FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Bi-level pics and info. Tell me you love me.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder if it drags on deepwater starts?
Morphine
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: 706omg

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaKeSk8er209, I don't think it will, because the bottom board will be taking the bulk of the force and it is slightly longer, so no water should drag on the top board.
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there specks on these yet?
itch
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Battle Creek

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg nothing official yet the production models came out shorter than the proto types so I will let you knkow what they are shipping thomas said he shipped my samples earlier this week. I hope to get them before I leave for the expo. Greg are going to be down for the show?
ITCH

www.integrity-wake.com
www.cdifins.com
chriscut
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also wonder about the warrenty. I wonder how this wood deck will hold up on water. I hate how skateboards loose their pop over time, and get water logged. I hope this board isnt the same. are there any wood/fiberglass mixed wakeskates on the market, like how snowboards are? i like that idea. you wont loose pop as fast that way, and the boards are way more durable.

I have doubts about this board holding up well on sketchy landings. it seems like water would grab onto the surface area between the boards, bite, and throw you off the thing.. anyway, enough wondering. one of you get the board, ride it and post your comments so we can stop wondering if this board's hype is true. Smile

greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itch, no i gota go 2 court on the 24th so ill be there by worlds hopefully but i wont make expo
David Legler
linear perspective

City: Durham

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyeareque, from what i think. i don't see why the water would catch on the bottom board, it wouldn't be much different than riding a flat deck. in which case the nose doesn't stick into the water unless you put to much weight on the front...
satori*
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: boca raton

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

che blanc, in 1997 werent you about nine?
you pioneered wakeskating at nine?

freerider4
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that thing looks pretty awesome, i'm in love with morphine.
SleuCrew
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Oak Grove

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bi-level that i rode today was quite interesting, IT WAS NOT A CASSETTE... the main things that i noticed were that you defenitly rode higher in the water and it had amasing pop off of the wake, did a few big spins on it although i didint try any kickflips on it the design i rode seemed pretty fun just different from your normal wakeskate. I will say i do have high hopes for Cassette's design and i think alot of people will move to the bi-level platform once they get used to it.

One other thing im quite curious about is that i looked into Cassettes patent through the us patent office and from what i can see there is no patent nor even a filing for any such thing as a bi-level wakeskate... Not trying to call Cassette or anyone out here, mainly just curious as to what exactly the patent is on.

stompin9s
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Vail - CO

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SleuCrew, if u rode a bi level today and it wasnt a cassette then what was it Question

PS- if u respond "hyperlite," u will be banished from the wakeskating.com forum forever Evil or Very Mad

SleuCrew
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Oak Grove

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not a Hyperlite... and im not really at liberty to talk about who built it... all i can say is Cassette might be up for some competition in the bi-level dept. and if not well then if the Cassette product is better than what i rode today im super stoked for it because either way there is a revolution about to happen to the sport we love and live.
ollieshuvitz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: east bay area

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know your not at liberty to talk about it, but what would be the odds it's a 484 Bi-Level. I think I remember hearing stuff about them designing some special board...

But its probably not so whatever...

nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

satori*, i wouldnt say i pioneered it, but we did ride around on a bindingless wakeboard with surf wax on it
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Charlotte

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I gotta get my $.02 in like everyone else.

I think it looks awesome. It definitely takes a page from the whole bi-deck snowskate design. I ride a bi-deck snowskate and love it so I can see myself liking the cassette design. I do wonder about how it will feel being so high on the water, and I'm not looking forward to the first time the handle gets stuck in the gap. I don't doubt that the pop will be BIG though. That kind of leverage always helps. Can't wait to read more reviews from people who ride it.

tribal
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: whistler/pemberton

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stoked that Thomas is pushing design's and all.....
But this whole bi-level thing is seeming a little cumbersome to me.I always loved the simplicity of wakeskating.But that's just my opinion and that's coming from someone who still rides a cassette flat deck.

lantz
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Hotlanta

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with a pro wakeskater at SliderSlam this weekend. Let's just say he doesn't ride for Cassette either, but he got to try out the bi-level. His exact words to me were "my ollies were 50% higher, everything is much smoother.... in the next year or so, every wakeskate company will be manufacturing some version of a bi-level." So there you have it.

I picked up the bi-level and it did feel heavy but the pro told me it doesn't feel heavy when you ride it. It feels very solid and well built. Get ready... shizzle has changed for the better. And no, I can't tell you who the pro was. That would be really shady of me.

rukusrider103
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was just looking at what the survey said "which would be a better board, integrity or bi-level" you cant really ask that without everyone riding the both of them, but i do know that dannys been breaking the top deck ALOT so the're gunna make alot more top decks to sale them cause they break.
INDEFINITE
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rukus, I have to call you out on that, the info you are stating is that the top decks have been breaking alot. Wrong, Actually we have been prototyping this board for some time now, a little too long, and there has been only one to break, and that was after rigorous testing by two individuals. It broke because of one thing, it was the first wood one made, thus making it the bottom line in which to "build up from", the low end to say. So do the consumers a favor and not list info that is not true, and very well misleading.
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tribal, I thought you rode an integrity?

I don't think anyone could have predicted that wakeskating would go in this direction because in the beginning, it was meant to be "affordable", and I guess you could say "minimalist." But you pay for what you want and where your desire lies. If you're really serious about it, I'm sure you (the general you) will find a way to buy whatever board you want (I know I'm like that). And 275.00 is better than spending 400.00 on metal and rubber (ie. bindings). I'm sure there will always be other boards to ride besides the bi-level....you have to have a range of products to appease the demographic. I guess it just remains to be seen how much people will want to ride a standard deck after this one.

And ruckus, if you are talking BS on something you know little about, I think that's really sad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Add To Favorites

Jump to: