FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Board Talk.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Board Talk. Reply with quote

So I just bought my first real deck. Its a Girl Rick Howard 8.0. I have been riding 40 dollar shop decks for the past 3 years and I thought I would try a new skate.

I opted for the girl over a planB due to the concave. I feel like the flatter decks are more me, but I suck so idk. Anyways After two days of skating it , I feel like I lost the two flick tricks I could do. Kickys and varials. But I learned shuv reverts, and I feel like my 180s are more solid.

This thing is a bit longer than my old soundclash, which was also a 8.0 (my first 8.0 )

I just don't know if I like this thing yet. I know bigger boards are harder to flick, but I like having more to land. Maybe I just need to figure out different foot positions?

Can someone school me on different concaves and brands and how they ride?

texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: HOUSTONNN

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I have been needing this topic myself. I only have 1 skate and it's like 6 years old lol. Anytime I go skate I always kindof think I need a new one but I dunno what to get. I like the decks with more pop I think and are not as wide.

I suck much more than you Poptart so don't be so down on yerself haha

Zero.
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Kissimmee

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly it varies soo much. you really just have to try different boards as you go. They don't necessarily "ride" different like boards in wakeskating....they just feel a little different cause slightly different concaves, tail/nose shapes, whatever. Shapes shouldn't affect your riding like size does. Pretty much everyone i skate with rides 8 cause of what you mentioned, it feels more comfortable to land stable. At first it's gonna feel like it takes alot more flick, but you get used to it.

as for different foot positions cause of a size change, i don't think would help....you're just not used to the size. Just keep riding it and if you really hate it in the end, try a 7.875 . its what i ride, perfect size Smile not too mush, not too lil

and texasT, try a zero deck (lol), narrow shape with pop pop! I've found that foundation are kinda the same too.

electricsnow wrote:
It's not companies trying to live the dream, so much as it's the people behind them who are trying to help good riders actually make a living off of wakeskating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: