FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

phpBB Forum help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Media and Technology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt_French

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: phpBB Forum help Reply with quote

Dave, (or anyone else who is an admin for this site) i have a question about a couple of the phpBB settings. First off....to allow people to upload pictures, do you have to pay for that?

Second...the rank image...how the hell do i set that up? I have the .gif images that i downloaded, but how do i save them under

images\ranks\ or whatever the root dir is?

If you could help it would be great. Im trying to set up a wakeboard and wakeskating forum for University of Guelph students. It is being organized in association with the schools snowboard club. So i thought...seeing as how we are in school during the winter...i should try to get ppl together to talk about wake'n to keep the hype up, and push the sport.

Thanks,
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt_French,
Image uploading is a mod that you have to add. It was a pain in the rear when I added it, but these days you can download pre-modded versions of phpbb. Check out this site:

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/

For the rankings, you have to set that up in the User Admin area of the phpbb admin. Configure each rank and fill in the path to the image relative to your web root.

So if you installed phpbb in /htdocs/phpbb and the images are located in /htdocs/phpbb/images/ranks, then you would use the path:

/phpbb/images/ranks/rank.gif

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Media and Technology All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: