FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Warped Tour

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Manzer
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: lake of the ozarks, MO

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Warped Tour Reply with quote

i just got back from warped tour...it was f*cking awesome...ok, so story of the year, taking back sunday, and coheed & cambria kicked major ass. they were my favorites by far. i was in the pit for Coheed and got boosted up and crowd surfed...funnest thing ever at a concert. other notable bands were matchbook romance, rise against, billy talent, the motion city soundtrack, from autumn to ashes....and a few others i cant remember. anybody else been to or going to the warped tour?

And there's no way anybody is going to see a manatee, then say calmly " Hey look, a manatee." Those are some scary lookin motherfckers.
- Nick Taylor
revolutionconcepts
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Winter Park

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went...i was very disapointed...

::::::::INTEGRITY:::::::
www.integrity-wake.com

:::::::BRANDON BEACH:::::::
www.brandonbeachdesign.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sucked last year
Michael Manzer
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: lake of the ozarks, MO

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revolution, thats another thing i noticed that saddened me...pink and black punk was EVERYWHERE and there were all kinds of kids with anti-whatever shirts and sh*t....other than that crap, the music was good and the bands were all pretty cool and stuff....and many hot chicas walking around

And there's no way anybody is going to see a manatee, then say calmly " Hey look, a manatee." Those are some scary lookin motherfckers.
- Nick Taylor
the bygone
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the San Francisco WT and of all the bands I saw only The Bouncing Souls, Here Kitty Kitty, and Los Dry Heavers were any good. Thursday, Alk3, Coheed, 18 visions, all were very bad. Those are all great bands that I have seen play really well in the past but the WT is just not the place to see a good show. It is hard to play outside in the middle of the day after driving all night from the last venue. Good bands but hard tour to be on.
kyle hyams
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: maitland

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been to the Warped Tour in a few years and had the opportunity to go to the Orlando stop. I saw The Bouncing Souls, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, Hidden in Plain View, Silverstein, Coheed and Cambria, Story of the Year, Bad Religion, NOFX (entire set was from "punk in drublic"), and The Bled. Story of the Year went off, best performance of the entire day, followed by Underoath. I recommend catching either of these groups live. All the bands I saw had great sets... all in all a great concert.
DavHof
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Warped Tour Reply with quote

Michael Manzer wrote:
other notable bands were matchbook romance, rise against, billy talent, the motion city soundtrack, from autumn to ashes....

Best bands there this year, IMO. I went out right after and bought the Warped Tour CD. And your right about all the Black and Pink. Most people could tell who the posers were when they left because it was drizzling (sp) and didn't want to get wet; not to mention it was during when the best bands play. I was right around the edge of the pit and got hit randomly. My friends went in and one came out with only one shoe and half of a shirt hanging from his neck and the other came out with a swollen red eye (turned black by morning). It was crazy and much fun this year.

wakeriderof87
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: cen fla

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went it was good. I was really impressed with the bouncing souls, atmosphere and story of the year, and taking back sunday. and all though I don't like the all american rejects they put on a good show. the worst band I saw was yellowcard, it just all around sucked
skatethewake247
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: nova

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got back from the one at dc. taking back sunday was crazy. but this one girl was crowd surfin and fell on her head and got airlifted out.
Integrity666
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Washington State

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i went to the warped tour in 97 and 98. I havent been back since. The bands have all changed on the tour and they took out a lot of cool people on the tour so i didnt go anymore. I dont plan on going to one in the future ethier with bands like simple plan and new found glory playing, I'd rather save my hard earned money and see a real show like Alice Cooper or something. But i do respect the bouncing souls they rock the house.
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity666, I agree 97 was the last warped tour for me too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: