FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Istudiomo book, film release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Dec 15, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Istudiomo book, film release Reply with quote

I'm starting a new thread so the message doesn't get lost. (at the very least, I will hear this echo through the sporadic silence of the forum. Wink )

Anyway, all I want to say is buy the book or donate to andrew. I did both, and had I known the video was going to be free, I would have donated much earlier. I read his words and is cliche as it is, it sounds like a labor of love. And if you love wakeskating, it's your turn to support it!

Thank you andrew, and all of the riders for your commitment...it is so neat to have folks push something so hard just for the sake of it, because clearly there's no money as the reward.

David_Roehm
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Austin

PostPosted: Dec 16, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, I know your donation and all the donations for that matter are truly appreciated. You will love the coffee table book, they are 370 pages of awesome stories and photos giving everyone an idea of what it was like going on these trips during the making of ISTUDIOMO.

I seriously recommend scooping one if you want something tangible in this day and age. Kid has an immense passion for Wakeskating. All he wants is to see Wakeskating grow and be brought to as many eyes as possible, and to potentially spark that love for Wakeskating in others. I’m so proud as a brother to see what he has accomplished! Thank you Kid! I know we all appreciate your hard work!

How about that Cole Kraiss!?! What an animal!! Smash and Nollie Flips!?! Whaaa?! Crazy Eyes
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Dec 17, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cole really put his body on the line for his part. I'm sure everyone did, but I feel like there has to be a reason why some of his bails were included in his part.

And it does not surprise me that andrew is the one who brought nollie flips to his part! His Slate section was really next level when it came to nubs and figuring out how to pop on some of those rails. So with what he was doing there...the nollie flip seems natural for him.

The scale of this thing is epic...Andrew talks about certain things looking more professional with a budget, but there isn't anything to this that looks UNprofessional.

At any rate, I just think this project is incredible and it's a testament to the character of the folks in it. Anything you learn from wakeskating or boardsports (or probably any athletic pursuit) totally crosses over into real life. And this is a great example of folks testing themselves, finding their very best to accomplish a goal, be it a trick or this video, the most diverse premiere schedule or a huge coffee table book. It's all trailblazing simply for the sake of it.

And I will add that Andrew and nick's "spring" section for that season series is something I still watch regularly. With nick going to remote at that time, it some how felt like a new era of wakeskating for me and it was really invigorating. To see this video gives me another great sense of pride for being a rider and witnessing the latest and most epic creation for wakeskating to date.

POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant wait for my book to show.

I have been too slammed at work, I've watched it (half brained) a few times after work, I cant remember everything but I do know:

This is probably the best wake movie ever. It had everything. It all felt inclusive. You wouldn't even have to really like wake sports to enjoy it. The tech was there for all the fanboys. The gaps were so big everyone in the wake game will have to recognize. Ollie's grab down that gap was as good as any snow/wake/skate tweak drop gap grab could be done. I can't even get into everyone's part because I own each section a few more hundred re-watches.

Thank you to all those involved. Filling my soul with every turn/trick/shot yall captured.

Can't wait to check out the book and see all the extra shots in it.

POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

36:30

good lord

electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew pastura will be one Of the greatest folks to have ever come from wakeskating. Yes, he is the most cutting edge rider and has been for years and years, but all of that comes from character and work ethic. I am constantly amazed how he puts his body on the line, and the biggest thing he will get from that is pride (aside from earning a “living wage.”) I also respect his continuous commitment to wakeskating in the form of water monsters. It’s but one more outlet for him to express his vision and hone his talent. I don’t know where he’ll end up in life, but he is truly a special human. He is one of the folks that keeps me proud of wakeskating, and proud to be a wake-skater. That said, Andrew roehm did an incredible job of representing his talent through this film.

And kudos to all. Andrew’s section is just the tip of the ice burg.

“Feel good film of the year.”

“Two thumbs up.”

“Heart warming”

“Face melting”

dirtyohioriver22
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: cincy

PostPosted: Dec 21, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for making the video free brosepths bc im broke ATM,, if im never not broke ill donate a mcdonalds order amount for some food,,,

electricsnow wrote:
Yes, he is the most cutting edge rider and has been for years and years,

errrr thats an opinion

NT and andrew BS 180 over the fallen tree gap of death was epic but i thought nicks was a little cleaner,,, NT 360 flipp that 3 long 3 block looking drop and back lipped that cement ledge and had some cool 50-50s in his part,,,,

I thought most entertaining part was ollie moore's has a cool style of riding also the dude before him hit some huge gaps,

that cement bank they were all going into the one nt hardflipped into was sketch ,, this whole movie was sketch

THEY ALL put their bodys on the line for this , but what about that one dudes slam into the cement wall damnski mcdamnski

always thought a natgeo/wakeskating film would be cool,, im guessing waiting for the animals and birds to come out and migrate to get the right clips is why this film took so many years to make, JK absolutely loved the nature shots and the beautiful places!! loved the cinemaphotography and high quality,,,

music was cool for the first two songs,, but wouldve liked some more energetic songs or punk rock but to each his own,,

awseome film almost becoming desensitized to good riding bc everyones so good so when i see things like 360 body variels, no complies,, 50/50s , monster gap ollies,, it wakes me up

electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about how riding has evolved since the days of Thomas’s Horrell, and how stoked he must be on what’s going down. Anyway, one point of evolution is the only lip tricks in this video were done on waterfalls and not a boat wake. Laughing
overstreet31
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Lumberton

PostPosted: Dec 25, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have watched the film a couple times now and still amazed at the quality of riding and filming and editing in this true full length feature. Still can’t wait to watch it a lot more times. Can’t believe this is a free movie but THANK YOU! To everyone involved and that was/is a part of this awesomeness. To say Andrew put his heart and soul into this is an understatement and it definitely shows. Also received my book the other day and just as expected, second to none. High quality and something I look forward to showcasing on my office desk for the foreseeable future. Look forward to donating and glad to contribute as much as I can to projects like this. I know what I do is small compared to what it takes to make something like this but glad to help as much as I can. Thank you all again and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Dec 26, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christmas Eve I got my book. Cool

This is next level.

WERDna
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the kind words; glad everyone enjoyed it. Couldn't thank everyone who was involved enough; and everyone who watched it. Special thanks to those of you that donated or bought a coffee table book. Istudiomo has been an unbelievable experience to say the least.

Interested to see where wakeskating goes from here.

Cheers dotcom'ers.

andrew roehm

electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to all of that, your film has inspired a few new songs to my playlists for snowboarding! So many wins from this! Cool Laughing
WERDna
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, Nice!

There's a link to the full soundtrack here:

https://open.spotify.com/user/1288088224/playlist/2lzbsByzUKyuu52USCoTvN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: