FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

SnowSkate
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SleuCrew
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Oak Grove

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, first off you couldint be more wrong. JP "rides" for Premier he is in no way assocated with the company any more than that. The creator of Premier is Andy Wolf.

Also about the "big crazy rails" comment, Some of our kids are doing k-flips down 20 stair sets and tail sliding 15 stair rails... the snowskate is for pure fun and to screw arround on but... big things are coming.

There are alot of kids deffenitly stepping it up.

freerider4
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-squadriderz so I guess that makes it legit because of some guy.
koolbeans
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: rockledge

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iv nvr evn seen snow b4 other than on tv
Woodisbest!
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowskate is the real deal! peole who say it is not a real board sport and cannot be compared to snowboard = wakeskate is not a real board sport and cannot be compared with wakeboard! Believe me it is getting BIG! I have seen kids going down black diamonds on bi level burton. + snowskating is real good for wakeskating practice tricks, try a big spin with a snowskate and you will surely land it on a wakeskate. So in my opinion snowskating is like wakeskating used to be 3 years ago! mark my word!
Matt_French

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure JP wasn't the creator of Premier....Andy Wolf was.

I would have thought that on a wakeskating forum, ppl would be more open to snowskates. But instead...the same old BS. Comparing snowskating to snowboarding as if they are the same sport. Snowskating was not invented to replace snowboarding. It is a different sport with a different following. Does that at all sound familiar??? Hmmm... snowskating and snowboarding are separate, just as wakeskting and wakeboarding are separate.

On another note…

The reason why I believe that snowskating hasn’t really caught on as a legitimate sport is for a couple of reasons. I have seen excessive video of kids, mostly under the age of 15, displaying absolutely killer skills. I think that there are a lot of really good younger kids because snowskates have such a low setup cost. And then once you pay for the board…you don’t need a ride to a ski hill…or a lift ticket, or any of the additional costs that are tagged with snowboarding. So any kid who saves up a couple weeks worth of allowance, can go into a shop and buy a snowskate for $30. If an entire snowboard setup only cost $30, and ski hills were everywhere, and it was free to ride….don’t you think there would be quite a few more skilled riders out there? I’m guessing that there would be. I think this is why everyone views snowskating as being less legit than other board sports. If you really sit and think about that for a moment….it makes sense. If every kid in the world could afford a wakeskate and a boat, and had a private lake in their backyard, with rails and kickers, and they were able to ride whenever they felt like it…there would definitely be an overload of really good riders out there. And I don’t think anyone would consider wakeskating ‘cool.’ Now obviously that is never going to happen. But it gives you something to think about.
Brian Hogan
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Ottawa

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you tell em Steve French!
Matt_French

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Hogan, i'm not a mountain lion....lol. That show is genius. Who the hell names a mountain lion Steve French. hahahah
Matt_French

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wakeskating.com/media/showphoto.php?photo=908
Brett Leadley
Raven Flip

City: Berlin, NJ

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a bi-level on ebay for like 40 bucks or something last year, it is so much fun just popping shuvs and stuff like that- there are now a couple mountains in Vermont that let you use them on the entire mountain. Stowe VT has a little snowskate-only park with some small rails and hits
satori*
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: boca raton

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like snowskating more than snowboarding. ive only been snowboarding for a week though, but i caught on really quick. i guess i didnt like it cause i dont like being strapped in from eating crap getting too much air wakeboarding. and i sprained my wrist hardcore trying a bs 360 off a medium hit. it would be nice to give it a go in deep powder though.
i like wakeskating better, so i like snowskating better... (because im a sissy.) because i think its more fun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: