FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Users from 08 and earlier. Where are you now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottyb
new rank under construction

City: Jupiter

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started wakeskating with alexxx and mr. top hat. fell in love. Poogina. Italian Squirds. Orlando. Lake howell, lake Irma at the port said house, funboots. I have met some amazing people on here...and I don't talk to a single one of you anymore and I am sorry for that Crying or Very sad but I stopped wakeskating and focused on adulting. I am now a firefighter/paramedic in Jupiter, wakeskating a few times a year. A group of friends just recently reminded me of how much I loved wakeskating. Soo I am back to shredding as much as I can and I could not be happier. Sometimes you have to get lost to find yourself.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmIkdfGNpVzXhzoHlBnD9RIdGihD

that is a little history from Italian Squirds when I first met nick and started wakeskating, to orlando shredding, to when I said goodbye.

I made a list of everyone I have met on here and I had to delete it because it was way too long. I do want to say I love every one of you. I have had some of the best times of my life meeting all of you and shredding with you, and I am proud to be a member of this community (except for you dirtycracker, fck you I want my footy from 7 years ago). You all know who you are <3
mr.skalski
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice thread Very Happy nice to see "old folks" (electricsnow, kento911 a.s.o.) still skating.
haven't been at this site for a very long time and my login and password is still working.

started wakeskating in 2002 with homemade skate, it's up today still in shape and skateable. then made couples of others for my friends and myself (built myself my own promodel Very Happy ) and now i got SST 40,5.
unfortunately got not too much time to skate now but don't blame for it, i've just turned 40.

does anyone have any clue what's going on with thomas horrell? met him when he and aaron were in prague years ago. i still have his poster in my room.
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nominate this thread for best thread of 2016 Birthday
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. lets see, i was lurking on the old site before the crash then joined up on this one under the name wakesk8er209 or something like that. Was a huge Grubb fanboy and had a lot of his gear to prove it.

Had a lot of fun in the old ws.com chats and AIM chats. Watched a number of current pros come up through this site. Met way to many trues through here (Chris0, wakemitch, alexxx) and I still talk/ride with them all the time. Although some more than others since one never visits the west coast Arrow .

Bounced around a couple jobs but currently I'm getting my schooling payed for to head in the Mechanical field by B.A.R.T. (SF Bay Area Rapid Transit.. our version of a subway system). So im locked in this for two years to start my career and looking forward to it.

Still riding all the time when i can even though i havent progresssed much haha. Just having fun with it and passing the stoak onto my 10yr old nephew who has taken up wakeskating and even snowboarding now.

mank the tank
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Baton Rouge

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined the site end of 2007 and made an account in the beginning of 2008 with no knowledge of anything. Started filming the bayou boys and the island boys and directed Ride Among Us.

Had a good run working with Erich and Integrity, now I just film for my own personal projects and try to get the mags to print a photo every now and then. Stoked I recently just had a two page spread of Nick frontboarding a log from our Yew Ingling Trip this past issue of Alliance. (First photo ever in Alliance after 8 years of taking photos.)

Still riding 2-5 times a week with the crew on the Amite River. We have seen a huge growth in wakeskaters in south Louisiana and a few of the older guys are getting back into riding.
sk8tehwake
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Orlandooo

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still cutting my wrists with the occasional bi monthly shred. I miss you all Smash

Ps. Dirty cracker some how made IT. Kid used to troll everyone and now he is one of the best filmers in the industry. Pretty awesome!

-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sk8tehwake, You have freakin pikachu as your damn avatar and you dont play pokemon go!!! Smash
carive
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Manila

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2016 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

present from the other side of the world
SCBrips
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Darcy's Parents' Hot Tub

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 33 now. I've been wakeboarding since 1995 and wakeskating since 2003. Somehow I find myself riding more than I ever have. It's... Incredible. Thank God for Texas and thank God for cable parks.

I've always loved it, and I love it now more than ever. Let's ride.
dscsk8er55
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still riding every once in a while. My boat is right over by Frye. I am an old fart and still want to make the wakeskating video game. I got two kids and another due January, so that takes up most of my time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
meekers
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Thunder Bay

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an old man living on a lake and I no longer ride. I sold all my skates a few months back, but kept one "just in case".

Life slowly became more and more expensive, serious, and adulty every year, until I wound up where I am now. Hopefully I get myself a boat at some point what I can have the wife give me a pull (lulz), but by then I might be 50 years old.

I still come to this site almost daily just to see whats going on and see new gear that's coming out. Skating was such a huge part of my life for so long that there's still something there I can't completely let go of.
JeffKnox
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Jacksonville/Gainesville

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw man nostalgia is strong right now. I started this site in 04 or 05 as The_Leprechaun and started this account in 07. Best times of my life were riding every day and posting on this site. I was in high school when I started on this site. Now I'm 29, married and working as an engineer for the department of defense. So many good memories. Raven coming to jax and riding the rail behind my house, traveling with Kyle Mccutcheon and Tad! (I think my favorite rail was that one incline behind tads house. I got super obsessed with winches ever since Kento posted that video of his homemade winch made out of a motorcycle (I think). Trex coming to Gainesville and I think we tried to ride but the winch died. And of course our pool gap we built at a friends house and having nick come up and stick that massive 10ft+ gap first try. Riding with Marcus Knox is always a treat because I have watched him go from riding on a trick ski as a wake skate to being one of the best wake skaters In the world (my opinion but I won't change it lol). It was awesome reading how everyone is doing here.
funnyfeni
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: casselberry

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just happened to stop by and see this thread. Well, G Golly.

I joined sometime in 2003 before they moved over to the new discussion board format. Started wakeskating on hyperlites yellow foam board (still got it!) I'm currently 32 now and a firefighter paramedic in Brevard county Florida, work part time at Wet N wild passing out band aids and tampons, build pallet furniture from idea's on my pinterest account... I mean my girlfriends account.....

Kind of crazy how a few of us have become firefighters now.

Just went to OWC a few weeks ago and did pretty well for not hitting rails in 4 years. I didn't see many wakeskaters. I miss the days seeing two lines... wakeboarders and then just wakeskaters. At least the wakeskaters didnt have to wait as long as the wakeboarders. And what happened to the 4 or 6 lap rule on a busy day? I didn't have that problem a few weeks ago because it was slow but last time I was there, I had to wait forever.

I still live out on lake howell. I'm trying to put the bug in my girlfriends head to get a jet ski instead of saving up for a house. I'm getting close. I kayak and drink beer out there on the weekends. The rails are still up there in the back of the lake but can not be hit. Its pretty somber when you look at it. Like Post apocalyptic. I think its just waiting for me to re build them. I always liked coming on here while the sport was still new just to see what new trick some one landed. Like greys van (something like that) impossible. Parky getting better and better and every one else's progression. It was pretty amazing. I watch tour video recaps and my mind is blown at what people are doing!

Hopefully, I get that jet ski and can ride more and start filming again. I have a go pro but lost with the new editing software. I have 20 gigs of snowboard footage and cant seem to understand adobe. I just want my Imovie or pinnacle editor....and a good computer to do it on.

I love the drone footage I've seen. If they only had those 10 years ago!

Also, Stilling looking for some SBG wakeskates and hyperlite catalyst boards(first 2 years of making them)
dirtyohioriver22
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: cincy

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm alive AF breathing fresh air in USA,,(had a bad stint in Asia), boat riding on the ohio river, , , trying pop shuvs to catch to fs 180 (che blanc??) then falling and making everybody on the boat turn around and come get me ! thanks mom!!!!!!! I WISH A HAD MORE non-mother riding PARNDERs who want to winch in cincy?>>>> Rolling Eyes ,, need that remote control winch that one dude made,,, been skating a lot, cleaned my garage out yesterday , couldnt find the can opener i was looking for , opend my beans with a forkkk,,, thats where i am in life, forkin beans, porkin queens, tearin jeans
JIM-BRANTON
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined this site in 2007 in hopes to find some people to ride with. Is been 9 years since and those people I still consider some of the people I met through this site as family. I remember my mom freaking out I was going to pick somebody up off the internet and go ride. I also remember the weird situations with 40 year old men pulling up in my driveway in mini vans at 7am ready for a pull. Have blown my left knee out twice as well as my right once and a shattered pelvis. Quit using this site about a year or two before I quit riding as I felt watching others ride was only influencing me to ride like them and wanted to develop my own style. I quit riding about 4 years ago as I was being pushed to compete and it took all of the fun out of the hobby I started doing because I loved it. Today I'm 22 and started riding 4 days ago and haven't missed a day since. I have 99% of my shizzle back In 4 days. turned to the site in hopes to be able to find an integ and stumbled upon some old shizzle that made me miss everything this site used to be.
chriscut
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined in 2004, made a bunch of friends through this site, ran the norcalwake forum for a few years, and helped organize the nor cal convergence before handing it off. For a few years I rode a ton, took a bunch of photos, and had a great time.

I had a bad w2w bs 180 crash which caused me to need knee surgery. That kind of killed it for me so I retired from wakeskating. These days I still surf, run, snowboard, hike, skateboard, paddle board, mtn bike, and more these days. I also work in tech, and have a job that I love.

urinal mint
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well fart in my wallet and call it gas money. so many fun posts in here. joined in 05, read the forums all day at work. was 19-20 or so. now i'm 31, married, no kids. just bought an 02 wakesetter but haven't skated since last year. never got great at it, most advanced trick was 3shuvs for me.

met a few people on here and went winching, sold a winch to someone on here. lots of jokes, fights and good times on this site. to be young again!

hope everyone is doing great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: