FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The event the Westcoast's been waiting for....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirty
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: The event the Westcoast's been waiting for.... Reply with quote

Alright everybody this is the event that the West Coast has been waiting for since wakeboarding started. The mastermind pushing this event is none other than Ricky Ephrom from Big Block Productions and the whole Big Block Crew. Rephrom Has put Cali on the wakeboard map with his photos and film more than anybody else and its time to see how Big Block throws an event. So everything is gonna go down like this. The event is going to last 4 days long at a private unnamed lake in Central Cali thanks to Doug Goodman. The dates are going to be July 26-29. The first two days (July 26-27) will be the building party and the second two days (July 28-29) will be the riding party. The only requirements for a company to sponsor this event is to know how to build a rail. Trust me by the end of day two with all the people behind this event, this no name lake is going to look like the craziest rail park you’ve ever seen. Rails already exist at this lake that are 15 feet above land and 100 feet long. This place is no joke. Your going to see pro wakeboarder’s such as Ricky Gonzales, Chris Williams, Josh Smith, Kyle Murphy, Cody Hall, Mike Swhenne, Melissa Marquardt, Doug Goodman, Ricky Arslanian, and Wes Elward put their lives on the line hitting rails you never thought you’d see in your lifetime. Also pro wakeskaters such as Lief Erika, Tim Kovacich, Melissa Marquardt, Steve Wahlman, and James Kelley will be there pushing wakeskating to that next level its barely started to see. In order to keep this party live, underground Hip Hop groups such as “Art of Facts,” “Dirty Heads,” will be there as well as world known “DJ Mikie Smithers” and the reggae band “The Neighborhood.” This whole idea just came up and so far companies such as Big Block Productions, No Fear, Rip Curl, Kampus Wakeskates, RythemX, Collective Development, Hyperlite, Focus Athletics, and Sobe Energy Drinks are already on the list for rails and its growing fast. We are going to limit this private lake to 25 crazy rails so if you want your company to be apart of the biggest wakeboard event in cali its pretty simple. BUILD.

Things to know:
We will accept 7 outlaw/semi pro riders into this event to ride with the pros
July 26-27 is going to be all building and no riding
July 28 will be an all day practice day and photoshoot
July 29 is the main event/party hosted by Big Block Productions and everybody is welcome to attend
Ricky Ephrom will be doing a full story in Wakeboard Magazine
Theres a lot of land around this lake so everybody will be camping (Motorhomes, tents, trailers, etc.)
If you own a 50 bring it. There will be ramp jumping, a track and some fun night racing during the parties
Big Block will be filming for their upcoming dvd’s
These parties will go down in history
About 20 pro riders will be there as well as our outlaw riders
Live Music
No little rails will be allowed (under 40 ft) unless for wakeskating
No companies will be allowed to solicit at this event if you have not built an approved rail by us, “The Riders.”
Tv crews will be there
This is the one wakeboard event you don't want to miss

Contacts:
To sponsor this event contact Ricky Ephrom (888) 448-9637
Ricky@BigBlockProductions.com
To be a rider in this event contact Chris Williams (818) 402-5767
Chris@RythemX.com

Directions:
If your coming from So Cal, take 5 North until you reach the 152 towards Los Banos. Take the 152 towards Los Banos and make a right at the Dos Pallos exit. Then your going to make a left at Denton, right at Indiana, left at Merril, right at Fairfax and you cant miss it on your left side. Look for posted signs at each turn. The drive is about 2.5 hours north of Bakersfield.

If your coming from Nor Cal just do the same. Take the 152 towards Los Banos and follow the above directions.
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what lake is this cause i live 30 min. from dos palos
Dirty
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's an unamed lake...
chriscut
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know how late they will be riding? I wouldnt be able to get out there until like 6pm on both days since i work.
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did neone go to this so far?

im trying to find a ride to go thursday.

chriscut
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna go in a hr or two. cough cough, boss, i need to go home... I'm feeling like sh*t Laughing
chriscut
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went to it. none of the rails were finished today. there was like 30 cars there, some dude was pulling wakeboarders with a wave runner. not much really going on. They had one sick rail setup. it had a 30 ft troff of water on top of dirt, into a 30 ft rainbow rail over a old car, then into another troff that was elevated over water, bout 20 ft long, then a nice slanted rail into the lake. btw Gator boards were making that one. they were camped out in a motorhome. It wasnt really worth the drive out since no one was riding. but anyway.. i'll be driving out again tomorrow night, hopefully they will have the rails done so we can see some dope hits.
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i went there yesterday.

they had 4 rails.

1. ten foot flatbar
2. ten foot metal handrail
3. gap A-frame thing
4. Gators pool to rainbow over car to pool to 6foot drop into the lake.

chriscut
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is anyone going back tonight?
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ya.

you guys missed it thursday. WakeUp Films had their winch out there and hitting those two 10Ft. rails. someone did a boardslide to 270 shuv off on the metal handrail.

then they went over to the pool gap built by GatorBoards and ollied out of the second pool into the lake.

one of them also landed a boardslide down this rail that went from the second pool out over into the lake.
chriscut
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how late were they riding? When i was there they were just building so i took off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: