FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

New!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterpart
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: 661

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: New! Reply with quote

Ok im new to wakeskating and am having alot of fun. I can ollie, just not very high. I want to know if its fine to learn ollies and other tricks TS first? How my boat is set up, its very hard to get to the left side which is my HS. I heard something about Learning on HS and want to make sure i dont mess myslef up in the future by learning TS
senorbueno
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

counterpart, just spend more time riding... you will be able to go heelside. I highly doubt that the boat is actually preventing you from going either way. Once you spend more time on the board you will get more comfortable cutting and edging. Crawl before you run.

Keep at it and you'll get it.
counterpart
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

senorbueno, Well actually it is. Im riding behind a pontoon boat because im on a smaller lake. It doesnt have a middle rope bar or anything, so we tie it to the pontoon. The left side is all screwy!
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your boat is preventing you from going hs? explain? Ive never seen anyone feel more comfortable on their TS first.... but if thats how u feel thats how u feel! you can start learning shuvs and fs 180s, but bs 180s are gunna be a beast to learn on that side first! start learning switch stuff too cuz that will probably come a bit easier since ur on that side. But im still wondering why u cant go hs?
YaBro
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=AlexXx=-, < dont listen to this guy, he's a punk Smash
counterpart
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=AlexXx=-, Well its not that i cant, just its alot harder and i can not go out as far.
T-Hawk
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Knox Vegas

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

counterpart, hmm, sounds strange. But i don't see why there's anything wrong with it.
And i used to ride behind my pontoon, and what i'd do is try to ghetto-rig something that makes the rope centered behind the boat, like tieing (sp?) it around both awning poles in the back and tieing the end of the rope back onto the rope. Lol, if that made any sense.. Rolling Eyes
counterpart
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Hawk, haha yeah ive thought about that. But its not strong enough. I would try it if it were my boat, but its my grandparents, so i cant.
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just get a rope and tight one end to the port side cleat in the back and the other end to the starboard side cleat to the other end, get a carabiner and put your rope on the end of it, and then clip that to the device on the back of your boat. make sure the V rope is big enough to go over the outboard engine, if u do have an outboard that is so its not rubbing on it. Thats what i did with my lil whaler for years, the rope broke after like 4 years so i just clip it to one side cuz im lazy and hardly use it cuz im in school now. Hope this helps.
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a quick diagram in paint just incase u dont get what i mean... This will give u a free range of motion so u can cut on either side of the wake.

diagram.JPG

Description:
 Filesize:  18.71 KB
 Viewed:  11347 Time(s)

counterpart
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=AlexXx=-, Thats a really good idea. Did you ever have problems with the rope hitting the motor?? Looks like it would work good. Ill have to try that.

Also, what if your not planning on using the whole rope, I usually leave like 15 feet extra because of the wake it creates.

And no ones really answered my main Q. Thanks for the help still but what about the TS part??
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

counterpart, i never had a problem with the motor, you just gotta make sure u get a long enough rope.

If you dont want to use the whole rape, just make a loop where u want it and clip it, u can have a little extra drag behind the boat, just make sure the driver is contentious of it.

On your main question.... u can learn anything ts and hs... it doesnt matter its not gunna hinder you, just try to learn both. its good to learn one trick on the ts, and then learn it on the hs so you are more well rounded and such. same with switch. Good luck! hope that device works for you as well as it did for me.
mufinman98
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Palm City

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if ur uncreative u can buy those now Rolling Eyes

A lot of of used to skateboard, but we are afraid of concrete so we quit and splash around in the water with each other and play marco polo in between sets.
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mufinman98, ya... but west marine rips you off! and that lil pulley wheel inside usually breaks... believe me ive been threw a few.... they are made of plastic.. the clip works great.
crispy
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Roc City

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used my anchor line to tie to the back Smile. i have 300ft of it so i can pull it out a bit lol Smash
mufinman98
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Palm City

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=AlexXx=-, haha ya i know wat ur sayin ive had 2 brake on me now too

A lot of of used to skateboard, but we are afraid of concrete so we quit and splash around in the water with each other and play marco polo in between sets.
counterpart
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=AlexXx=-, Hey thamks. That should work and i plan to try it out tomorrow.

I was just thinkin if theres enough, to throw it up in the boat and tie it off to somethin.

And I kinda thought that, i just didnt want to end up learning something wrong or try it TS and never get it because its imposible for some reason. Thanks and with the new rope set up, it should all be good to go!

Thanks Very Happy
counterpart
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright i tried the new setup today and it was great. Also alot easier to get up and my ollies and whatnot seemed to improve quite a bit!! Thanks for all of the ideas! Funny thing is once i got my ollies dialed HS i couldnt do them very well TS so i will be working on those tomorrow! Cant wait. Planning on trying Shuv its in a few more days! Hope to get atleast one semi clean one in about 3 weeks!!
crispy
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Roc City

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

counterpart, congrats bro. let me tell u as a beginner myself i wish i started learning on TS the same as HS. get your lip tricks down too.. gl man!
counterpart
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crispy, Haha yeah ive been doin some little Fs BS (i think, i was always confused whick way it is) and want to try Bs(i think) but i havent yet! Will do soon!

Why didnt you learn both? Didnt think about it??

Can you do tail presses on wakes?? It doesnt seem like you could tell the difference much....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: