FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

putting together a bi-level?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nichSloan
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: putting together a bi-level? Reply with quote

I took the damn thing apart and can't get it back together. I got it brand new from a company in WA but they put it together before shipping it to me. I rode it once, got curious and took it apart. I know how it goes together, and I can get it almost all together, but the last screw wont go in the hole straight, the last hole wont line up just right. The very last screw is sticking out about a centimeter but is all the way tight because it goes in crooked. I tried searching the archives and found no anwers. Anyone know the proper technique? Evil or Very Mad Question
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotwake83, dont tighten any one bolt first, just get them all started and tighten them down evenly, a little at a time on each screw in a cross pattern
itch
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Battle Creek

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KENTO SO SMART
Listen to him kids for he knows the way.
itch

www.integrity-wake.com
www.cdifins.com
Nekkie
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tahiti baby!

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg, the same thing happened to me when I assembled it, so I just saaid screw it, poured a ton of locktite in the mutha so it wont unscrew by itself and went riding with a screw higher than the others Very Happy

I tried redoing it, but even without the boards I can clearly see that one of my screws doesn't screw in as deep as the others... Maybe I fizzle it up when I tried to screw it in the first time :/ I could always try to cut the screw to make it shorter but I couldn't bother, so I just used locktite on each screw and it holds pretty well. I tried doing as Kento said on the second try, but it was the same.

"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess knowing how to put things together with a screwdriver is becoming a lost art? Confused
nichSloan
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man that shizzle is hard. Ive built many things with only a handheld screwdriver, but as Nekkie said, that last bolt kinda sticks out a little more than the rest. Im just gonna cut the end off and make it a bit shorter. Kento has it, you just gotta put one screw in a little at a time and tighten them all up after you have all the screws in. You think locktite is the best to use on wood? I want to seal the screw holes with something that will keep the water out, what would the best thing be? maybe plumbers Goop?
Andrew Wilson
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: lighthouse point

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jst put it together like a skateboard put on all the bolts loosely then tightnen them
Zack
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: lhp

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Wilson, nice!! lol Twisted Evil Cool
Andrew Wilson
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: lighthouse point

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zack, woo hoo
nichSloan
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

jst put it together like a skateboard put on all the bolts loosely then tightnen them

Hey Andrew Wilson, prior to your indepth and thought out advise, did you actually try and put one together yourself, or are you just assuming that it is that easy?
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotwake83, i would put some silicon glue in the holes and then push all the screws through pushing out a lil glue and tighten and u will get a water tight seal
Zack
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: lhp

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotwake83, i think he was assuming
nichSloan
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, that's what I'll use. Are you familiar with (plumbers) Goop? Isn't it a type of silicon glue made especially for water exposed areas?
Nekkie
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tahiti baby!

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The locktie isn't to keep the water from going in. I couldn't care less about that since the aluminum pads or what ever they are made of, have water drainage holes at the bottom.

The locktite will hold the screw in the metal plate. I should never have to worry about them loosening.

Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itch, LOL, thanks, BTW I am getting that info for you pretty soon, but Im off work for the rest of the week, so Ill get their address and ph, when I go back, it's kinda funny that I don't know my own jobs address and ph number, b/c I never mail or call the shop, I just call my friends cell, but anyways thanks for the help, maybe Cassette should include a little card with directions, for the screw driver challenged LOL
Morphine
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: 706omg

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassette does include a piece of paper in there that tells you how to put it together Very Happy. Anyway, I had some trouble putting mine together, I got a really little screwdriver and wedged it in one of the holes to keep it all lined up and took it out when I had screwed in the other three. Pretty simple, I even used EXTRA screwdrivers, beat that Kento!
hammer49
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: longwood

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do yuo think it would be a good idea to put some kind of wood lamanint (sp?) on the decks before you put them together so they would be stronger and not crack as easy? im set on getting a bi level but i wanna do everything possable to make sure it doesnt prematurly crack
PIRATE

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked when i got my integ i had to take it out of the box whooo man that wore me out anyone know a eisier way ??? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

maybe were starting to see why cassette didn't put them together themselves. probably would have taken alotlonger to get your boards
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate, pirate, there you go again, talking about something you know NOTHING about. There is a reason they arrived un-assembled, and part of it has to do with the laziness of not having anything to do with the construction of your board. It's about customization and interaction with your board, and learning how it works. It's all explained on one of the bi-level instructional manuals, so borrow one from a nice friend and read it before you go wahh wahh waahhhing on a message board.

Or, ask dave. Because he discussed it with thomas (as to whether or not they should assemble them) and he could shed some light on the subject.

kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's bitchin that they come un-assembled, it reminds me of when I used to get my skate decks, and put them all together then I'd be all stoked to go skate, gooood tiiiiimes good tiiiimes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: