FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Tips from all you video editing masters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Media and Technology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CapriSunAllNatural
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Bham, WA

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Tips from all you video editing masters Reply with quote

I film with the Canon HG20, My current software is Sony Vegas 9 Platinum.

I have learned since buying the software that sony designs their software to work best with their own cameras. So, In order to edit, I have to turn my camera down to SD instead of the best HD.

Two questions:

1. Anyone here with a non-Sony camera have a program that edits HD nicely and is under $200?

2. Does anyone here with Sony Vegas or Sony Vegas Pro know how to deinterlace their video? I am coming from Final Cut Pro and am struggling with Vegas...

Thanks for any tips/help.
mank the tank
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Baton Rouge

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony only does that so people with no knowledge will buy everything sony, therefore they make more money.

Get Adobe Premiere if you are on a PC. I think you can buy it alone for about 300 bucks maybe a tad bit more. Or find a friend in college and get them to use their email so its cheaper.

Also, when you export your videos... De-Interlacing will be with your export settings. I have not used Vegas in about 5 years but most video editing software will have it in the export settings.
-LoGiK-
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CapriSunAllNatural, the bad news is that a lot of pc's for some reason can not handle hd right now unless you running a crazy dual core with atleast 4gb + of ram on 64bit etc etc.. I have a pc that should handle anything I throw at it and anytime I try and edit HD on adobe premiere it just takes a shizzle. I have a year older version of premiere pro and it doesn't even support P2. At this point it looks like I might have to just grab a macbook pro and snap final cut pro because to rebuild my pc would be pointless and cost the same as selling it and buying a macbook
theSAVAGE1
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: NorCal

PostPosted: May 26, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CapriSunAllNatural, you can pick up Adobe Premiere Elements or Final Cut Express for relatively cheap and I believe both (of the newer versions at least) can handle HD. Obviously they're not the full blown packages, but they'll get you through the basics. If you want the most recent Premiere Pro which would be CS5, it's going for upwards of $800. Older versions, if you can find them, I'm sure are cheaper though.

I've never used Vegas, so I can't be any help there. Although, if de-interlacing isn't an export option, try right clicking on the clip and finding the de-interlace option there. Some programs require you do this versus allowing you to do it all in one shot.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Media and Technology All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: