FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Looking for new skate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jboss
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Chalmette

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Looking for new skate Reply with quote

Been a hot minute since I been on here. Been even longer since I rode. But found a someone to ride with and need a new skate bad. All I got is the original Nick T Integ (Yea, been that long haha). I liked the length of the Nick T but is waaay too light for me. Probably the most comfortable I felt weight wise was the Catalyst but was a bit too long at 42". I'm looking mostly at a Remote or a Tao. I guess what I mostly need to know is how heavy (or light) each are since I have options at length. Thanks for any and all help.
southpaw
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Houston, Texas

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Remote 40" entertainment series is 11.6 lbs. This is one ply thicker than the current series. All the Remote Nick Taylor boards have been made one ply thinner and they seem really light to me. Check their website they have the specs http://www.remotewakeskates.com/boards/

A Tao 39" is 9.4 lbs. This is really light to me, but the construction seems similar to an integrity.

Hope this helps
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also remember that this year the rest of the Remote line is also 1 ply thinner than in previous years. I personally like this because I hated how I out of the water they felt. They were really buoyant and as a personal preference it felt too high for me, but others loved it.

Although the Tao is lighter I didnt notice a big weight difference between them on the water. Remote felt faster to me just cruising through the water but it could just be the way the rails are tuned. Rounding them out a little more would have it sitting deeper in the water and slow it down if you needed it.

Both boards are great if you ride a lot of cable too. Tao is fully wrapped and can take a lot of abuse and slides well. Remote have one of if not the best Grind base on a wakeskate and the urethan sidewalls can take a beating.

If you are looking at the 39" Tao I have a 2014 on closeout for $269 and can knock a little off that for a ws.com member. I also have new Remotes in stock, just depends what route you want to go.

http://calmarinesports.com/wakeskate-1/boards/2014-obscura-tao-42.html

jboss
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the 40" Remote. Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. Can't wait to get back riding.
dirtyohioriver22
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: cincy

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude no way I also only have one board the original TNT carpe diem 39 nick taylor is so sick,

I like the heavy board ,the Water monsters Austin 40 board they ride smooth as butter and pop the ollie , very durable. best board ive riden

watermonsters boards shred gnar

jboss
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I prefer a little weight to it. My Nick T is about dead so reeeally needed a new one. I may end up getting a WM or Tao at some point tho.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: