FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

floating kicker and polejam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shredorama
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: floating kicker and polejam Reply with quote

im building a floating kicker for my winch for wakeboarding and wakeskating, whats a decent height for a kicker like 2-3 feet? its only going to be 8 feet long kinda but its just a kicker.

also has anyone used abs pipe for rails or anything. i have a 12 foot pipe thats about half an inch think and almost foot in diamater. i was going to build a polejam or and up rail. im not worried about it not being square. i know abs pipe slides like butter for snowboarding what its like for wakeskating.

im new to wakeboarding and wakeskating so any help or ideas is really appreciated
acesfull420
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: slicker

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have thought about using a big plastic pipe like your talking about (we used to use them for skateboarding) I was thinking about using it as a stationary rail. Like pound in 3 4x4's at the lake, then cut 3 square holes in your large diameter pipe (1-2ft diameter) and just drop the pipe down on the posts and bolt or screw it from the side. Some of these large pipes are hard to find, but if you know someone who works for the city they can usually get one. Although, the one we used for skatboarding was only about 8 ft long. I would think you want at least 16 ft. Not sure what lengths they come in. I think it would slide fine. I have seen a few used in alliance magazine at little winch ditch spots. go for it Very Happy
shredorama
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i forgot to mention to polejam would not be floating. i think im going to bolt or screw a 2x4 or 4x4 on the bottom of the then put sides on the 2x4 to hold the 4x4 posts. best place to get the big plastic pipe or metal pipe cheap is scrap yards. i cant wait to build this now.
shredorama
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres the pole jam used old wood and i got 3 barrels to float it from a raft we didnt build yet so total cost of rail is $0, looks alittle scetchy but its super solid hope its the same floating.

RollinTrees
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: NorCal

PostPosted: Aug 12, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you used 3, 55 gallon buckets to float it? did it work... im building something similar and wanna know how many 55 gallon drums to use
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Rails All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: