FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Retailers Pulling Bilevels
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enigma
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Retailers Pulling Bilevels Reply with quote

I usually just lurk here occassionally, but I just saw on www.wakeboardamerica.com that some retailers have pulled the bilevels due to warranty concerns. It seems as though the bilevels are easily broken, very easily.

I know they were designed to break, but if you cant even buy them, then there is a problem.

I love Cassette and hope that this is only a rumor, but if its true, then it could be real trouble.
PIRATE

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS just in:

integs are the shizzle and you dont have to worry about that sort of thing...... Laughing

on a seriouse note i hope that is just a rumor i dont see how they could stay afloat if they have another year like last year. i actually wish them the best. ( i know im a integ nazi but i honestly would hate to see a rider owned co. go under )

itch or indefinite can seddle this probably
TTUFAN24
Something Clever

City: HOUSTON

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIRATE,
Quote:

im a integ nazi

really? i might get one this season. hard to want a new board when you have a CWB Lucky and a Gate. (#1 and #2 boards of all time)

seriously, they dont need anymore problems 2 years in a row. people on this site and wakeskaters in general are die-hard cassette fans, but waiting from 2004 to 2006 just to get a board will probably turn people away. i still want to ride a bi-level though.

G-squadriderz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Walnut Creek/NOR*CAL

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is funny we should just get one thread for people to tell their cassette bi-level horror stories.
Nekkie
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tahiti baby!

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here goes, as I went rinding 2 days ago I noticed a crack on the side of my tail... I said f*ck it and still went riding. Didn't even notice any difference, and since it was a split inbetween 2 layers the board didn't even get waterloged LOL. And ince it was under the grip I didn't worry about loosing a piece of wood Very Happy

When I'm sure I wont ride for a day or two I'll just clean it up, glue it well, seal it and it will all be forgotten.

I can understand they are pulling some boards off the shelves but it isn't that bad...

Of course you shouldn't have to repair your board after 10ish pulls ^^

Still, it's a new design, first buyers are crash dummies. Has always been like that for anything new...

Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be some truth to this rumor. I just checked buywake.com (guys at wakeboardamerica.com know most of the guys at buywake) and the bilevel is no longer listed on their site. Now maybe they are just sold out since the Atlanta boatshow was this past weekend or maybe the rumor is true. I hope this isn't true. I just bought one and have not had any problems with it yet (after only about 5 rides though). I guess we'll see.
Morphine
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: 706omg

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's still going strong, I've a few little scratches on the paint, but that's it. Maybe I got the only good one Laughing
GTSC03
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Augusta

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Ambush/BuyWake Reply with quote

I was at Ambush in Atlanta this weekend while up there for the Falcon's game and they didn't have any there and said that BuyWake was having to return theirs do to delam problems. Per Ambush they said they weren't sure when either they or BuyWake would be getting replacements. This sucks as I was going to get one and try it out this upcoming weekend while I'm done in Fla visiting some family. Hopefully it's only a temporary setback.
snead
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those guys at wakeboardamerica are dic-k-s.

Anyway, I heard the same thing re: the bilevel.

Outside of a mfg problems, I don't see why mfg's should have to warrenty thier board....I mean if I grab my skate board and go outside and break it.....I'm gonna have to buy a new one....same with a surf board.

I think they should change their stance on warrenty to just mfg problems.

Of course then there would need to be a supply of top decks for the bi-level....
catalyst112
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: fountain valley

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron reeds board was coming completely apart but im sure he rides his a lot more than others. both decks too, not just the bottom like mine. however, all he'll have to do is snap his fingers and another board will appear under his feet.
Greg T
Skeezer

City: ohio

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catalyst112, you really like to drop that name alot. but i guess who wouldnt?
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at expo i talked to thomas and i told him that i hear people have been breaking their bi's and he said it happens and that they do it alot but it is a board and its not industrable. i agreee with the fact that no one else has warrenties with their boards but it is nice to be like i broike my board and get a new one
Nekkie
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tahiti baby!

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peace on earth would be nice too Very Happy

How many times have I seen a guy setup his skateboard only to snap it after one trick... You wouldn't think about sending it back to the mfg. Boards break, that's all there is to it.

Now we are talking about a $300 board so that's something else. If they can get single replacement decks at retailers that would be cool. Hope they won't go over $80-100 ... Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll get to ride mine alot before I have to change it. No prob doing small repairs myself

Oh, and it is the top board that delamed on mine, so I guess it can happen to both decks Neutral

Backside 180
Backside 180

City: longwood

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the alliance gear guide they interview horrell and he says single decks are about $100
itch
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Battle Creek

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not heard of anybody pulling decks from the consumers. And I will not believe it until I hear it from my BOSS or the owners of said shops.
All this is, right now is a rumor.
We have replaced some decks from our first pressing but not anymore than from any other batch in history.
Now remember kids all first runs are subject to more possiable (notice I said possiable) problems. After the first run things are changed in the manufacturing process and it all evens out. EVERY COMPANY (except Integrity) has these problems.
I remember the first batch of Trips busted as soon as you stressed them Liquid Force took care of its customers
AND SO WILL CASSETTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Da Hey Zues, I wish some of you would grow up and or just shut your mouths.
ITCH

www.integrity-wake.com
www.cdifins.com
PIRATE

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itch, thanks for saying except for integ... cause i didn't want to have to type that.
nichSloan
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine looks like it did the day I got it, no problem signs at all...already lasted longer than my K-39 and my friends skate. Even so, I would buy a replacement deck if need be, if they are reasonably priced.
s34n
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Charleston Lake

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some strange feeling that people with delamed decks are simply treating them like sh*t. The odd case, yeah, its a defective product. But those of you who have had a delammed deck, how did you treat it? After riding, did you just throw it on the dock and let it bake in the sun? I personally cannot see destroying decks like some of you do. This isn't a $50 skateboard that you can toss around and not care about... I personally treat my decks like a snowboard - take it inside after every use, dry it out, and dont whip it around. It's an expensive item, so why treat it like sh*t? I haven't owned 10 decks to really have proof here, it's just a gut feeling I have.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s34n, I totally agree. I hate the way I see my friends treat their stuff, then complain when it breaks.
linear perspective

City: Durham

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s34n, i'll have to agree with that as well, i have a cassette concave that i have used for that past 2 summers, and it is still in great condition.

another thing, the site says "due to warranty concerns". not because people had been returning their boards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: