FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

impossible video question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Media and Technology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: impossible video question Reply with quote

ya i got it on film, but one problem, ok here it is. the dude only has a firewire cord. his internet conputer does not alow fire wire but will alow usb, is there a usb/firewire adapter? his firewire cord goes into his mac and his mac is not on the net becuase its only used for video editing. any help would be awsome becuase there are a few more things that he is going to help me get on video and stuff and i would like to put them on my wakepics site. as soon as we get this figured out we can get the video up.

Last edited by greg van wagnen on Oct 15, 2003 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nekkie
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tahiti baby!

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope greg sorry, no firewire/usb adaptor that I know of...

What he could do is get the video and edit it on his mac and then he just burns it on a cd.

can't wait to check out the vids greg!!

Raley

City: orlando

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome cant wait to see it!
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the dudes is going to post it tomorrow from school. so around 3 or 4 he said it should be up. but i have class tomorrow till like 10 and then its party time so if he just puts it in my wakepics.com thing and doesnt post it go to this link http://www.wakepics.com/member/gregvanwagnen
it should be up tomorrow by 4ish and if not then youll just have to wait longer Laughing but well get it figured out sooner or later

Yuri
Raley

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its going to be insane how long is the movie?
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no movie yet it will just be the impossible clip. we just started filming today and i hope to get some footage from a wakeboard boat and some rail stuff and maybe a few different angles on some of the stuff if possible. but it shouldnt take to long to get finished.
BillJ
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekkie had a great suggestion. After he edits the video he'll need to output it in either Quicktime, Windows Media, or mpeg format for posting. So just burn that file to a cd and then you can upload it from any PC that has an internet connection and a cdrom drive.
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if he burns the file onto disk it will play the video even though its not a dvd burner? and what about going from mac to pc, that seems to not be a good thing. the editing conputer is a mac and the internet conputer is a pc and my conputer is a pc also.
freerider4
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u could transfer back on to a video camera and then just transfer the clip from the video camera to another computer.
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave i didnt want it here no one will ever find it in here. Crying or Very sad but its ok we got it all figured out now so it doesnt matter, thats for the help guys
Yuri
Raley

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg van wagnen, i know dave keeps moving everything we put on the general wakeskating to its right place sometimes i dont like it because people cant see it!!!
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't people see it? When you go to the index page of the forum, there are big orange images next to the forums that have new posts since the last time you visited the site. Then once you choose a forum, there are more images to give you the status of topics since you last visited. And finally, once you chose a topic, there are more orange images to show you the latest posts in the topic since you last visited. I also have a summary of all new topics on every other page of the site. And you can also see how many views each topic gets. That is quite extensive exposure, don't you think?

Also, I usually leave a shadow of the topic in the forum that I move it from that is basically a link to the topic in it's new location, but I accidently unchecked that option when I moved this topic. I made mulitple forums for a reason. If I were to just leave everything in General Wakeskating, I could have saved myself a lot of time by not creating all of the other forums.

The shadow will look like:

MOVED: Topic title

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miyagi suggest that you quit being white belts and post in the correct forum. Cobra Kai would never allow this kind of behavior.
Pat McCarthy

City: Eugene

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also post it in the Wakeskating Videos section at http://photos.wakeboarder.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Barousse, i was just joking, i know it should have been here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Media and Technology All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: