FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

snowboardin with out snow?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakebadass
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: McHenry

PostPosted: May 11, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: snowboardin with out snow? Reply with quote

it there anytihng i can use to slide like 10 feet to hit a rail on a snowboard, i heard astroturf works, but i dont wanna drop the cash if it will stop just like grass. cuztis summer but i wanna snowboard still.
wakesk8ordie
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Fond du Lac

PostPosted: May 11, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I have seen these ski jumps for olympic training for freestyle skiing where they have this huge hit that launches you into a swimming pool. You would obviously need to go down a hill for this to work out, but it looked like they just used a kind of hard plastic tiling, they were like these 6 x 6 plastic pieces that just fit together. Who knows where you could score those but I have also seen a homemade trainer made in a kids backyard. He just used a kind of hard plastic sheeting, probably comes in like 4 x 8 sheets. Either way you are really going to have to wet the surface down to be able to slide on it. It would be pretty rad having a path of that stuff set up going up to a rail that dropped into a pond or a pool. Don't forget the life vest though, ha.

Chris Fink
wakesk8ordie@excite.com
Fluid
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Simi Valley, CA

PostPosted: May 11, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember an episode of "Viva La Bam" where Bam put down a fake ice rink out of these plastic sheets which were very slippery. That might work, look around for something like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: