FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

WAKESKATERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
girlvswater
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: San Diego

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: WAKESKATERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

guys i desperately need all of your help! there is a cable park being proposed in san diego...where i live. and i sent in my two cents and i got this back.

Hello Lizzie:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the proposed Cable Ski Park at Santee Lakes. We think the proposed project will be a tremendous recreational opportunity for the children and families of Santee and the region. The cable park concept opens water sports to a completely new segment of the community… those that do not have access to or own a boat. It will provide school-aged children with a healthy after-school option.

The park will also generate sales tax revenue for the City and provide dollars for improvements to Santee Lakes. As you may know Padre Dam MWD owns and operates Santee Lakes. It is a self-funded park and campground. Santee Lakes does not receive tax or rate payer subsidy and must generate revenue to maintain it’s self-sufficiency. The cable ski park will be another source of revenue that will enable the park to continue it’s financial success and independence.

I want to encourage you to visit our website at www.santeelakes.com and click the link to the “Proposed Cable Ski Park”. The site has information about the project including video, photo simulations, renderings and FAQ.

This project is close to being abandon due to a number of vocal opponents. They do not want to see the park built. If this project is to be successful, citizens will need to let there opinions be heard. There are several ways to do that:

1. complete the survey online if you already haven’t done so: www.santeelakes.com click on “Proposed Cable Ski Park”. Let us know we have your support.
2. email your Santee City Council at: boards@ci.santee.ca.us
3. Attend the public meetings and REQUEST TO SPEAK to voice your support.
4. SEND THIS INFORMATION TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND ASK THEM TO SUPPORT THE PROJECT BY DOING THE ABOVE.

Santee Lakes has a 40 year history of service to our community. The Cable Ski Park will provide another beneficial recreation activity for children and families.

Thank you again for your interest.

Best Regards,

Allen Carlisle

Padre Dam Municipal Water District

619-258-4762

acarlisle@padre.org

www.santeelakes.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so guys lets all put in our two cents and get this thing rolling! i have no one to ride with and its right next to the college ill be going to so after school i could ride! PLEASE FILL OUT THE SURVEY AND HELP ME OUT!

PS. ILL LOVE YOU ALL FOREVER IF YOU DO <3 I HAVE LOTS OF LOVE NOW TO GIVE SO LETS DO IT!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Cable Riding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: