FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

3ccd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Media and Technology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: May 28, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: 3ccd Reply with quote

Im looking into getting a professional-grade camera in the near future. What are you guys running? Ive been looking at the XL1, GL1, VX2000, and models like those.. What's the best for our type of stuff and i'll probably be looking into getting a water housing for it as well..i want to stay around $1500 give or take a little.. thanks guys, lates.
sharpe_fan4113
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Spokane

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go with one of the panasonic AG-DVX-100 series (AG-DVX-100, AG-DVX-100A, AG-DVX-100B). so badass, i think they are the best quality 3ccd cams available. and they are small and made of magnesium so they are hella light and super durable. it also comes with a leica lens so you know the quality will be AMAZING. you can get them on ebay or other internet sites for around $2,000, give or take some, depending on what package you get. i'd spend the extra money and get one, you WILL NOT be disappointed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jimmy T
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharpe_fan4113, is right. The AGDVX-100 is a legit camera. I bought one last summer and havent even used it that much but I love it. I got mine for $1500 used. DO NOT buy one off ebay though, especially with 3CCD higher end cameras I have seen so many scams online its ridiculous. If you are serious about buying a DVX, go to www.DVXuser.com
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned, if you can find a DVX-100 in your price range then get it. I own an XL-1, GL-1 and have also spent a bunch of time on a VX-1000, and they're all great cameras in their own right, but they're all a few generations old so they aren't going to be as nice as the DVX is. PM me if you have any specific questions...
cjbecker
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: greencastle, In, USA

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use a vx-2100 and i love it. my bro is the filmer and he can get really good colors out of it. I am just getting into it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Media and Technology All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: