FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

frontside boardslides (skateboard)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy ross
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: San Marcos

PostPosted: May 16, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: frontside boardslides (skateboard) Reply with quote

how do you do them ?
Wakeskate941
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Vtown and SRQ

PostPosted: May 16, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trick tip: Front boardslide

1. Ollie.

2. Turn.

3. Slide.

4. Land.

5. Give your friends the bird and ride away clean.

that should help

... double kickflip front board to a mcnasty grab out over a 13 set handrail pool gap landing one footed switch stance.
el
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: May 16, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmk, as somebody who is still working on them on the water, I can tell you taking your fins off to learn them is really nice. Just give it a gentle cut up the wake, and as you reach the top and start turning backside, turn the handle down, and keep your head from dipping down behind you, that is an almost guaranteed slip-out. Turn it and look where you are going. That's about all the thought I put into it, let's hear what our pro wake rails have to say...
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 16, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

el, on a skateboard rail man.
el
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 16, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shite... hahaha I didn't even see the forum it was in... I can actually help you with these. There's sort of two ways to do them, to fakie or back to regular, and they are really different feeling to me. I suggest you have backside 180s down pretty solid before doing either one.

First I learned them to fakie because I feels like a slow backside 180. Come up to the rail at a really really slight angle or else your trucks will hit the rail as you're sliding. Give it a good ollie on, but if you ollie too high you'll slip out really easily when you land on the rail... stay over the board the whole time. It's going to feel akward leaning back that much, and you'll probably slip out the first few times anyway. Just make sure to stay over the board and do not dip your head down, because again, that is guaranteed slip out. So you're sliding along and the end of the rail is coming. You can either be looking over your shoulder or if you are feeling hot you can do it without looking at the rail while you're sliding and know when the end is... but the end of the rail is here and you should push down on your front foot just a little bit as you pivot around the last ninety degrees. It helps to really shift your shoulders with it. Do your best to land with even weight on both feet and ride away like a champ. These are easy to learn, but hard to do on longer rails.

OK, frontside boardslides back to regular, these were a pain in the ass to learn but now they feel a lot easier than to fakie. Same idea of getting on the rail without a lot of angle blah blah, but while you're sliding, look over your shoulder and try hard to look where you are going because this will keep you in good sliding form. Again, try not to lean back towards your toes or you will slip out. Look at the end of the rail and kind of keep your eyes locked on it. When you come to the end push down on your back foot and swing your shoulders back to help get yourself straightened out... it's also a good idea to go just a little bit faster than you would think you should because you can lean into a good position easier without the risk of catching on the rail and getting pitched onto your ass. Have patience, it took me a while to learn this, but it really paid off. Any questions?

Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 16, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, I have so little going on tonight that I uploaded an old clip of me doing a tiny step up rail. It's pretty crappy, but just take notes on my body position. Eagle arms and dodging a poorly placed grinding curb are optional Laughing

http://www.wakeskating.com/media/showphoto.php?photo=1436&sort=1&cat=510&page=1

Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 16, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

el, im just confused on how much of an angle i need to come from and how fast i need to be going.
el
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 16, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straight on as you possibly can and fast enough to ollie a 3 stair... just go try it, you'll figure it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: