FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

my new board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vance Collins

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: my new board Reply with quote

kdub hooked me up. thanks bro.

yea yea its not a wakeskate but i really want to get back into wakeboarding and get better.

137_SUMMIT_TOP.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  22.88 KB
 Viewed:  5031 Time(s)

wakeskater55
Ollie
Ollie

City: nor cal

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey vance, r u seriously leaving wakeboarder.com
Vance Collins

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea
DavHof
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet board vance. I've only heard good things about Double Up.
A-skater41
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Raleigh

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vance, y are you leaving wakeboarder.com?
Vance Collins

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont really care to talk about it. lets move on.
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice wakeboard. If you don't mind me asking, why do you have this rekindled interest in wakeboarding? Do you just miss it? Or do you need a break from wakeskating? Or is it that wakeboarding attracts more girls than wakeskating (joking, joking)?

I haven't gone wakeboarding at all this year (I really can't). I don't really miss it because I've had too much fun wakeskating. But my vandall solbounds make me feel really cool, so....I may have to dabble. And my board is really fun too (a substance). I'd never ride one of their wakeskates, but LF has some really nice, fun wakeboards to ride.

In conclusion, I miss greg nelson's bus tour. I was thinking about that the other day.

Anyway, have fun on the new ride!

Vance Collins

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow,

from going to owc last weekend. i miss going huge off the kickers there. before i never really had a chance to get better at wakeboarding, my boat doesnt make a really big wake, so wakeskating fit more into my lifestyle. i got ok at wakeskating, and think if i stuck with it i would have a chance of going pro one day, but thats not for me. I just like to go out and ride with my friends.

Right now i can only do w2w 180s, landed a couple 3s at odub, thats about it. so hopefully i can improve and become a good wakeboarder, and still improve my wakeskating.

Plus you would not believe how much i paid for that board, i mean I dont have 800 dollars to go out and blow on a new setup. I got 2002 3060s, im going to keep using those, maybe find some black overlays or something so the boats can be all black. But here I found a very very inexpensive way to get back into wakeboarding. Now i can just use my old 01 helix for odub. Its already cracked anyways. Very Happy
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool. And guys like aaron reed have said that their wakeskating actually helped their wakeboarding (after the fact, of course). In my opinion, it has to do with board control because you have to be more in tune when your feet aren't attached (no cheating!), but you know, that's just me.

Yeah, the one thing I found frustrating is that wakeboarding is kind of passing me by. I have a crappy boat...it's seriously worth 1000.00, at best. And I have fun with it and it really taught me how to edge properly and I'm happy I have it, blah blah blah. But then when I get behind a nice boat, things are completely different. You can go so much larger on your tricks and if you aren't used to that, the feeling is kind of unnatural...and I guess can make you vulnerable to injury. I basically figured this out last summer when I tore my acl out of my tibia and tore my meniscus in two spots on a frontside 180--LAME. I never thought in a million years that I'd get a serious injury from an easy trick like that. But you know, boats are larger, people put a crap load of weight in them, blah blah blah...it's just a bit more challenging, especially if you're not used to it. And top it off with not actually riding on a consistent basis, and you have a perfect recipe for disaster!

Anyway, have fun. Seriously, one of the most rewarding aspects of boardsports is progressing--even if it isn't learning a new trick, but feeling more comfortable with something and actually looking back and being like "wow, look how far I've come." I've just had those feelings with my switch skating, so, you know...I just love this stuff, and I can hardly wait to start snowboarding again. later!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: