FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

New vs. Integrity
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geissap
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: New vs. Integrity Reply with quote

I was just reading the post where one of you recommended new. New was down for months but it appears they're up and running now. I was set on a integ/mutiny but are they really worth the extra 300 bucks? They're literally triple the price of the News...what you guys think? One of em is going on my bday list...
-LoGiK-
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geissap, It offends me that NEW is a board manufacture selling to the public...
geissap
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-LoGiK- wrote:
geissap, It offends me that NEW is a board manufacture selling to the public...

Oh I get it! That's hilarious... Shocked
mank the tank
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Baton Rouge

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integ/Mutiny > New in so many ways.

The 2011 shapes will be even more dialed in than before along with the great long lasting materials as always.

Erich has put so many hours in designing/building these decks and it shows with every board he puts out.

Also, I if I understand correctly from the team... Mutiny's will run a lot cheaper than Integrity's to help out with the rider on a budget. New graphics and pre-orders will be ready in about a week according to the announcement from Erich on Integ's Facebook.
geissap
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mank - good to know thanks for the opinion...I guess it probably is best to wait out the prices. I was just assuming they'd be the same as last year or more.
soy escuala
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geissap, The reason Integ's are so expensive is because the amount of work and materials put into them. The owner builds these boards because it is his passion making, designing and creating boards, and he's always been ahead of the game.

Integrity's are build to last, plain and simple.

I know a lot of people like wood boards, but the truth is, wood and water just don't mix. You can say "well skateboards are made out of wood bla bla" but do you ever just leave your skateboard in the rain and not worry? What happens when your skateboard sits out in the rain? It gets soggy, it looses pop and it warps.

Even if you could ride a fresh, strait out the wrapper wood board every set you took, you're still left with a board that's basically a big chunk of wood.

Integrity has a core called the "centrafuse", It rides and feels amazing, it's basically a weighting system that distributes weight in all the right places, making the board light in some areas and heavy in other areas that make flipping and spinning the board almost effortless. It makes everything super easy. The team has done lots of R&D on this and they all LOVE it.

2011 Mutiny on the other hand is going to be a cheaper alternative to the Integrity's.. but much more like a wood board, being that it's going to have a solid wood core, and wrapped up in the shape (or similar) to the classic Integs. This will also knock off a lot of the price as well, Along with never allowing the board to waterlog, get soggy, warp or lose its pop.

basically... If you want a wood board that lasts... go with a Mutiny.

If you want a highly complex awesome, top of the line board, get an Integrity.

In my honest opinion, I'd go with an Integ over anything. Honestly, the price still isn't that bad for how amazing it feels and how long it will last you. But if price is THAT big of a deal, Mutiny all the way.

thatwasrad
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: San Jose

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you ever hear the saying, "You get what you pay for?"
thats pretty much what their slogan should be.
and you pay for a quality board that will last and hold value over time.

soy escuala,

tasha is picking up one of each for me this year.
you better get out here this summer to ride with us.

-LoGiK-
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soy escuala wrote:
geissap,

Even if you could ride a fresh, strait out the wrapper wood board every set you took, you're still left with a board that's basically a big chunk of wood.

Integrity has a core called the "centrafuse", It rides and feels amazing, it's basically a weighting system that distributes weight in all the right places, making the board light in some areas and heavy in other areas that make flipping and spinning the board almost effortless. It makes everything super easy.

seriously??

Last edited by -LoGiK- on Feb 09, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
sprocket america
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: tallahassee

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im with logik on this one....???
-LoGiK-
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geissap, what I mean is they sell to the public at a wholesale price , so when a shop buys their boards to sell in their store they have to mark them up more than what NEW sells them on their website for....are you going to buy a board from a shop when you can get it $100 cheaper on NEW's website.....?
soy escuala
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Seriously.

Spinning and flipping an Integ with the centrafuse core takes much less effort than a wood board.

Yes. you'd be left with a solid chuck of wood, no center weight, no technology.... That's cool, That's how the Mutinys are going to be, That's why they're cheaper. If you like wood boards... Go Mutiny.

But Integ's are much more advanced than that. //Thread.

Cool

geissap
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-LoGiK- wrote:
geissap, what I mean is they sell to the public at a wholesale price , so when a shop buys their boards to sell in their store they have to mark them up more than what NEW sells them on their website for....are you going to buy a board from a shop when you can get it $100 cheaper on NEW's website.....?

I thought you were mocking me but that aside I still have no idea what your trying to say here.

The website newwakesktesstore.com sells the boards directly for around 150-170 each while integs are around 400-450. They are triple the price. My original question was basically is it worth it? You said your offended by the way New sells...not sure what's offensive about that unless you were just mocking me to be an ass which is what I thought?
JamesBoardr
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: clermont

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved Integrity for years but switched to new a couple years back and truly fell in love with them. Still appreciate both and a lot might have to do with integrity not making different size boards (so step it up in the department and I may switch back Wink Wink ) to accommodate my size 13's...but I'd still say its all personal preference. Both provide a unique feel and the minute you, that's right even you mr school, start making opinion seem like some all encompassing truth is the moment we will have rules behind skateboarding and wakeskating saying how to do each trick. I love integrity but there's more than one reason why I don't skate their decks anymore.
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geissap, logik isn't trying to mock you. he has shop boards that were produced by new, so he's directly effected by that price difference. Basically, if they're going to be a wood shop, be a wood shop. if you're going to be a manufacturer, be that. but producing boards and selling them under your own name is basically a conflict of interest, and it hurts people like logik who are supporting them by having their boards made there.

nice post JamesBoardr (and it's good to hear from you). integrity's are technologically advanced, but you don't NEED a centrafused core. you don't NEED re-shapable rails. I'd rather not even deal with that. And many riders have proven that you can do pretty much anything on any wakeskate. it's like JB said--it's pretty much up to preference and what you're most comfortable on. that's the biggest confidence booster ever. However, it's very cool to see how the boards have evolved and I always look forward to what's to come in each year's new line. And absolutely, above anything for me the rockerline on those boards are dialed.

yookyle
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Reno

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your integ will last you 3 times longer than a new. probably more thats why the price is 3x more. like soy escuala integrity and mutiny put soo much thought into all aspects of a board not just shape,graphic,press, repeat. they are pushing board tech every year its awesome to watch
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only ridden a new a few times and they were alexxx's "wooden integs" but ill say this. They were fun to ride and I did like them minus being small in the nose/tail for my shoe. Felt solid while i was riding it and it looked like it was made with some love.

Currently im riding a 38 excelsior and I have no idea how I fell in love with this board. I started off riding a scape 112 (back in 03/04ish) and have slowly just went smaller and smaller in my board length preference. Im a rather big guy at 6'2 180lbs and a size 13. but somehow i feel at home on one of the smallest skates out there.

Integrity is doing something right

thatwasrad
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven M wrote:
I've only ridden a new a few times and they were alexxx's "wooden integs" but ill say this. They were fun to ride and I did like them minus being small in the nose/tail for my shoe. Felt solid while i was riding it and it looked like it was made with some love.

Currently im riding a 38 excelsior and I have no idea how I fell in love with this board. I started off riding a scape 112 (back in 03/04ish) and have slowly just went smaller and smaller in my board length preference. Im a rather big guy at 6'2 180lbs and a size 13. but somehow i feel at home on one of the smallest skates out there.

Integrity is doing something right

i miss my excelsior, i hope youre taking good care of her.
her bigger sister is treating me well though.

Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thatwasrad, if I'm lucky I'll finally get to take her out on the water this weekend. She is all packed in her Cassette travel bag though.
thatwasrad
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven M, nice man, good luck, and take it easy on that knee.
cant wait till my girlfriend picks me up a new integ this year.

geissap
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow wrote:
geissap, logik isn't trying to mock you. he has shop boards that were produced by new, so he's directly effected by that price difference. Basically, if they're going to be a wood shop, be a wood shop. if you're going to be a manufacturer, be that. but producing boards and selling them under your own name is basically a conflict of interest, and it hurts people like logik who are supporting them by having their boards made there.

Gotcha! Now that makes sense...I guess Logik was assuming I knew his background and I simply didn't. That sucks for sellers, but it's a pretty good deal for buyers. New has the cheapest wakeskates out there. At this point I'm just gonna wait to see what integrity puts out since it's two weeks away and if there's something I just simply can't resist I'm gonna slap it on the list. If nothing appeals than I'll rock a new. Great assessment overall from everyone I appreciate all the details...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Add To Favorites

Jump to: