FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Directional vs. Directional Twin BS debate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakeLife
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: pon di island...

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Directional vs. Directional Twin BS debate Reply with quote

Ok, so after reading thru all the minusha on this topic and the way these boards are being designed these days I'd like to hear what my fellow snow rippers here think. It seems from what I'm reading there may not be that big of a difference between the two designs in general except for the exaggerated tapered tail on the directionals. I'm in the market for a POW/Freeride board (161 to 162). I'm not looking for a straight pow board to be clear.

For the steep and deep days does it really pay to have the directional instead of a directional twin to float up top a bit better? On the flip side, I still want to be able to ride switch and land switch off drops, etc. I ride fast and aggressively, is a directional going to hinder the switch riding, buttering 3's, etc. that much?

What are some of the pro's and con's of each design based on how I want to ride?

I'm looking at YES Pick Your Line (directional), YES Typo (directional twin), Jones Flagship (directional), GNU Mullair (directional twin), Iguchi Arbor (directional twin)...

Open to other suggestions on other stand out boards as well, a couple of those I'm looking at are medium flex, I'd prefer a stiffer flex for this board purchase. Any comments or suggestions greatly appreciated.

POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a ROME Brigade for a 2015 Utah trip/

I wake skate goofy and predominately snowboard regular.

I know where your coming from. I wanted to get in the trees at Solitude and Brighton, Lap the park, ride either stance, kick back the stance when we had one day of 13+ at snowbird. It was a directional twin with the 3drocker on a camber profile and I freaking loved it. Smooth transitions, regardless of stance setup, Edge hold, still rode switch fine, bla bla,

I came off a directional camber in the past, went to the Capita 0 camber Outdoor living for 13/14 and had no clue how bad that board was at covering the bases outside the parks and east coast groomers, until I tried this new one.

I can only describe it to be like having an old school board feel , but has been modernized. One the steeps, having that rolling nose and tail makes leg burning edge holding work much easier, with for a non-local, person it is huge to not need the stamina when you only show up to ride a few days over the year. Rode 6 days straight of first chair last call and I wasn't even feeling any thing related to the stress of fighting a board on the mtn.

my 2c
LakeLife
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: pon di island...

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POPTART, thanks for the comments and response Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: