it like the Progressive Insurance ads, this is to help consumers, even if they don't go with Phoenix Winch
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in my opinion the best value is building one yourself. You get to know your baby, love it, feel it. There isnt much better value out there than in your own sweat equity.

As far as the options on the poll I think our winch is in its own catagory. the future is green guys. Electronics will replace combustion engines. We are just way before our time. And over the average wakeskaters price range. But we believe in what we created, and we are going to continue to support the riders. We sent our only winch. Only. To the bayou boys. When no other winch company stepped up. No matter how many they sold or how reasonable they are priced. Noone took money out of their own pocket and shipped their only winch to the group of kids who shred the hardest and needed it the most.
I think it matters more what you do. than what you make or how much it cost.

BooDog for life.
Pt

DaeDae
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Bishopville

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smash Smash preach brotha
TTUFAN24
Something Clever

City: HOUSTON

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POPTART, is there a "BOO-YAH" emoticon?
wakeskate259
Ollie
Ollie

City: Winter Haven

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta give a boo to the noise off that electric winch...Some people are gonna say this sounds Ridiculous® but I want my winch to sound like a harley idlin while im sittin on it pullin a homie. Plus fossil fuels at full throttle on a winch sound like a lawnmower for nonchalant pull power. Suck it ya hybrid drivin vegans..
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: mob town

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without having used it I'm going to say the boo dog. Having torque available immediately is awesome, the low sound is good, and obviously the emissions are much better. I can see a lot of boo dog buyers who don't understand batteries and their Maintence requirements getting upset. Discharging non deep cycle batteries just destroys them. Having a proper charger for the type of battery(agm, gel, flooded) is just as important as is charging them. There are a lot of different types and sizes of batteries out there. Amp hours are really important for this application. Most batteries are made by 3 manufacturers and labeled differently depending on the store selling them.
scott a
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beginning to think that supermanotorious only posts here to sell his winches. But I'm too lazy to check his previous posts so someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And way to step up and support those guys, Poptart. Thumbs up to you.

Also, thumbs up for Pulldozer. The guy that makes them is a real awesome dude, and long time wakeskater.

And I don't see Rewind on your list. My friend has had two of their winches for almost 10 years now and he's had zero issues with them. I don't know much about how the winches in FL performed, but I do know that they were serviced by the Rewind owner before all of the big events, and in an airplane hanger no less! I'd say that's pretty neat.

Bamalurker
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Guntersville

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Released winch is the way to go...assuming you can find one.

Drop in and tune out
tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Released winch is still truckin'.. haha.. lightest winch ever. But I still voted for Ridiculous because those guys are rad and hook Ben and our crew up with a reliable winch and let Ben pretty much design his however he wanted.

POPTART.. I know there's probably an old thread around here about your winches but what do you have to lug around for those electric badboys? How many batteries and how long can you ride on a set? Can you feel a difference in the pull as the batteries die out?

You definitely have to factor in convenience. Sure, quite is nice, but we winch a lot.. and sometimes you've gotta hike to spots, thru woods and narrow cuts.. and almost always, everyone's hands are already full with skates or camera gear. Sometimes even needing two people to carry the winch over water. And then you get those days where you hit multiple spots and end up winching/filming like 12 hrs. I feel like it would suck carrying around a bunch of batteries and then not even having enough to winch all day.. but that's just my opinion based on personal experience. Could come of use in a lot of other situations though.
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tad, its no heavier than any other winch. Yes you have a battery pack to lug but only BC they don't make what we need yet in an affordable range yet. Like Mojo said you have to know how to maintain them. But you should be able to get a full day of riding on a charge. But one you use it the difference is obvious. And at some pointwhen run out of gas then everyone will be rocking a BooDog
tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POPTART, hell ya.. that'd be nice to get a full day of consistent pulls. hopefully you guys can find an affordable power set up in the future. And then sponsor the sub with a black boodog.. haha.
Bamalurker
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Mar 17, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has John Scott been up too? I think that his name. The guy who built the pimp/released winches. Why did he quit making them? They were by far the lightest winch out there. We have one spot where the winch goes in a canoe or sup and you go down sum light rapids to a dam. The released winch is barely noticeable and the heavier rediculous winchs had some trouble. Bens ended up fallin in the creek but we got it out and he had it runnin as soon as we got back to the turtle farm. I wonder how the boodog would do after taking a bath. I WOULD like to feel the pull of a boodog though. It would be cool to have a socket on it where you could just plug it into 110v with an extension cord.

Drop in and tune out
poopiepantz
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: of Roses

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of an electric winch. Never got to try one out. In fact, I think Yankmeister is the only one up there that I have used. But I have used and abused it, for years now, and it keeps getting it done. I have used other winches, and the Yankmeister is the only one with the 'nads to pull my 200+ pounds properly. It's a high quality machine...
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bama If you can get to Knoxville Ill pull ya
Bamalurker
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo poptart, is wildwings planning on doing any railjams this year?

Drop in and tune out
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bamalurker, Glad you asked.

Here is a real life situation.

Wildwings is located in a small portion of town within Knox County called Farragut. Farragut is a very power crazed yuppie part of town. No pitbikes, no dirtbikes, no gocarts, all new construction of new buildings have to be in red brick, No neon commercial signs, No flashing lights, No auto sales/car lots. Basically they are natzis and they want their little town to be as boring and redundant as possible. So after a few years of wildwings having contest and a rail jam every thursday night, with large crowds, noise, Big ugly rails, and TEENAGERS HAVING FUN IN THE SUNSHINE, they came over to the owner and showed him a ruling that states that No Gas Motorized Devices other than Cars and Street Legal Motorcycles are to be used in Farragut and they must shut down. So for 1.5yrs the mastercraft rail park has been a bone yard. After I moved home in Feb and got a second to go talk with my friends at ABC(the local MC dealer that has been keeping this going). Trying to figure out what we can do to make something happen this year, bc imho there needs to be more grass roots comps for skaters (for us by us), and if I can help it there will be one there this year, bc I have been pouring over their Parks dept rules and I am pretty sure we will be able to install and operate a permanent electric winch system and stay within their stupid rules. They would have already installed a 2.0 there but the pond isnt big enough and neither is their budget. So if all goes well the first public winch park (like a cable park but better) might be on its way to reality. Ill keep yall posted and yall keep your fingers crossed.

Even if this doesn't work out im going to try and make something happen for 2012 on my own.

mank the tank
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Baton Rouge

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tad, When the boodog arrived at our doorstep it was about 2 years old (batteries included). The batteries were mounted to an average warehouse dollie, and the winch itself was on wheels but could also be lifted by a single person.

It would run for about 7-8 hours with 3-4 riders at the pool gap. It would give us an instant pull off the dock, almost too much for some. The throttle is very sensitive so it makes it easy to adjust speeds in mid pull (dirtbike throttle design).

Our pool gap has a 30ft start pool, so this winch is one of the only winches that has been able to successfully pull people for the obstacles or a meaty flip trick down the middle. We have had multiple others try to get people up to plane in time but still speed is an issue.

When the batteries die, they go out slowly... so we would let faster riders go first, and the slower riders to go last. Truly one of the best pulls I have been on and I speak for the entire Mutiny team.
tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mank the tank, hell ya. like I said.. no one in our crew has used one and it'd be rad to have one eventually, especially if they run as smooth as you guys say they do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Winching sponsored by Pulldozer.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: