FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Brain probing FTW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOLD!en
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Edwards

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le Jalapeno, what exactly is that movie about? It looks quite interesting...
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump.
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let it go man, no real stimulation of consciousness can come from this thread reawakened...
Only bickering and hurt feelings. No one can experience truth in the same manner as another.

Just go read and look at the stars.

`

2 Legit 2 Quit

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick, it was worth a try, even if it's just people reading the past. Perhaps some will be able to look past the bickering and just get caught on a post containing some interesting knowledge? Who knows, somewhere in that thread may very well be an idea someone is looking for.

But, you can always lock it so it stays dead...

Ps. Im in need of some new reading material if you have any suggestions and I enjoy the stars every weekend from atop my houseboat.

mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: mob town

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only read the first page so feel free to delete this if it's been said, but what came first? the chicken or the egg?
scott a
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven M wrote:
Ps. Im in need of some new reading material if you have any suggestions and I enjoy the stars every weekend from atop my houseboat.
What kind of stuff are you looking for?
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott a, anything that is interesting.. Could be some psychology book, simple fiction, a book with some new physics stuff, a recollection of someones adventures .. i dont care, just need some new material..
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out snowboarding to nirvana by fredrick lenz.
Timebomb
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Johnson City TN

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Disappearing Spoon by Sam Kean
yookyle
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Reno

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please dont lock this thread. im on page four and im having a good time reading it, i love reading peoples views on shizzle
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if john connor didn't send kyle reese back would he have been born and would skynet have been created? ok so i thought this thread had more levity to it. after reading more of it i realized it's pretty "deep." I'm not calling any specific religions into play here, but inundating an infant and/or child into something like a religion for the most part guarantees a follower. if you tell a child that doing all of these things is bad and they will burn in hell they will probably crap their pants and want to do things that won't get them toasted. i personally don't think it's ok for any children to be taken to a house of worship of any kind until they are old enough to make their own decisions. it would be an awesome social experiment.

Last edited by mojo on Aug 25, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
yookyle
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Reno

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but if john connor never sent kyle reese back then their would be noone to control the resistance. haha
nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no intention of locking or deleting this thread...
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Austin

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven M, If you haven't already, Jonathan Livingston Seagull, by Richard Bach. You can probably find a paperback at a local bookstore for $0.75 or something. It's a refreshing story that i read pretty frequently. Between other books or during travels.
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slapdown, I own JLS along with many other Richard Bach books and quite a few from Paulo Coelho as well.

And thanks for the other suggestions...

nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2010/10/10/130480911/
2 Legit 2 Quit

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"....What is this, this thing called… consciousness—is this life or but a dream? What is this, what’s real? If you’re conscious of it, then it’s your reality.

Consciousness is an amazing thing, the key, if you ask me, to existing harmoniously. For you see, it’s—as I see it—everything. Consciousness, according to Dictionary.com and Random House Webster’s College Dictionary, is defined as the state of being conscious, or aware of one's own existence, sensations, thoughts, surroundings, etc. So, consciousness is just a level of awareness. This is where I feel that there is a problem laden, in that people are unconscious, unaware of their intimate connection to absolutely everything surrounding them. They view themselves as separate entities from their surroundings, not seeing that they’re one in the same, just vibrating energy. Because of their perspective of polarity consciousness (the act of perceiving reality in “black and white”, seeing everything as merely polar opposites e.g. “good” or “bad”, “up” or “down”, “here” or “there”, etc.) they lead a very limited existence.

A teacher once taught me that nothing in this world is merely black and white. He told the class that between two polar opposites there is an entire spectrum of grey, and that nothing is so simply “right” or “wrong”. Everything is interconnected and, considering such, there are too many variables to any given situation for it to be merely labeled as a polar extremity. In order to understand this, one must learn to consciously adapt to a new manner of perceiving, they must let adrift their over-inflated egos as they adhere to a new form of consciousness, unity consciousness.

Unity consciousness is a level of awareness leaving one with a cognizance and comprehension of the cosmos. When experiencing unity consciousness, one is actually one. By this I mean the individual experiencing unity consciousness looses his/her sense of individuality, they perceive themselves as merely another aspect of everything else, as they see that they really are the same thing as everything else, vibrating energy. And so, one becomes one with all within a newly found expansion of reality.

It isn’t until one becomes one that a human being let’s go of their individualized sense of reality. For you see, the basis of a being’s reality is dependent upon consciousness. Under the effects of polarity consciousness, an individual perceives his/her self as an individual, and so that is their reality, individualized isolation. When one is one, under the effects of unity consciousness, one’s sense of reality alters in a relative manner, revealing a whole new cognition of reality. This expanded consciousness strips a human being of his/her ego, leaving him/her naked and shivering with anticipation for new beginnings and an increased bodily energy flow. And it’s here, in the buff and the now, that an individual can realize that his/her individualized perception of reality is, undoubtedly, relatively biased. One can see from this elevated platform of consciousness that his/her former individualized sense of reality had been tethering them tightly underground to stalagmites in the darkness of the cave of his/her own ignorance.

As consciousness evolves, so does the one experiencing expand. And so, because of this expansion in consciousness, one finds the ability to connect with everything within reality. He/she learns when naked that his/her own individualized perception of reality is, well... insignificant. Everybody has an individualized sense of his/her own reality, and everybody’s individualized sense of that reality is, well… just that, an individualized sense of that reality. Everything is dependent upon consciousness, so, to the individual, if he/she is unconscious of the occurrence of a given event, to him/her, it never happened. But does just because a single individual wasn’t conscious of something happening mean it never happened? It only means it never happened for the individual, for he/she’s stuck perceiving with polarity consciousness. To everybody else who was conscious of the occurrence of the given event, however, it did happen. So to base reality solely by what an individual may or may have not been conscious of is not only inaccurate, but also arrogant and clothed by a three-piece suit of ignorance and ego. So I suggest you take off your clothes and open yourself to new experiences, for if you believe only that which you believe, you’re missing out on quite a bit of reality...."

copy/paste from a folder on computer where I save interesting stuff..

Thoughts?

And lets keep this topic off of bickering and fighting and more on the road to learning and evolving...

electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Aug 13, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that from a book or just some online site? I like it. It is weird but at times I've felt a connection to what is around me, especially through dreams. I like trying to build more awareness and increasing my connection to that, and your excerpt (sp) verified more of what I've felt.
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I it's just from another forum posted by a random person.

Another quote that sums it up from Bill Hicks

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

WERDna
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the physicist in me is currently thinking about...

Quantum Computing's use of quantum super-positioning and entanglement could possibly cripple our technologically growth spurting world tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day..

What the philosopher in me is currently thinking about....

" See, my soul misleads me, but I do not listen to it; draws me toward death ere (I) have come to it and casts (me) on the fire to burn me [...] it approaches me on the day of trouble and it stands on yonder side as does a ... Such is he who goes forth that he may bring himself for him. O my soul, too stupid to ease misery in life and yet holding me back from death ere I come to it, sweeten the West for me. Is it (too much) trouble? Yet life is a transitory state, and even trees fall. Trample on wrong, for my misery endures."

http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/texts/man_tired_of_life.htm

What the psychologist in me is currently thinking about...

David Reimer.

What the nerd in me is currently thinking about...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Add To Favorites

Jump to: