FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

New Cassette Wakeskate Falls Apart After 2 days of use
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joey White
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well kyle have you ever ridden a symetrical concave versus a A-symetrical concave board?
kyle
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: ft. lauderdale/tampa

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i cut my deck in half and made it a symetrical, i had so much room to slide. no i have not ridden one yet, but e-snow is the only one raving about its greatness. the proof is in the pudding, and frankly, there is no pudding yet....unless you got some pudding for me
Joey White
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have ridden both and i perfer the a-symetrical to the symetrical because i'm not sure this is a my mind telling me this or what but i feel i can pop my ollies higher and tricks higher on a a-symetrical and i fell this way becasue i can feel that the tail is smaller and not soo bulky feeling of the symertrical decki guess its hard to explain. i'm not really sure and i havent noticed a difference on any sort of sliding though but what were you talking about your cut your deck in half i know you were being sarcastic but for what reason i have no idea you have a symetrical deck i mean i guess it could have been a joke but i guess its just not funny
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I read that post, the more I can see how misinformed you really are. Cassette IS the competiton. Honestly, their designs are light years ahead of what most others are doing (but you probably don't understand that yet). I've said this before, but in the butter book thomas talks about how he really has to consider whether or not an idea is worth putting out there because the public may not be ready for it--he doesn't want any good ideas to go to waste. Now, if he was all about gimmics and market trends, he wouldn't give a damn whether or not the public was ready for it or not, and he wouldn't go out of his way to make sure an idea isn't wasted, or a picture is out there that people aren't going to appreciate. So you can keep on spewing your marketing theories but they don't always apply.

Secondly, if thomas and aaron didn't like the extra surface area, they could easily scrap the 4trac design, or come up with some other "marketing scheme"--I'd say it's based on rider preference. And I'd say it's total BS if they're willing to make the majority of their concave line a-symmetrical. I guess we'd better ask some skaters whether or not a larger nose helps them because they were the first ones to implement this idea and they were the first ones to do the tricks we're doing today. If it was useless, the design would have died YEARS ago. Do you skate at all? Do you like the steeper kick in the nose of a skateboard? I do, in fact, I almost prefer it...

But I will say your theory sounds delightful and I have no doubt that the gate was conceived because of it. But since you're so concerned about this 4trac malarky, you can put together this study and tell us what you find.

By the way, I'm done arguing with you.

kyle
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you honestly think that if thomas had a new idea that was going to progress the sport, he wouldnt put it out there? no i dont skateboard, but this isnt skateboarding is it, and since you like the steeper nose, it must be the way to go. im glad your done arguing with me, i hate arguing with chicks
hpdvs
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, actually, I do think he'd save a good idea. Whether you realize it or not, Thomas is quite insightful and I'm impressed (another rider you could add to that list is schmaltz...genius). Yet another thing you don't understand.

You're right, this isn't skating, but that doesn't mean that technology isn't applicable and can't cross over.

That's ok that you don't like to argue with chicks--I'm sure you hate being wrong. Either that or you don't like the fact that they'll put up a fight...

And I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that it's because of sexist jerko44s like you that encourage my decision to be vague when it comes to personal information.

Good day!!

Last edited by electricsnow on Jan 29, 2004 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joey White
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but elictric snow i'm not trying to argue with you but i dont skateboard to much but i do believe the bigger nose helps you becuase of catching your foot when you slide it up to kickflip or ollie correct me if i'm wrong? but in wakeskating you don' really slide your foot up too much and even on kickflips where you do slide your foot up you dont ever get to the nose or your board you kick your foot off way to the side.
RUSSIAN
Integrity Sheep

City: Where's my beer

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"cassette needed to put out a "new" product because its competitors are way ahead of their ideas."
please tell me what competitors are way ahead of them........
onthewater
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Chicago burbs

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES has the gloves off (and happens to be quite accurate too). Please don't get any blood on the forums kyle and J.

On a side note, I can't wait to see some Integrity skates. If they are anything like the persevearance they will be leading the pack.

Catalyst
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Kelowna

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the best way to be able to make the board flip better is to try and give em a little leverage. Like skateboards have the whole kicktale thing so u can pop higher and kickflip high (ie ollies over picnic tables). Also because skateboards are leveraged you can pressure flip the board around with minmal effort. I think if a wakeskate was leveraged somehow the main board could becom smaller making flip tricks easier. Kickfliping a skate deck is a lot easier than kickfliping a giant peice of wood. as you come out of the water quiker (due to leverage) you will be able to get the flip around quicker. Im not sure if this sounds confusing or not but there has to be a way to make the boards higher sitting and easier flipping. Thats sorta why i think the gat was a good idea but can totaly be improved on. Maybe a sorta divergning mirror desing would work (concave top and rounded bottom) . Or maybe a more boyant material should be used. Oh well thats my two cents over time new ideas will develope and people will progress. Just look at wakeboards.
jer_d
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: vancouver, bc

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u sound like a scientist
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Catalyst
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha its just an idea but i think it would work. Shocking <--- its cool cause it flashes
kyle
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalyst, make it stop, it is nausiating
Joey White
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i see catalyst what you are talking about but its just like the gate i mean it might help your ollie a little bit because of the kicktails but no matter what when you put more pressure on the tail the board goes deeper under water its not like a kicktail on a skateboard where you ahve the ground to push off on i mean i hope this isnt confusing but what are your guy's outlooks on this?
kyle hyams
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: maitland

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, try not to jump down her throat or anything... so yea they can be an "updated version of the 4trac", but now it's also offered in different sizes (i.e., the Reed 41). For instance, I enjoy riding a 41 more than a 42 (even though it is just an inch difference), so if I go to buy an 04 Cassette, than I would go with the Reed model.

Just like any new product out there, there is going to be some noteable trial and error. I'm sure if you try to contact Thomas and those guys, maybe they can help you out. I had a friend whose '03 Drew 43" started to split like 2 or 3 days after he got it, it had not been ridden that much yet. He went by the warehouse and spoke with Thomas about it, and Thomas was very understanding and replaced the deck. Now to me that sounds like good business ethics.

IMO, the prices are not that much more expensive than last season's models. I could be wrong b/c I don't have the prices right in front of me, but aren't the asymmetrical decks only like $220 or around there?

Crap, I missed the whole second page. I'm still going with electricsnow on this one. I'm pretty sure that Thomas isn't in it just for the money, therefore I would agree with him if he thinks that some designs shouldn't be released yet. That goes to show that maybe he's more interested in seeing the sport progress in the right direction. And if that is the case, than I am behind him 100%

That's enough out of me, you guys (and gals) have made me late for class. Cussing
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right onthewater, but your post is a little late (if you get my drift--I'm not going into specifics here. )

Catalyst, for whatever reason, it was found that a rounded bottom would not work with a wakeskate (I suppose it has to do with hydrodynamics). You could make a skate lighter (pump more air into the foam) but that will compromise strenghth, and a heavier skate (to a certain extent) is actually helpful with wakeskating because of cross winds and t-storms.

Kyle H, the prices of almost every skate on the market has droped. The compression molded hypes are like 220-230, the concave cassettes are like 200 with the 4tracs being 220 (foam tops add a little bit to the cost as well), and the liquid force decks are cheaper in price as well. It's a nice year for wakeskates.

RUSSIAN
Integrity Sheep

City: Where's my beer

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RUSSIAN wrote:
"cassette needed to put out a "new" product because its competitors are way ahead of their ideas."
please tell me what competitors are way ahead of them........

I'm waiting........
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this thread Very Happy
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must say it is quite riveting..... Shocking ( flash guy will make it better)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Add To Favorites

Jump to: