FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

popping bigger ollies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xley
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: May 16, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: popping bigger ollies Reply with quote

i can only ollie a litter higher than a deck right now, and i cant seem to get it any higher. what are some good tips for ollieing to the highest point? maybe i'll post a video later
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: May 16, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set bigger stuff up to ollie, it will force you to pop higher. When doing high ollies keep in mind you want to snap your back foot harder and suck the board up faster. Other than that just keep practicing.
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: May 16, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhhhhhhhh, feels so good. i just had like, the best session. i ollied higher than my previous p record, which was just like one deck lol, and i just ollied a couple inches higher than a deck a second ago. haha, not very high, but i'm getting somewhere. i've been skating soo much lately, my consistancy is getting a lot better. this summer is gonna be skating like everyday. i want to get video taped, cause i'm sure im ollieing higher than my target, plus video taping helps with form. ok well just thought i'd share my good times. cheers.
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: McHenry

PostPosted: May 16, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another idea to ollie higher is to ask your friends what it looks like cuz you could be doin something wrong, or just keep tryin them the more you do it the higher you will get.
Fredrick_Eisenhauer
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: W.A Australia

PostPosted: May 17, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, the board is only going to go as high as you jump so if you jump higher (assuming you have the correct tecnique) you will ollie higher. The harder you kick down on the tail the more pop you are going to get, if you have it correct slide your foot forward to level the board out and stomp the trick.

electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: May 17, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinach helps...spinach, red bull, and will power. Oh, it also helps if you can find the sweet spot on the tail, and work on your timing. If you find that sweet spot, high ollies feel somewhat effortless. And the sweet spot is not a myth...it's like a baseball bat, if you hit the ball on the sweetspot, it's magic.

And you said that you've been riding a lot, so that will help you a ton. Good luck on finding those snaps...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: