FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Posting Conversations - ALL USERS PLEASE READ!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: Posting Conversations - ALL USERS PLEASE READ! Reply with quote

Please refrain from holding conversations on the message board that consist of 100 one or two word posts going back and forth between two people. Although this can be fun for the two participating, it is very boring for everyone else to read. This gets very aggravating to other users when a conversation such as the one mentioned above takes place in the middle of a valid discussion. You can still have fun by following the rules.

Thanks!

Here is an example of what I consider a "conversation thread" Keep in mind that that each line is a new post and they are posted only seconds apart from each other (ie: it is obvious that both people are on their computer at the same time):

Person 1: "I like girls."
Person 2: "Me too."
Person 1: "Girls are neat-o."
Person 2: "Yeah"
Person 1: "I know a girl."
Person 2: "Me too!"
Person 1: "Her name is Jenny."
Person 2: "The girl I know is not named Jenny."
Person 2: "Her name is Kim."
Person 1: "Whoa! That's crazy."
Person 2: "Yeah"

Last edited by Dave Barousse on Oct 03, 2003 10:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
DockSecret
Ollie
Ollie

City: Austin

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's annoying cause it was always at the top of the list. All it seems you guys we're trying to do was to increase your post count. First off, posts like that and "creamy or crunchy", took up space in a server. You guys coud easily have discussed such things over a chat program such as AIM instead of slowly drain Dave's server. It's not like the guy can make a living off this website...

Instead of a petition, why not come up with some logical arguments on why this hello topic was so great or why it was fun to even have around. As much effort as it takes for me to avoid that chat, the same amount of effort it takes for you guys to use a chat program.

"You better watch who you are calling a child Lois. 'Cause if I'm a child, then you know what that makes you? A pedophile, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna stand here and be lectured by a pervert." - Peter Griffin
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: