FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

sadness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asterisk1
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: sadness Reply with quote

tell me I'm crazy, but does it look like buywake is only selling taos now?

https://www.buywake.com/riding-essentials/wakeskates
senorbueno
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it’s still a bit early to see next year’s products, but Hype has nixed the Catalyst line for sure and possibly the Byerly skates. Haven’t seen anything from Remote or Watermonsters for next year’s line but looks like Hooker may have been riding a new graphic in his clips. There is still Virtue/Project and a couple of other small brands for the American market, and I guess you have Reed’s bilevel for sale at Ronix.

Middle of the summer I was on the lookout for the Remote postage stamp series but I either looked too late or they just didnt release that many skates. Looked like there were some on sale in Europe though

The contraction of the sport the past few years doesn’t bode well for the future. I wonder if Grubb will stay on hype and still promote their wakesurf boards, move on to another deck, or pursue other roads
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Oct 23, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew has been riding one of his new WM graphics. I saw two different graphics posted.

Performance and active had the remotes, and I think they were sold out by mid july or august.

POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Oct 23, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stay with it. Keep up with the sites and board co's.

I have been super happy with the WM from last year.
Same build as the Remotes. Held up well. Might see a bit more weight and shape for next year. So I would definitely recommend a WM, or the Remote.

The Virtues/Projects look amazing, and I really hope that takes off for them. I might have to pull the trigger and give one a rip sometime next year.

I jumped off the Big Corp boards in 08-09 and never looked back. Remote , WM and the other small batch options out there have us all covered.

I think its better for wakeskating not having large companies deciding on the teams, budgets, shapes, quantity of skates. We can support people who truly like the sport, and who want to make sure the right guys are getting the benefits of the efforts they are putting into wakekating.

I've also rode the TAO in 40, and the 41 and there is nothing wrong with that skate. I really like it. No reason that they need to make more than one skate in a few sizes. It is a great cable board, great ski/small boat board. I didn't think it had enough weight to ride choppy water behind a big boat for me , but there is plenty of people who can make it work. (my go to is a remote 41 Horan thick boy for big boat)
I think Reed is the only one riding that RONIX anymore.
Not sure when the last Grub skate was sold, Morlang was riding a cut one on that SpaceMob Edit. Probably their last ditch attempt to get some new life on their skate. Manzari is STILL killing it on that CWB ONSET. (someone should pick him back up).

I also really think those LEAF's look like superb craftsmanship.
And Mitch will apparently make you a GRAIN according to your request.
Also those Pividi and Heca's are kinda interesting but not sure on US availability.

Wakeskating is alive and well, just looks different now.

I think the major reason for the lack of product is multi-faceted, just like the wakeboard sales right now.
Boards are better than they were. For the majority of riders they last more than a few seasons now. There is more division of riding now, cable riders have changed what board companies need to make work/hold up to. Most boat , ski riders don't put the wear on a board like it used to get over a season.
Also there are more options for shapes, and styles. I think taking all of that into account it will be harder for those outlets to project their orders and local riders necessity. I bet we will see more of that become like snow , where majority of the riders will go direct to the manufacturer to purchase the board. It's not as simple as placing an order of a few hundred flight 69's because everyone rides the same board, binding, and behind a boat.

There is a whole development of riding professionalism right now too.

People can just film parts now and keep a sponsor, co, board.
Dog days, Istudiomo, Coalition.
I think its tight.
Nothing wrong with riding contest , but like ski/snow , people can now go out pour a year or two into a project and it carry more relevance to their industry relations than it used to. So I hope more of this continues.
Many of these kind of sports have always had ups and downs. I like whats going on and I think it shows a positive shift in direction. No longer is wakeskating a little brother forced onto its big brother by mom and dad to tag along.

senorbueno
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 23, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hype or Liquid Force has probably sold more decks individually than all the other brands combined. It’s concerning to me that they no longer are putting out product or have a team of sponsored riders. Like it or not they have done a lot for the sport and I don’t see the smaller brands having as major of an impact on newcomers
Redheadd
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Discovery bay

PostPosted: Oct 24, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.originalwakeskates.com

Rich is making these all day. Things ride awesome and are damn near unbreakable. Hand made right here in Northern California. Try to support the smaller companies that continue to put in the work to keep the sport alive and spread the stoke!!

BB
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 24, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure wakeskating is alive and well. I would just say alive...
There are lots of pros and cons of the big companies being in the sport. But them being totally out of it is not a good thing.
stack
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 25, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boards these days are so much better than they have ever been.
I look around in Europe and things are far better than they have been for a while.
Previously you picked up a liquid force deck or you imported from the US. Importing from US = Random postage and tax charges and tricky warranty details.
There were remotes around but importing again meant prices were crazy.
I remember days when one of my friends would import a Devotid or similar only to have it disintegrate within a week, with no real warranty claim.

In Europe now I can pick up one of 3-4 brands locally, all of which are quality boards.

This year I picked up an Aesthetic for 100+ dollars cheaper than a Remote or Tao would have cost and it's held up far better than my previous 5 remote decks.
dirtyohioriver22
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: cincy

PostPosted: Nov 01, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess wakeskates arnt like skatedecks that you can rip through three decks , wheels and bearings in a few months,,, i bought one integrity skate ten years ago and its all ive ever needed
Redheadd
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Discovery bay

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^true they can last but treat yourself don't cheat yourself! You might be missing out on some 🔥🔥.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: