FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

2 questions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Jones
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: vancouver, wa

PostPosted: May 25, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: 2 questions. Reply with quote

Hey guys. I've been on the wakeboarder forum for a while, and just decided to get onto this one since I've started skating this year. I'm havin trouble learning some new tricks. First off, I can hit rails semi-ok, but I keep having problems with my front foot coming too far over the rail. When this happens, I'll either get hung up, or just slide off to the right. Secondly, when I'm doing shuv-its, I can't pop nearly as high as usual, so the board will typically catch on the water about halfway through the rotation and just fly off or whatever it is that it does. I've only been working on these for a couple days, so I'm sure with time it will come, but if anyone has any pointers for me, that would help out quite a bit. Thanks alot.
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: May 26, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Jones,
How are you getting onto the rail? Are you riding up it or doing an ollie onto it? You can try putting more weight on your back foot to even out your weight over the top of the rail.

To pop your shuvits higher, weight down your back foot more before jumping up to shuv. Also, you may be kicking it too hard if the board is flipping over? Where is your front foot on the board before you shuv?
rukusrider103
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 26, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is where i put my feet while setting up for any shuvit, remember to cut out and then drop your back hand as your straiting off for balance, then pop it right after getting strait, dont wait to long because the rope will pull you back to the boat, you should really start off very small with shuvits then take them bigger in time.

aa.JPG

Description:
 Filesize:  9.72 KB
 Viewed:  5593 Time(s)

Scott Jones
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: May 26, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I'm ollieing onto the rail. With shuv-its, the board is flipping over because it hits the water halfway through the spin, so the fins and the edge catch. The spin itself seems pretty smooth, and the board is always under me, I'm just not spinning fast enough or getting enough pop. My front foot is prety close to where rukusrider indicated, only closer to my toe edge. I read that the back foot is supposed to be close to the heel edge, and the front foot is supposed to be close to the toe edge.
stu
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: bradenton

PostPosted: May 27, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u pretty much just answered ur own question. DONT use fins when ur first trying shuvits!!

"It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scott Jones
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for the tip on fins Havik. I hadn't really thought of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: