FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Daniel Grant, Wakeskate Edit - Eclipse and fund raising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daviddgrant
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Bangkok

PostPosted: Dec 02, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Daniel Grant, Wakeskate Edit - Eclipse and fund raising Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

First time posting for me, but wanted to reach out to the wakeskate community. My son Daniel Grant will release his year end edit Eclipse on 23rd December, the edit will be put together by ANDY KOLB. The whole concept and idea can be found at www.waketao.com

The concept of the edit is covering Daniel's 2016 season, it covers around 12 countries of competitions, plus a bunch of free riding. It will cover The Wakeskate Tour, Wake the Line, Jamboree etc. etc.

The concept is actually two edits, one which will be Wakeskate and one Wakeboard, the two edits will run in sequence together.

A Thai Wakeboarder by the name of Mac Rosen had a bad accident earlier this year and as a result had to have his leg amputated. So our idea was to offer the edit as a premier with a USD200.00 donation from the wake community (Cable parks, company owners, or individual donations) The premiere dates would be 17-18th December. From 19-22nd December the edit can be found on vimeo with a bunch of other stuff for a USD10.00 subscription. 23rd December (his birthday) the actual ECLIPSE edit is on line free for everyone. Every cent raised goes to Mac Rosen to help him purchase a prosthetic leg.

We already have around 15 countries and 20 locations confirmed to host this but nothing specifically from the wakeskate community. So i just wanted you all to be aware of this. We have also extended the concept to suggest it's used for fund raising for BEN LECLAIRE who had severe spinal injury Friday last week. I have extended the idea to Slingshot and encourage any ideas anyone has to raise money.

Anyone can host, you simply donate USD200.00 and you receive the edit, plus a bunch of other stuff we are preparing and send to the individual over drop box. Every cent goes to the recovery of the rider (all details on the website).

If you would like to know more, you can contact me directly at davidgrant@waketao.com and I will be more than happy to explain more. You can find also information at Daniels website (waketao.com) or via his Facebook Athlete page.

Andy Kolb has made two great edits of Daniel - The Debut (wakeboard) and Seven Eleven (wakeskate) (You can find it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlc07lq9S3s)

Daniel has been riding so much wakeskate this season, since EXPO basically every day in Thailand and filming, not just TWP but a bunch of unseen winch spots. I am sure it will be something you can all enjoy.

The point of the message is to try find supporters to the Premiere and raise funds. We are pretty much getting on target and have product support from Liquid Force, Spy and other brands. We wanted to set a figure that would suit also individuals as well as cable parks and companies in the industry.

I look forward to hearing from you, thanks in advance for your support.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: