FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Groveland Video on WSM
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frye

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=AlexXx=- wrote:
Lychee, Great vid on Tony.

I also enjoyed it but do not see how it relates here.

-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frye, You aren't sponsored by Mountain Dew?
Lychee
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frye, It shows the growing pains that this sport will have/just beginning to have. Tony took sponsorship, ran with it, and really brought skating to the mainstream. If everything stayed rider-owned the sport would grow at a crawling rate.
And Drew
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: cincinnati

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone who was living out on the Groveland farm permanently and temporarily worked hard to make the spot what it was. From the 2 weeks I spent camping there Josh was working full time and it seemed like he didn't have free time to ride and film. I know there was a misunderstanding or issue Kyle and Josh had living together but I'd don't remember details. It might have been the Josh's day in the life going to Alliance first and not WSM. I feel like a lot of us want wakeskating to be its own thing and to me it's important to support WSM or Wesub before other outlets. I'm going to help out other outlets or whoever if there is an opportunity, but I think we all need to stick together and keep wakeskating in wakeskatings hands.
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it because Jesus don't party?

IMO-The WSM compound would have a better home in Suwannee.

Sick video tho.

I think a lot of us have ambitions for wakeskating that never really get to take off the way they should. Props to the successes, and the people that support them to keep what is living alive. Unfortunately most of what is best for wakeskating (or ran by people who want the right things for wakeskating) never makes it out of the second year.
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because something doesn't go your way, doesn't mean you treat people shiznackle or destroy someone's property. That's what i have the hardest time with, and maybe it's because i'm older. As a hypothetical, if it was josh's property but a lot of the work was collective and communal, why does a minority get to destroy something for the majority? I guess things could go in any direction, but how does that help the greater good? Whatever...i just have a hard time making excuses for it.
Raven
3 Shuv Reed Texas Gap

City: OC

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang that spot is a lil oasis. Lots of love for the cows they really give it a laid back big boss backwoods vibe. Love the big 3 flip and the heel lips down the gap. The rail stuff has gotten so much more tech so not even sure about the terminology but progression is evident. d I r t y.
wakemitch
Frontside Bigspin

City: Yay Area

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the gist of what happened?
tad
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The property is owned by a cattle rancher named Mike. Everyone living there payed rent to Mike. There was a mutual disagreement between tenants and we were asked to leave immediately with very little time to look for a new place to live. During this short period, we disassembled the winch park WE built. If we had more time, our intentions were to restore the property as much as we could to it's original state. None of Josh's possessions were touched.

The comment was deleted because it was providing false information, similar to the information everyone in this thread is spreading.

The OP posted a video we worked really hard on and it sucks to come on here to read trash talk. Thanks to everyone who supported WSM print over the years and I'm truly sorry it didn't end on better terms. I hope everyone can move past this and keep wakeskating positive.

Later Smile

Last edited by tad on Apr 14, 2015 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Frye

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment was not about the Groveland issue but the subscription renewal. This is not the first time in wakeskating a company has disappeared with preorder money. tad, Is anyone from WSM currently trying to make amends with all the customers WSM accepted payment from and never delivered a product to?
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^This is also what I am most curious about^
I am also not a "rich kid", my wife is also expecting our first child, and frankly $20 to me is not a small deal. I would prefer to get that money back, flat out. But as a second result I would appreciate the promised swag bag so that I can at least feel like my money wasn't taken for no reason. I personally never buy t-shirts for more than like $5 but hey if I could get a shirt for what I paid I feel like I wasn't swindled. I have even received emails back from WSM saying they would let Kyle know about my inquiry. I've not heard anything back.

Is it trash talk to expect someone to not take money for nothing? I hope it was not my comments being referred to. I simply am an unsatisfied customer wanting compensation for my financial support given.
mank the tank
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Baton Rouge

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make a new thread for your complaints to the WSM crew who worked so hard to giving us a tangible all wakeskate mag. Lets leave the Groveland. thread with awesome comments and stoke on what tricks went down!

Bammer went off!! It was so sick seeing this dude have some good quality filmed tricks. I am buying his pro model. Dudes a G!
Lollar
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick video

shiznackle Drama

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: