FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Just got back from my Florida cable park tour.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
echo724
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Gump

PostPosted: Aug 14, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Just got back from my Florida cable park tour. Reply with quote

I decided that since I had a couple of weeks between classes that I was going to take the Rv through Florida and see what these cable parks have to offer. I hit OWC Wednesday, this was the first cable I have been to. The place was great. My friend brought her son with us, neither of them had been on a skate or wakeboard before. They were able to get up and ride on the beginner cable while I played on system 2.0 and the cable with all of the obstacles. Sophie helped us out by giving us a couple of hours free the next day because the system went down and the beginner cable broke. Needless to say, I was intimidated by the size of some of the obstacles. It took an hour or so, before I tried to hit the boxes. Great first experience. I didn't do any extravagant tricks or anything, but I was able to land a couple things. I met some cool people and I got to try out a integrity board. Thanks Andre and Britney!!

Next, we headed toward Miami and stopped at Ski Rixen. The weather was shiznackle but we were able to ride a couple of hours. The turns at Rixen took a little getting used to. Unfortunately, I didn't have the cash to spare for a new helmet and couldn't hit any rails or kickers there. My friends son couldn't make the turns on the knee board, so he had to crash and burn in the first turn for an hour before I told him to just to grab the wakeboard and tell the cable operator he made around. The place got packed out early because the weather had sucked for like four days or something.

After chillin in Miami for a while we headed West toward Ft. Myers. I got there around five and was able to ride continuously for the first hour. Later a group of skaters showed up and I watched watch them shred the kickers and boxes. Nick, the owner of Revolution, answered alot of my questions about the cables and things. Another reason I went to check the cables out was because I am trying to get a system 2.0 setup in Montgomery. I didn't get to go to Mccormicks due to cash and time. But, I would like to check it out in the future. All in all I had sweet cable experience, met good people and landed some new stuff. Now back to the real world, work and school until December. You Florida peeps have got it made, so many places to ride!!! Smash Smash Crazy Eyes Crazy Eyes
acesfull420
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: slicker

PostPosted: Aug 14, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCCORMICKS IS THE BEST CABLE, TOO BAD YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT THERE.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Cable Riding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: