FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Remote v/s Integrity?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one is better?
Integrity Wakeskates
59%
 59%  [ 26 ]
Remote Wakeskates
40%
 40%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 44

JVR09
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Santiago, Chile

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Remote v/s Integrity? Reply with quote

Hey guys, i was wondering, since i've heard a lot of good comments about these 2 brands, which one you prefer and why? I'll buy a new board next month and I want some reviews about them. Remote any model, but integ, I'm looking back for the TNT but it's kind of expensive, what do you think?
-LoGiK-
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVR09, apples vs oranges
ZackFL(BRE)
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tampa

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-LoGiK- wrote:
JVR09, apples vs oranges

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into a building.
TWG
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZackFL(BRE) wrote:
-LoGiK- wrote:
JVR09, apples vs oranges
Gnarly Dancer 42
360 flip
360 flip

City: kalamazoo

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're so different

you can't go wrong with either one, i love the andrew remote board and i love the tnt integrity....

the best thing you could do is try them both.........if you've been riding wood concaves though you'd prolly prefer the remotes

http://www.kearnsmedia.com
Slapdown
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apples are sweet and subtle. A bit grainy in a way. And have a thin outer coat that is usually not peeled before eating. Oranges are tangy and juicy. With a softer texture, and a thicker skin that is peeled before you get to the good part of the orange.

I've said it myself. Probably more than once. But thinking about it, "apples vs oranges" isn't quite the best answer. Sure, if he'd asked which is "better," it would be worth noting that neither is better. They're different. But he asked which you like more, and why.

Point is, don't be so quick to dismiss these questions. Because some people are actually asking for a detailed comparison, which, in my opinion, is completely reasonable.

p.s. 4000 Birthday

mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: mob town

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have rode a few integ's and coming from a composite background i'd have to say they are totally different than any other board i have rode. i really like their response and feel. i like the pre-kick but not for my front foot so they aren't for me, but such wonderful boards. i really want to try a remote. once more people ride remotes it will be a question more easily answered. i doubt you'd be disappointed if you got an integ/mutiny though.
-LoGiK-
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a Remote more...but that's my opinion and only mine, not "yours" and you'll be the one riding the board so why don't you try and ride both...and find out for yourself. Reviews are only someones opinion.

There is no best board or worst board.

The best board is what works for you, whether its a flat deck, 3 stage 5 stage or bilevel

Slapdown...that was cool call everyone out and don't even contribute yourself....

-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so sick of these kind of threads
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe slapdown hasn't ridden both boards so he really can't contribute? I can't contribute either, but I really appreciate what he said because he's totally right, and he explained himself very well without being insulting. (not saying he does that, but in general, it can happen! Laughing ) Someone is looking for some genuine feedback on each board so he can try and make an educated purchase. Just saying "it's like comparing apples and oranges" is really only a start, and doesn't give him anything to work with. So the boards are different. Great. But how? If anyone has it, give some good feedback! It's the same thing when people would ask about a specific board, and then random people would say "get brand a" (ie a brand that wasn't even asked about) and not say why.
caprice150
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have rode an integrity. it was very responsive, spun real nice. but it was not for me with the two pre kicks. i prefer a wood concave. haven't rode a remote, but i'm sure it's heavenly the rocker sounds off the chain.

if logik feels like he's getting called out, i guess i'll jump on the bandwagon. i paid for the "we're just skiing" dvd in december. never got one and when i mailed you about it a month and a half later you said "oh sorry bro i'll send you two" never got it. you're welcome for doing my part of the transaction. can't say how many pm's i've sent about it afterwards, too many to count with no response. sweet vibes

Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Lago Vista

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow wrote:
maybe slapdown hasn't ridden both boards so he really can't contribute? I can't contribute either, but I really appreciate what he said because he's totally right, and he explained himself very well without being insulting. (not saying he does that, but in general, it can happen! Laughing ) Someone is looking for some genuine feedback on each board so he can try and make an educated purchase. Just saying "it's like comparing apples and oranges" is really only a start, and doesn't give him anything to work with. So the boards are different. Great. But how? If anyone has it, give some good feedback! It's the same thing when people would ask about a specific board, and then random people would say "get brand a" (ie a brand that wasn't even asked about) and not say why.

he has.

Slapdown wrote:
Apples are sweet and subtle. A bit grainy in a way. And have a thin outer coat that is usually not peeled before eating. Oranges are tangy and juicy. With a softer texture, and a thicker skin that is peeled before you get to the good part of the orange.

I've said it myself. Probably more than once. But thinking about it, "apples vs oranges" isn't quite the best answer. Sure, if he'd asked which is "better," it would be worth noting that neither is better. They're different. But he asked which you like more, and why.

Point is, don't be so quick to dismiss these questions. Because some people are actually asking for a detailed comparison, which, in my opinion, is completely reasonable.

thank you for nothing.

as far as the actual topic's purpose is concerned..

i at the moment ride a 39'' excelsior and am satisfied, but this is coming from someone who does not enjoy riding wood boards, knowing this,you would assume i would not enjoy the remote,but when i first tried it i was pleasantly surprised to find it was one of the more fun wood concaves i have ridden. Neither is a bad bet, but once again as i have to reply to this as i do all of these threads, is you need to test them out yourself and see which feels best, no outside opinion or review can give you better insight to a board than yourself riding it.
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diss and diss!

I still appreciate that he said what he said. I'd rather read good explanations and more detailed user experiences instead of one sentence write-offs. And a huge problem is that a large number of people on here will never be able to test both boards. In a perfect world, it would be an option. hearing about riding characteristics and features like pop, concave and board weight can be helpful. It's basically the next best thing to actually riding that board.

Kid512
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Lago Vista

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, i agree opinions and reviews are better than nothing, and sense he is from Chile he most likely is unable obtain either of the boards to test before he buys one; i was merely stating that if he has the opportunity to test out one of the boards or both, that it would be important to do so,to see how they feel to him, and if he does not have the opportunity to test either of them i believe it is completely logical for him to turn to reviews and opinions to base his decision off of.

I just dont think Evan should have made a lesson out of the thread.. without giving any sort of input on what the thread was made for...cause i know he has ridden both boards..

I entirely agree to his point though, people (-LoGiK-, ZackFL(BRE), TWG ) need to understand that he is basing his purchase off of popular demand and with popularity their is most likely quality and he has narrowed down the product down to two, and was just wondering specifications, which is the least people could do for him rather than just putting apples and oranges, but essentially Evan did the exact same thing with his little rant he made no contribution to JVR09's decision in choosing a board,when he had the experience to educate him.

But this exact controversy is turning the thread in the wrong direction..

JVR09, The Remote board is a dark wood concave that has a different approach at a 3-stage rocker, it sits higher on the water compared to other wood concaves and has a quicker and more responsive snap. (why i like it compared to other wood concaves)

The Integrity board i know bit more about, I have the 39 excelsior it has a 3-stage rocker a bit mellower than the remote and rides a bit deep in the water for a composite board, the excelsior has a bamboo core that gives it a closer pop to a wood board different to other composite boards and their earlier models (06 and older), the sidewalls are urethane like a hard skateboard wheel making the board difficult to break ensuring a long lifespan. The core itself in the integrity is shaped similar to a figure 8 running from nose and tail making it easier to flip when flicking off the nose/tail, and it makes it rotate on axis for shuvs and 3 shuvs. The bottom of the integrity is a mat finish with low friction making it slide easy on rails.

My opinion is you really cant go wrong with either, and dont take the fact that i knew more about the integrity to mean that it is the better board, it is all preference but if you are looking for a board that is going to last, the integrity will do you great, and that is the reason they are so expensive but in reality they pay the difference in time.

Off on a tangent though, JVR09, hows the water in chile? im curious cause i would love to travel down their and skate with you and if you choose the remote i'd be more than happy to let you test out my integrity, and if you like it, it may effect your decision in future purchases.

-Good luck, Kid.
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid512, understandable sir. nice posts. Cool
RC
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting a Pastura tomorrow and i currently ride a 08 limited integirty. I've also ridden a simplex and a 09 tnt. I'll gladely write something up after i ride it Very Happy
Macthc
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: RDG

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn I bought one copy of we're just skiiing and got 2 Laughing
Slapdown
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drat! You've caught me!

Haha yes. I've ridden both boards. However i don't at all think my very limited experience on each gives me much of a reputable opinion on them. I ride heavy boards (usually bilevels). So the few times i've ridden any Integrity board, as well as the Remote (Horan, i believe?), i've been so far out of my element that i simply don't know what to do. In fact, i started to attempt at a review, but deleted it, realizing i had little-to-nothing to say about either board.

I ride a water-logged CWB Onset.

The remote felt, in all honesty, not much different from other wood concaves. I was expecting it to ride faster, first off. Which in my opinion it didn't, noticeably. It popped pretty well on ollies, in comparison to what i'm used to (meaning you can really dig the tail in, a little more so it seems than some other boards i've ridden). But on any sort of shove trick, i felt it fall back a little bit and it just didn't have the weight that i like in a board. This isn't a problem with the board as much as it is something i'm not used to, of course. I felt in the board that it's something (like any board) that i could get used to.

Almost every Integrity i've ridden has felt the same. Light or heavy, they feel super light on the water. They release, spin, and flip quickly and easily. They ride pretty high on the water which makes them feel quick.

^ The above is all i've got. So trust me. You weren't missing out on much Laughing. It has a lot to do with my general way of looking at.. things? I can't assign attributes well. In my head, i know exactly what works for me, doesn't work for me, and why it works or doesn't work, and why i feel like others may like it or dislike it. However when it comes to describing it all, i just don't have the fancy vocabulary that Andrew has, or the organized thoughts to portray it.

wakeskatingrulezd00d
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: folsom, LA

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way i see it is that the reason he is asking is because he is about to spend 250-400 dollars on something that he has nooo clue about. the amount of money could be little to some, but to others thats a BIG deal. and you have to take into account that he could have NO resources to try either one of those boards. they dont just pop out of the ground for us to be able to try them and then see what we like more and not have to post these threads. i wish they did do that but they dont.
thats all i have to say... lol
BIG shuv
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop the big shuvs on a REMOTE Smash
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: