FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Winchin spots in Socal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Winching sponsored by Pulldozer.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flaherty_thomas
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Winchin spots in Socal Reply with quote

I was wondering if anybody knew of some good winching spots in the 818, 310, 213, or the 805 areas?
asterisk1
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: winching spots socal Reply with quote

there are more than a few. Its just the authorities that may be the problem. the beaches are plentiful from hermosa beach down to palos verdes. it would prob be best to go in the early morning and stick far away from crowds.

such a spot may be RAT beach (right after torrance). it may be a long drag though. the jetty in redondo beach may offer something.

you may have more luck in the 562/714 area codes. long beach and orange county are full of winch spots, but again, dealing with the authorities may be a problem, though i have heard of people winching around here with minimal harrassment.

long beach marine stadium is a good spot, so are many parts of alamitos bay, but these areas have lots of boat traffic and many homes nearby. marine stadium is probably a good bet since its the only place to waterski aside from LA harbor.

the jetties at long beach harbor/seal beach are also something i have looked at, though they are on the sketchier side.

OC spots like seal beach and huntington state beach are also good if you can get somewhere far away from people. ive chatted with some lifeguards from the area, the whole being close to people thing seems like it would be the only major problem (though motorized vehicles are illegal on all beaches down here, i dont think a winch would qualify as a "vehicle" seeing as it doesn't move)

newport beach/balboa bay also have winch spots that i have seen. certain spots in upper newport bay may prove valuable as well.

youve got a 2nd for winching if you need one, plus i can help you find more spots in west LA/south LA. seriously ive been itching to ride hahahaha.
flaherty_thomas
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks asterisk1. Im actually in the San Fernando Valley so west and south LA would be better. Where you at? Im down to roll with ya.

Last edited by flaherty_thomas on Apr 26, 2011 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Evan71
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Santa Barbara

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flaherty_thomas, 805!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im from santa barbara, theres spots but kinda only when it rains

flaherty_thomas
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Im down to roll to santa barbara. Is there any spots to hit when its not raining?
boardertj
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in newport but grew up in simi valley.

I would love to do some winching around orange county. If anyone needs a second hit me up.

Ive been waiting on electric winch development to progress before I go about purchasing my own. riding in newport harbor beside million dollar homes/yahts would be awesome with an electric winch
robsmaze
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Yorkville & Chicago

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boardertj, if u can wait about two months boodog winches is going to have their electric winches for sale! Almost silent and a super steady pull. You only get about 30-40 pulls on a freshly charged battery pack, but for us that has been plenty!

I have a buddy that winches mission bay in san Diego all the time, but sd life guards are a real hassle. We also used to winch this little saltwater lagoon in Cardiff all the time, there's probably still anchors we drilled in a big piece of concrete for holding the winch down!

Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya i saw the boodog thread. That's exactly what I am waiting for. 30 to 40 pulls seems like a good amount for a single session. 2 months you say? any pricing estimates?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Winching sponsored by Pulldozer.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: