FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

HEY YO, UPDATE THIS SITE PLEASE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember what you sent me WERDna. And I definitely respect your ideas!!

I'm not bitter, but simply speaking from experience I can say this site was generally not the first place most folks wanted their stuff posted. When it was the first what lasted after wakeskate.com, people contributed. It was alliance, it was alliance wakeskate, it was the sub (respect!), it was the WSM. For how people care about how this site is represented now that there's nothing left, again, I can probably count on one hand the number of people who were into submitting stuff.

The flip side is I just started giving up and really didn't do some people the service they deserve. I still have articles from college I wrote but never posted. I would like to change that soon.

pumpyourbreaks
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canalskater, This thread is definitely lit. Instant classic wakeskating.com thread. It's got negativity, positivity, a bash post, and lots of opinions.

It wouldn't be a true classic without a response though. My posts are few and far between, before this thread my last post was from March, in response to hate on bi-levels. So I don't know where the every other thread comes from.My other posts were also mainly directed against hate, except the vendetta against Marcus(I love you Marcus, I just don't share the same POV as to what wakeskating needed), but my other posts now that I read them were to fire on somebody for ripping on wakeskate socks, ripping on Grubb, or ripping on a wakeskater who got a cover. I would actually say my attitude towards wakeskating isn't all that bad. I just have a very different opinion of where I think it should have gone which ostracizes me from you guys. I also don't agree with the notion that wakeskating is flourishing and to you guys I'm sure that can also be very annoying/frustrating. But I certainly don't enjoy the fact that some people are finding it hard to make a living and I explained that to you in private just how absolutely made up that notion is and it can also explain how it wasn't so much of me being burnt out on wakeskating as it was other things. As I told you, I honestly wish wakeskating nothing but the best and that includes everybody that is in it, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with the direction it went just as you guys took it in a different direction than where it was 10 years ago.

You called wakeskating an experiment, I call it a fun activity. One that was really too small to cultivate a set of rules placed on such as the no bi-levels, moving away from boat/pwc, or not being able to associate with wakeboarding. But everybody has an idea of how to grow the sport, and hell maybe if it did go in the direction I wanted it would be actually dead. I doubt the majority of people would enjoy 360s behind the boat or lipsides behind the jetski as much I did. I agree that I never did anything for wakeskating, but I'm glad you remember me as the dude on the boat with the beers and the babes though. Birthday
A.Rodriguez
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Pembroke Pines

PostPosted: Sep 26, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking for some people to ride with Embarassed it's lonely down in MWC
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread has gotten deep, and I almost dont think its the place for my simple post, but here it goes anyway:
one of my other passtimes is paintballing, and I frequent a paintball forum that i just wanted to show how straight forward a website can be for new comers to a sport. the website has tons of sections (classifieds, region by region forums, general forums, reviews, etc), basically similar to wakeskating.com in that aspect. BUT, the key difference is in its layout. all that is done is that when a company has a new release on a product, or a cool new edit drops, that particular thread gets moved to the front page with a nice big picture to display what the thread is about. its a really simple system that I think works really well. just like wakeskating.com, this websites heart and soul is in its forum, but when a topic is popular/poppin-off/a huge industry announcement, it gets highlited on the front page for easy access.

see for yourselves if you wish:

http://www.pbnation.com/
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so basically Im trying to say, keep the colors (blue and green), keep the ads, keep most of this site the same, but turn the main page into a giant easy access to popular threads in the discussion forum. Very Happy
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

senza wake wrote:
this thread has gotten deep, and I almost dont think its the place for my simple post, but here it goes anyway:
one of my other passtimes is paintballing, and I frequent a paintball forum that i just wanted to show how straight forward a website can be for new comers to a sport. the website has tons of sections (classifieds, region by region forums, general forums, reviews, etc), basically similar to wakeskating.com in that aspect. BUT, the key difference is in its layout. all that is done is that when a company has a new release on a product, or a cool new edit drops, that particular thread gets moved to the front page with a nice big picture to display what the thread is about. its a really simple system that I think works really well. just like wakeskating.com, this websites heart and soul is in its forum, but when a topic is popular/poppin-off/a huge industry announcement, it gets highlited on the front page for easy access.

see for yourselves if you wish:

http://www.pbnation.com/

Man PB nation sure has changed since the early 2000's

I really like how the FB content/ home page is full of the active content that the users provide.

so anytime we get a "buckets" edit or similar it would live on the FP

like a reddit fp or something like pbnation
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POPTART wrote:

I really like how the FB content/ home page is full of the active content that the users provide.

so anytime we get a "buckets" edit or similar it would live on the FP

like a reddit fp or something like pbnation

precisely. I really like that format and it doesnt seem like it would take a ton of work to keep up.
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

typo ment to say FP = front page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: