FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

More Trick Confusion....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mx5alan
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: More Trick Confusion.... Reply with quote

Following on from my previous post...
http://www.wakeskating.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2832

A few of the wakeskate trick names are a bit confusing as there doesn't seem to be a standard format.

First question is on Varials..
What is a standard varial is it a 180 or 360 rotation ?
I have seen references to just Body Varials, 180 Body Varial and 360 Body varials.

Same with Shuv-its & Pop Shuv-its – What is a standard Shuv-it ? A 180 board rotation or a full 360 ?
Shuv-its - ? No rotational reference ~ is it a 180 or a 360
Pop Shuv-it - ? No rotational reference ~ is it just a 180 or a 360
or is a Shuv-it = 180 and Pop Shuv-it = 360

next question is on
ToeSide FrontSide 180 = Front 2 Front 180 ?
HeelSide FrontSide 180 = Back 2 Front 180 ?
ToeSide BackSide 180 = Front 2 Back 180 ?
HeelSide BackSide 180 = Back 2 Front 180 ?

Are these the same as... (in same order)
FS 180
FS switch 180
BS switch 180
BS 180

Understand Front & Backside as posted on linked thread above but dont recall seeing references to TS FS 180's etc... in any Wakeboarding tricks list.
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a frontside and backside shuv-it and popshuvit. im not quite sure wat u mean on the body varials and 180's but if your cutting out on ur heels and pop a 180 and have to do a handle pass when doing a 180 thats a backside or some people call a blind, if u pop a 180 and dont need to switch hands for the 180 just stay holding with ur back hand thats a frontside. switch means that you pop with oppisite foot position. for example if you are goofy than a switch frontside 180 you would pop with your right foot on the tail. heelside/toeside doesnt have any thing to do with switch stance. hopefully i helped
Slyder
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Punta Gorda/Tallahassee

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is generally a 180 unless otherwise stated. Pop shuvit is just the full name for a shuvit, it's just shortened (you can also just say shuv)

Toeside and Heelside can mean two different things. For Example, a heelside wake to wake 180 would be a two wake jump from your heelside edge. But it can also mean you cut into the flats on your heelside to do the trick. Usually people will just say "in the flats" for something off of flat water and use the toeside and heelside reference for the wakes.

The same goes for toeside, a toeside wake to wake is when you leave the wake on your toeside edge and land on the downslope of the other. Or it can be a cut into the flats on your toeside in order to do the trick.

I'm not sure if you were asking about this but the rotation of spins is based on what side of your body opens up to the boat. A frontside spin is when the handle moves in front of your body (thus allowing the front of your body to face the boat first) The backside spins usually involve a handle pass behind your back.

I dont know if i got what you were asking for but i think everything is correct.
mx5alan
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the replies all so far have been very helpful... Very Happy

headhuntermx4
> im not quite sure wat u mean on the body varials
Body Varial Body Varial 180 or 360.

as explained in Slyders post.

Lots of tricks lists make reference to the same trick but use different ways to describe it. Body Varial would be the same as Body Varial 180
Double Body Varial would be the same as a Body Varial 360 or 360 Body Varial.

> heelside/toeside doesnt have any thing to do with switch stance.

What about a W2W TS FS 180 meaning Wake 2 Wake jump from toeside approach with a Frontside 180 off the wake - you land Switched.

so would the trick not also be called a W2W Frontside 180 Question

> Slyder
Everything is generally a 180 unless otherwise stated. Pop shuvit is just the full name for a shuvit, it's just shortened (you can also just say shuv)

Exactly what I wanted to know...
Makes it a little bit easier to read some of the tricks lists. Very Happy

> Toeside and Heelside can mean two different things. For Example, a heelside wake to wake 180 would be a two wake jump from your heelside edge. But it can also mean you cut into the flats on your heelside to do the trick. Usually people will just say "in the flats" for something off of flat water and use the toeside and heelside reference for the wakes.

A lot of wakeboard lists just have
FrontSide 180 or BackSide 180 which is the description of the trick from the wake. They don't normally have the approach too.

> The same goes for toeside, a toeside wake to wake is when you leave the wake on your toeside edge and land on the downslope of the other. Or it can be a cut into the flats on your toeside in order to do the trick.

Thats what I thought, but when reading trick lists it is quiet difficult to picture the move and work out rider and board positions.

> I'm not sure if you were asking about this but the rotation of spins is based on what side of your body opens up to the boat. A frontside spin is when the handle moves in front of your body (thus allowing the front of your body to face the boat first) The backside spins usually involve a handle pass behind your back.

> I dont know if i got what you were asking for but i think everything is correct.
Yes you did... Very Happy
Its not the easiest think to describe when you aren't 100% sure what you are trying to explain. Laughing

May have a few more questions - but once I fully understand the basic moves which every trick is based on it should be much easier to read the lists and picture the moves.

Cheers again for the replies.... Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: