FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Follow Cam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wakeness450
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Pen-Island

PostPosted: May 08, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Follow Cam Reply with quote

i thought it would be a sweet idea to ride doubles on a cable and have one guy follow cam the other with a waterproof housing. it'd be such a sick shot Cool

-Travis Parker
sparrow.2
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Cologne/Germany

PostPosted: May 08, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did that over here and got some great shots! If you can try and screw the housing onto the helmet of the guy doing the filming. Makes things soooo much easier!

If you aren't fussed with picture quality then you could pic up the Oregon Scientific Helmet Cam http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/product.asp?cid=20&scid=77&pid=709

The clips you get out of it are definitely useable and great for video analysis to see what's going wrong on a particular trick. The Cam works a treat and I am really glad about it, because it makes seeing what's going wrong so much easier.
Wakeness450
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Pen-Island

PostPosted: May 08, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt there a cheap housing probably for just as much as that helmet cam

-Travis Parker
Larsen
Ollie
Ollie

City: Hannover/Germany

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

housings are mostly way more expensive than that camera right there. don't expect to find a housing that's any cheaper than what this camera costs. but on the other hand, the oregon cam doesn't deliver good quality (at least IMO), so you might do better with a good cam and a special waterproof housing for this one.

you can see the results in my latest video that you can download from my websites video section (see link below).

I don't think that mounting the camera to a helmet would be such a good idea. saw a video from a friend who used the oregon cam mounted to his helmet and most of the time the viewer was missing the action because he didn't look at what happened and so on. stay with the double line riding with one guy filming. holding the cam might be difficult, but at least you can see what you get.

K'jellman
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Stockholm/Sweden

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakeness450, me and a friend rode doubles after a boat and he was filming me. i took a long set, and when i was done and when we were going to look at the footage the tape had been messed up exactly where the footage was Crying or Very sad follow cam is cool as hell though!
delphi
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there larsen, nice comment on the helmet cam... wanted to buy but was scared to because of what you just explained.

by the way, do you know a sandro reinhardt wakeskater. he tells me theres a really good german skater out now. even christian gruener (maker of statement) was raving about him, but i havent seen any footage of him. im so curious to see how this mystery german riders rides. all the cable riding germans i have met so far this year would not stop raving about this guy... i tried looking at your site, but i dont understand german.

help please

bochner
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Miami

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do u think that the oregon scientific cam is good for shooting ur friedns on a normal basis. how bad is the quality. it would kinda cool to get on a tube and film from there with a waterproof camera. right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Cable Riding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: