FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Coming off the side of rails, help...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
x2xwakegurlx2x
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject: Coming off the side of rails, help... Reply with quote

I have been sliding rails for a while on a wakeboard, can do them, and have started wakeskating ALOT at the cable. I can slide for the most part, but find landing alot harder when coming off the sides. I dont have a big problem when sliding the whole thing though, which isnt even consistant yet. But here is my question, on our smaller rail, like knee height, not big at all, most of the time I slide most of it, I just cant get the hang of coming off the sides, any help? On the little one, occasionaly, with luck I land and ride away, but dont know how I even did it. Next thing, on our bigger rail, I started hitting that one about 2 months ago. Can usually slide most, and cant land off the side, havnt ridden away atleast, have landed on my board. When I do the whole thing, have no problem, but again, not consistent, any help on coming off the side of rails (on a cable) will help, thanx.

Sorry that was so long, just wanted you to know the specifics to get help easier.

-Jillian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Yuri
Raley

City: orlando

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really dont know what to tell you exept fot keep your knees bent and stay straight sorry if it doesnt helo thats what i do at cable parks!
Hi
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Jupiter

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you hitting the water and falling back or are you sticking and flying forward
x2xwakegurlx2x
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, both! Sometimes I will totally miss the board, but for the most part, my feet are on it, just in variations everytime, not consistent at all. I have heard put more weight on my back foot, but it never seemed to help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Yuri
Raley

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2xwakegurlx2x, that sucks how big is the rail and do you have a pic for us to help you better next time you go get a pic it would be much easier to help you but if its at OWC i can help you right away because i know all those rails i go there all the time!
x2xwakegurlx2x
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I have a pic in another media gallary somewhere, I will try and find it later...nah its at the cable in South Florida, Ski Rixen, if you have ever been there, its what we call the "bigger" rail. Nothing to monstorous, but its bigger then the little one we have, and for some reason gett luckier on that one. Well thanx...Ill have a pic soon, I think.
x2xwakegurlx2x
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a picture of the rail I am having trouble on, its the "bigger one at the cable".

If that really makes a difference in the help, does it?
Just remember, I need the help when coming off of the side, not really the end, just side.

boardslideonbiggerslider.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  42.09 KB
 Viewed:  11919 Time(s)

Yuri
Raley

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2xwakegurlx2x, can i ask why you want help on getting of the SIDE? because when your on the rail you might as well go off the end is it that hard? i could tell you if its hard but i have never been to Ski Rixen i ride at OWC!
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usualy the problem with comming off the side is that your board does not stay under you and/or flips over or something like that. another problem with comming off the side is that the skate will hit the skirts and come out of possition. i dont think that you can really come off the side and land it clean. its just luck usualy, atleast as far as my rail knowledge goes and i dont hit them much. id say just go for the whole thing. Laughing
x2xwakegurlx2x
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, Brandon Thomas rides at Rixen all the time, as well as ALOT of other REALLy good wakeskaters, they know how, and do come off the sides clean, all the time.

I want to know how to do this, so I know how, I will eventually hopefully have going to the end consistent, but I also want to know how to come off the side...are you really serious when you said you dont think you can really come off the side clean??? Seriously? Do you acually mean that? I know thats not true for one thing.

Obviously I aim to slide the whole thing, but until I can conssitently with never coming off the side, I want to know how to come off the side. Until then, when I come off the side, I would like to be able to land it. Plus from what I have seen on a wakeskate, I think seeing someone come off the side, at the end, is alot more impresive then doing the whole thing, becasue I know its ALOT harder, and needs more prctice too, atleast for me and some of my friends...you have your opinions, ill have mine/.
Yuri
Raley

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2xwakegurlx2x, I thought Brandon Thomas lived in Orlando so i thought he went to OWC a lot why would he travel 4 hours to go to another cable park when ther is one in his city? by the way what other good wakeskaters go there?
x2xwakegurlx2x
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakesk8er1234, I am pretty sure he just goes to school up in Orlando, so he is at Rixen when he is home from school. I dont see him there as much as he used to, before he started riding the Pro Tour, but ya he is, him and Ty Benifield are mostly the guys that taught me everything I know on a wakeskate (Not that its alot for the emount of time I have been wakeskating) but ya, thats how... any other questions to make you believe me?...Some good wakeskaters from Rixen, well Ty Benfield, not sure how he is doing with boat, but kick ass on cable, Kyle Hyams, we all know he is an unbeilivable rider (again, school in orlando, home by Rixen), umm...cant think of anymore that started at Rixen, and isnt there anymore, but ya, those are just some off the top of my head. Also, wakeskating is alot bigger at OWC as well, the opposite of Rixen, we have alot more wakeboarders, less wakeskaters...since you have never been to Rixen, if ya can, ask Kyle, its ALOT different then O-Dub, take my word for it.
Hi
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Jupiter

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know what to tell you i think you just gotta keep trying and youll get it
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2xwakegurlx2x, well then i guess there is a way, but as i said i dont know much about rails. hope you get it figured out though
x2xwakegurlx2x
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I was thinking that, I guess I will just have to practice more, I just wanted to get some more opinions, because some of the advice I have gotten a while ago, didnt work much. Thanx

Greg, ya, well I guess I will have to figure it out myself, since no one has any ideas or help, thanx...lata
o yea, do you have that impossible down yet, that will be sick!
Yuri
Raley

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2xwakegurlx2x, how many rails are at Ski Rixen?
x2xwakegurlx2x
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 2 rails, a small one, really small, alot of people ollie onto, and the one in that picture above. Except the one above is a little lower, and not even, and stuff, but for the most part the same. But thats it for rails....not nearly as much as o-dub. I know I would LOVE a picnic table though, that thing is SOOO much fun on a skate.
Yuri
Raley

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2xwakegurlx2x, how come you only post on rails and cable riding and not in general wakeskating or non wakeskating?
x2xwakegurlx2x
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, just not much, I will more and more. Why? Any Reason for asking?

Plus I dont know much about wakeskating behind the boat, but mostly on cable, havnt really done any behind boat.
Yuri
Raley

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2xwakegurlx2x, i was just wondering! by the way a lot of people ther ride at cable on general wakeskating you talk about everything going on wakeskating and stuff like that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Rails All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: